Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

On the Spanish Civil War (and aftermath)

Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 2:41:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Arriba Espana!

Sorry, I just had to do that. Anyways, the Spanish Civil War is possibly one of the most underrated wars (in terms of consequences) in the history of the world. Now, we're talking about a war that foreshadowed World War II in almost every aspect; the two opposing sides, the technology, the diplomatic relations, the heroics of the left.......

Many people now underestimate the importance of the Spanish Civil War, but nevertheless, the drama involved in it makes it a good read.

So, DDo, what is your opinion on the importance of the Spanish Civil War?

Talk!
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 3:26:08 PM
At 4/27/2014 2:41:21 PM, Kc1999 wrote:
Arriba Espana!

Sorry, I just had to do that. Anyways, the Spanish Civil War is possibly one of the most underrated wars (in terms of consequences) in the history of the world. Now, we're talking about a war that foreshadowed World War II in almost every aspect; the two opposing sides, the technology, the diplomatic relations, the heroics of the left.......

Many people now underestimate the importance of the Spanish Civil War, but nevertheless, the drama involved in it makes it a good read.

Talk!

I believe that it was important. Here's why.

1. If it was not for it, Pablo Picasso most likely would not have many Guernica.

2. If it was not for it, Spain would still most likely be a Republic.

3. If it was not for it, Hitler probably would've attacked Spain.

4. Without it there wouldn't have been not Abraham Lincoln Brigade.

5. Many cultural things that came from the war wouldn't be known.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 8:03:06 AM
At 4/27/2014 3:26:08 PM, WheezySquash8 wrote:
At 4/27/2014 2:41:21 PM, Kc1999 wrote:
Arriba Espana!

Talk!

I believe that it was important. Here's why.

1. If it was not for it, Pablo Picasso most likely would not have many Guernica.

2. If it was not for it, Spain would still most likely be a Republic.

REPUBLIC OF SPAIN SOUNDS HORRIBLE TO ME.

3. If it was not for it, Hitler probably would've attacked Spain.
The Republicans had no chance of winning anyways. Next time don't put statists fighting with anarchists

4. Without it there wouldn't have been not Abraham Lincoln Brigade.

5. Many cultural things that came from the war wouldn't be known.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink