Jump to topic:

Noah's Ark

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 5:51:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Has anybody seen the main attracion at Turkey's National Park which is named Noah's Ark National Park?

Old comp or something, I'm unable to post the direct link here. You can see the pictures ....hopefully directly without wading through the whole website.....by typing Noah's Ark Overview in your browser or search engine. When I try to paste the direct link, it goes to the main website homepage and I have not read any of the stuff on that page so I'm not sure if I agree wtih them or not.......but the pictures and evidences of what appears to be the petrified remains of Noah's Ark are cool.

Try to keep an open mind as you look......it's easy to see the indisputable evidences of the ark......I have not investigated all of the claims such as pottery or something found near the site with the name Noah on it, but the shape, size, petrified wood walls...sure looks like Noah's Ark.

Acheology never disproves the Bible, and I believe God simply because I know Jesus is God and He is risen from the dead and is the Creator of all and the Saviour of all siinners who believe on Him and receive Him by calling on God in His name to save them from hell.........but it is cool when strong archeological evidence supports Bible stories as history and proves Biblcal places were as the Bible said they were.

Please spare me the time of reading your comments if you do not first look at the pictrures where the measurments are shown in the pictures. If you get to the right webpage, you will know it's the one I'm talking about here.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 6:25:43 PM
At 10/3/2014 5:51:57 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Has anybody seen the main attracion at Turkey's National Park which is named Noah's Ark National Park?

Old comp or something, I'm unable to post the direct link here. You can see the pictures ....hopefully directly without wading through the whole website.....by typing Noah's Ark Overview in your browser or search engine. When I try to paste the direct link, it goes to the main website homepage and I have not read any of the stuff on that page so I'm not sure if I agree wtih them or not.......but the pictures and evidences of what appears to be the petrified remains of Noah's Ark are cool.

Try to keep an open mind as you look......it's easy to see the indisputable evidences of the ark......I have not investigated all of the claims such as pottery or something found near the site with the name Noah on it, but the shape, size, petrified wood walls...sure looks like Noah's Ark.

Acheology never disproves the Bible, and I believe God simply because I know Jesus is God and He is risen from the dead and is the Creator of all and the Saviour of all siinners who believe on Him and receive Him by calling on God in His name to save them from hell.........but it is cool when strong archeological evidence supports Bible stories as history and proves Biblcal places were as the Bible said they were.

Please spare me the time of reading your comments if you do not first look at the pictrures where the measurments are shown in the pictures. If you get to the right webpage, you will know it's the one I'm talking about here.

Since when has Jesus been G-d? The (Christian) belief is that he is G-d's son, just an FYI.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 6:57:22 PM
At 10/3/2014 6:25:43 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Since when has Jesus been G-d? The (Christian) belief is that he is G-d's son, just an FYI.

you are ignoring the forum topic. Did you look at the pictures? If you want to go off topic from this forum, please at least show enough manners to look at the site of interest in the opening of the forum and say something about it. Start your own forum if you are not interested in the topic of this one. Tankyyou
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 7:38:22 PM
At 10/3/2014 6:57:22 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

you are ignoring the forum topic. Did you look at the pictures? If you want to go off topic from this forum, please at least show enough manners to look at the site of interest in the opening of the forum and say something about it. Start your own forum if you are not interested in the topic of this one. Tankyyou

No, but I will do.

I was just addressing that one statement. As far as I'm aware, the Christian bible defines Jesus as the Messiah; not G-d himself.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 9:50:29 PM
At 10/3/2014 7:38:22 PM, Emilrose wrote:

No, but I will do.

I was just addressing that one statement. As far as I'm aware, the Christian bible defines Jesus as the Messiah; not G-d himself.

ok....well, there is only one Bible. "Bible" comes from the word, I think it's Greek, "Biblios". It means "The Book" The entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation conveys the message of God Himself coming down from Heaven to take on the form of a man to pay for the sins of mankind to justify eternal life to all who A) Admit you are a sinner and you have sinned agaisnt God B) Believe He took your death when he took on a body to die in your place as the Son of God., and that he rose from the dead bodily so you can be forgiven of the sins you committed which He died for, and C) Call on God in the name of Jesus Christ who took your death to save you, and He will be your life, eternal life, through faith in His blood and his resurrection. For with the heart, man believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation; that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus Christ, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (from eternal death in Hell)

Whoever taught you about the Bible ......I'm sure they meant well for you, but they didn't know who (Jesus) they were talking about.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 10:05:21 PM
At 10/3/2014 7:38:22 PM, Emilrose wrote:

No, but I will do.

I like to explain it this way when people say Jesus is the Son of God but not God. ( I do appreciate your respect for God in not spelling His name and using G-d, but you are being reverent in the way you are using God's name and it's ok to say God when you are talking about God and not using His name as a curse word or trying to insult Him.)........ok, heres the explanation. If you have a son, your son is a human being like you. God's Son is God like Him. God the Father and God the Son. Jesus came down from Heaven through God the Holy Spirit who concieved Jesus is Mary (Mary was a young woman like you, not "Mother of God" or "Queen of Heaven". Mary was simply chosen as the vessel to provide a body for the Son of God. The Holy Spirt conceived in her, Mary's seed was the seed of the woman referred to in Genesis when God promised that the seed of the woman would bruise the head of the serpent ( a death blow to the devil). That seed in Mary became the body for the Son of God, who had no sin in His blood because His Father, God had no sin. The Holy Spirit it God. Jesus was born without sin, He never sinned, He is God. That is why death could not hold him in the ground after He gave Himself up to be crucified. He paid for our sins so we can be forgiven in His resurrection. We can be justified with God by what jesus did for us.
This is the gospel, "gospel" means "good news". The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. OK?
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 4:21:10 PM

http://www.csun.edu...

Sorry, it is not the Ark.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 4:33:31 PM

Assuming it is the Ark, although it probably is just a bunch of aged wood, lets look at the problems with Noah's ark.

http://www.talkorigins.org...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 8:49:20 PM
At 10/7/2014 4:33:31 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Assuming it is the Ark, although it probably is just a bunch of aged wood, lets look at the problems with Noah's ark.

Did you read the list of evidences? Did you read about what is in the middle of the structure? I don't see anybody refuting the evidences that what is pictured, and is the main attraction of the nation of Turkey's Noah's Ark national park, is in fact the remains of Noah's Ark. Are you ignoring the evidences and just going to a website which is ignorant of this huge artifact and the evidences which show it to fit the description of Noah's Ark in the Bible? There are probable hundreds of websites that will explain why they think the Bible story of Noah's Ark is impossible. Do any of them acknowledge Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey and it's main attraction? Do any of those sites show the evidences listed to be fraudulent?

I'm not interested in any site which is not answering the evidences for the remains of Noah's Ark now petrified and thouroughly scientifically investigated showing it is indeed and ancient ship. I would be more than happy if someobdy could show the evidences listed under the picture are not documented and are fraudulent.

I say the slew of websites which try to discredit the Bible story are fraudulent. That's why it's so important for them to get you to ignore the evidences in Turkey's Noah's Ark National Park.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 8:59:08 PM
At 10/7/2014 8:49:20 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Did you read the list of evidences? Did you read about what is in the middle of the structure? I don't see anybody refuting the evidences that what is pictured, and is the main attraction of the nation of Turkey's Noah's Ark national park, is in fact the remains of Noah's Ark. Are you ignoring the evidences and just going to a website which is ignorant of this huge artifact and the evidences which show it to fit the description of Noah's Ark in the Bible?

When we look at ships of a similar size, like the Wyoming schooner, they are not sea worthy. This ship required pumps just to keep water out and it still sank.

"Because of her extreme length and wood construction, Wyoming tended to flex in heavy seas, which would cause the long planks to twist and buckle, thereby allowing sea water to intrude into the hold (see hogging and sagging). Wyoming had to use pumps to keep her hold relatively free of water. In March 1924, she foundered in heavy seas and sank with the loss of all hands."

http://en.wikipedia.org...(schooner)

What makes you thin Noah's ark would survive a global flood?

There are probable hundreds of websites that will explain why they think the Bible story of Noah's Ark is impossible. Do any of them acknowledge Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey and it's main attraction? Do any of those sites show the evidences listed to be fraudulent?

I'm not interested in any site which is not answering the evidences for the remains of Noah's Ark now petrified and thouroughly scientifically investigated showing it is indeed and ancient ship. I would be more than happy if someobdy could show the evidences listed under the picture are not documented and are fraudulent.

I say the slew of websites which try to discredit the Bible story are fraudulent. That's why it's so important for them to get you to ignore the evidences in Turkey's Noah's Ark National Park.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:23:09 PM
At 10/7/2014 4:21:10 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Thank you for the article, that is the best skeptic view I could ask for.

Sounds to me, after reading carefully, the guy is grasping at straws in desparation trying to deny it is the Ark. Whether it is or it is not the Ark.....it's cool. I think it is the Ark myself. The geologist seems to do a fair investigation, but still by his own words ingores many of the evidences which go far beyond coincidence in supporting the Bible story. He has to believe in a lot of hypothesis to ignore many of the evidences.
We could go back and forth on the evidences and the geologists reasons for his beliefs. I don't see where the geologist is testing anthing contrary to his beliefs, such as how iron would oxidize and be contaminated in the environment it is in, or the effects of chemical interactions of pith in the surrounding minerals. It seems like the geologist reaches a lot of hasty conclusions and ignores masses of circumstancial evidence that by odds would go far beyond coincidence. Is there another mound like this anywhere in the world that is so well shaped like a boat and is the exact size given in the Genesis account?
The governments of the world have a strong interest in denying the Biblical story. Proof of Noah's Ark would cause a large percentage of a nations population to believe the Bible is true and then to call on their governments to follow God's law in leadership.

