Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 4:54:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 10:46:36 AM, Adam2 wrote:
like there is for Bush the son?

1) Because Bush Sr. is old news and the American society overall has an alarmingly short attention span.

2) Different standards within the society during his presidency also made his ideas somewhat more popular than how we might perceive them today with our modern outlooks and standards.

3) Also, he was the Director of the CIA before becoming President. Anyone with half a brain who was actually powerful enough to challenge him during that time knew better than to mess with a man who had the entire resources of the CIA behind him.
His son's actions helped distract the public of the atrocities committed by his father as President.

4) Most people old enough to really have a lived-experience of his presidency have better things to do than be on DDO. (Note that I used *most and not *all)

5) Who cares? There were plenty of Presidents worth hating more than George Bush Sr.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 4:55:24 PM
At 3/28/2014 4:54:10 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1) Because Bush Sr. is old news and the American society overall has an alarmingly short attention span.

2) Different standards within the society during his presidency also made his ideas somewhat more popular than how we might perceive them today with our modern outlooks and standards.

3) Also, he was the Director of the CIA before becoming President. Anyone with half a brain who was actually powerful enough to challenge him during that time knew better than to mess with a man who had the entire resources of the CIA behind him.

4) His son's actions helped distract the public of the atrocities committed by his father as President.

5) Most people old enough to really have a lived-experience of his presidency have better things to do than be on DDO. (Note that I used *most and not *all)

6) Who cares? There were plenty of Presidents worth hating more than George Bush Sr.

*Fixed.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:29:28 PM

Their policies were very different. Bush Sr. is much more inline with what most people would call an actual Republican whereas Bush Jr. is much more representative of a neoconservative, or at least is branded as such. IMHO Bush Jr. was more or less negligent in his duties.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:51:52 PM
At 3/28/2014 9:29:28 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Their policies were very different. Bush Sr. is much more inline with what most people would call an actual Republican whereas Bush Jr. is much more representative of a neoconservative, or at least is branded as such. IMHO Bush Jr. was more or less negligent in his duties.

True. Bush Sr was always more likable. Bush Jr was a prick.