Jump to topic:

I have an idea

PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:17:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
for a movie. It's called "Tyrannis". It documents the life of John Wilkes Booth from the moment he was born to the moment he got shot all over his face. Why is it called "Tyrannis", you ask? Because right after he shot Lincoln, he yelled "Sic semper Tyrannis", which translates in Greek to "thus always to tyrants". Also, it sounds freakin' awesome.

I would like to see James Franco as Booth. Thoughts?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:08:43 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:17:32 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
for a movie. It's called "Tyrannis". It documents the life of John Wilkes Booth from the moment he was born to the moment he got shot all over his face. Why is it called "Tyrannis", you ask? Because right after he shot Lincoln, he yelled "Sic semper Tyrannis", which translates in Greek to "thus always to tyrants". Also, it sounds freakin' awesome.

Basically you're praising Lincoln's assassination. You might as well make a Bible film called "Judas."
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 9:06:52 AM
At 3/15/2014 8:08:43 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/15/2014 5:17:32 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

Basically you're praising Lincoln's assassination. You might as well make a Bible film called "Judas."

In no way is it praising the assassination. It's just chronicling his life. Movies are made about bad people all the time.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess