Jump to topic:

Historically why has the north of England

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 5:52:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
always favored imperialism, while the south was against it?
Everytime we hear of atrocities and the empire, it was always initiated by Northerners. Cromwell was born in London, but his family was from Lincolnshire.
The biggest slave port was in the north of England, in Liverpool
Why? Is it the Scandinavian ancestry that makes them prone to imperialism and conquest.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 5:54:23 PM
I'm serious
brutality of unspeakable magnatudes always were sparked by northerners

People in supposedly rude London and the south were peace-loving by comparison.
Even today, when you go to the north, it's like Jim Crow. Some of the biggest racially motivated hate crimes and riots occured there.
Why?
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 5:58:29 PM
it was the south that gave birth to the Nazi parties, while the north had the KKK. OK not the Klan but you know imperialism and racially motivated hate crimes throughout its history. The first major hate crime in England was in the north, in South Shields
Not suprisingly the south of Scotland has a similar history
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 6:00:31 PM
At 3/26/2014 5:52:22 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Everytime we hear of atrocities and the empire, it was always initiated by Northerners. Cromwell was born in London, but his family was from Lincolnshire.
Why? Is it the Scandinavian ancestry that makes them prone to imperialism and conquest.

As we know, Denmark and Sweden (Sweden especially) had some of the most violent empires. It's no wonder Finns hate Swedes so much
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 6:02:40 PM
Hell, this might be a stereotype, but all the religiously orthodox, medieval English characters in movies always are from the north or the midlands
Uncle Vernon is the most classic example
The snobs are in the north not the south
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 2:36:35 PM
The British Empire was not brutal. It gave many of it's citizens better prospects for work, better living standards... I have yet to hear of any atrocity commited in the name of the British Empire that wasn't a reaction to worse atrocities committed by those living under it.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:21:37 AM
history is horrid to me.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 1:18:10 PM
At 3/30/2014 2:36:35 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
The British Empire was not brutal. It gave many of it's citizens better prospects for work, better living standards... I have yet to hear of any atrocity commited in the name of the British Empire that wasn't a reaction to worse atrocities committed by those living under it.

Let me tell you something: the southern English were the best of all of England. It was the northerners (England and southern Scotland) who were committing atrocities left and right. Looting, rape, murder.
The_Gatherer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 8:28:30 AM

This is historically wrong.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 12:34:06 PM
At 5/13/2014 8:28:30 AM, The_Gatherer wrote:

Why? Wasn't it James I who started the chaos of the British Empire when he launched a full-scale invasion of Virginia.? And he was a Lowlander?
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 12:35:44 PM
At 5/13/2014 8:28:30 AM, The_Gatherer wrote:

And he stole the Crown from southern England. And the first brutality in North America was caused by a northern Englander, John Smith, who was born in Lincolnshire. Not in London, not in Dorset, not in Essex, not in Sussex, not in Hampshire, not in Cornwall, but in Lincolnshire. He launched the first atrocities of warfare against the indigenous.
scots
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 3:26:36 PM
At 3/31/2014 1:18:10 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 3/30/2014 2:36:35 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
The British Empire was not brutal. It gave many of it's citizens better prospects for work, better living standards... I have yet to hear of any atrocity committed in the name of the British Empire that wasn't a reaction to worse atrocities committed by those living under it.

Let me tell you something: the southern English were the best of all of England.

this is definitely not true if that was true then how do you explain their actions against the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish? they killed many while we were just fighting for our country and our freedom. Edward the Second said this as he finished looting Scotland he also took many important objects of Scottish sovereignty, such as the black rood of St. Margaret, the stone of destiny, and other things. "a man does good work when he rids himself of S hit." He also made then sign the rag man roll. He charged William Wallace with treason when he was not a traitor.
"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears."
- John Lennon