The skeptical geologist tells the story as if the Turkish Govt closed the site off because they did wanted to keep the appearance that it is the Ark, but I think it is more likely that they want to avoid undeniable proof from being established as it would have been by continued research. If the Bible story is true, (and it is), the Israel is the apple of God's eye and any nation which is agaisnt Israel is against God and will be punished by God. Turkey is not a friend of Israel. A world dictator will rise, a one-world governmet will rule all nations, it's easy to see the Bible is true as we see events lining up for the fullfillment of all the prophecies given for the end times. Proof of Noah's Ark would be a big headache for the enemies of God and of Israel. There is enough proof to know God's Word is true and never has, never does, and never will fail. Most people will refuse to listen to God and will enter eternity by choice confined to Hell because the insisted on setting themselves apart from God in thier pride.

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:36:45 PM

It could be the remains of any wooden boat. The question is: Could a 520 ft wooden ship be made sea worthy? The answer is no. I have provided an example of the Wyoming schooner to show a wooden ship being pushed past its limits. And this was a 20th century ship.

As to how the Ark could have survived the sea, I do not know.

Did you read the list of evidences? Did you read about what is in the middle of the structure? I don't see anybody refuting the evidences that what is pictured, and is the main attraction of the nation of Turkey's Noah's Ark national park, is in fact the remains of Noah's Ark. Are you ignoring the evidences and just going to a website which is ignorant of this huge artifact and the evidences which show it to fit the description of Noah's Ark in the Bible? There are probable hundreds of websites that will explain why they think the Bible story of Noah's Ark is impossible. Do any of them acknowledge Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey and it's main attraction? Do any of those sites show the evidences listed to be fraudulent?

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:37:06 PM
At 10/7/2014 8:59:08 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Did you read the list of evidences? Did you read about what is in the middle of the structure? I don't see anybody refuting the evidences that what is pictured, and is the main attraction of the nation of Turkey's Noah's Ark national park, is in fact the remains of Noah's Ark. Are you ignoring the evidences and just going to a website which is ignorant of this huge artifact and the evidences which show it to fit the description of Noah's Ark in the Bible?

When we look at ships of a similar size, like the Wyoming schooner, they are not sea worthy. This ship required pumps just to keep water out and it still sank.

"Because of her extreme length and wood construction, Wyoming tended to flex in heavy seas, which would cause the long planks to twist and buckle, thereby allowing sea water to intrude into the hold (see hogging and sagging). Wyoming had to use pumps to keep her hold relatively free of water. In March 1924, she foundered in heavy seas and sank with the loss of all hands."

There are probable hundreds of websites that will explain why they think the Bible story of Noah's Ark is impossible. Do any of them acknowledge Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey and it's main attraction? Do any of those sites show the evidences listed to be fraudulent?

Please answer in paragraph form, like writng a letter to me. I don't care to go back ane reread everyting I wrote to pick out your responses. God told Noah how to build the ark to survive the flood, and God made sure it survived. That's not hard for God to do.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:42:58 PM
At 10/7/2014 9:37:06 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/7/2014 8:59:08 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Please answer in paragraph form, like writng a letter to me. I don't care to go back ane reread everyting I wrote to pick out your responses. God told Noah how to build the ark to survive the flood, and God made sure it survived. That's not hard for God to do.

Sorry if that is an inconvenience. I just usually skim the text to find where the person responded. I guess god works in mysterious ways.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:44:29 PM
At 10/7/2014 9:36:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:

It could be the remains of any wooden boat. The question is: Could a 520 ft wooden ship be made sea worthy? The answer is no. I have provided an example of the Wyoming schooner to show a wooden ship being pushed past its limits. And this was a 20th century ship.

Please answer in paragraph form as you are writing a letter to me after reading my letter. I don't have time to go back and read my own stuff to pick out your responses. I'm not interested in the wyoming schooner.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 9:49:17 PM
At 10/7/2014 9:44:29 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Please answer in paragraph form as you are writing a letter to me after reading my letter. I don't have time to go back and read my own stuff to pick out your responses. I'm not interested in the wyoming schooner.

My apologies. The Wyoming schooner is a prime example of a wooden ship being pushed past its limits. It clearly displays why wood is a poor material to build a ship that big. It also shows how pumps were needed just to keep it floating and how it suffered structural failures in heavy seas.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 10:16:03 PM
At 10/7/2014 9:49:17 PM, SamStevens wrote:

My apologies. The Wyoming schooner is a prime example of a wooden ship being pushed past its limits. It clearly displays why wood is a poor material to build a ship that big. It also shows how pumps were needed just to keep it floating and how it suffered structural failures in heavy seas.

Ok, but this example is used specifically to attempt to discredit Noah's Ark. God told Noah how to construct the ark in detail, and God knew what He was doing. The Ark was not made according to any man's plans. It was made in obedience to God's plan. The architecture was not Notah's idea. There is no evidence of the size of the waves in the global flood. Remember, the entire world climate was different before the flood. It had never rained on the earth before the flood. A mist watered the face of the earth.

Scientist use unprovable hypothesis to support their beliefs of history. The conditions of the sea and the winds which covered the earth during the flood are not known, and most likely would not be the same conditions as found today. I doubt that there were thunderstorms at that time. The beginning of the flood, while the Ark was still on the ground, was the first time rain fell on the earth. Most of the water did not come from rain, it came from "the fountains of the deep". Huge stores of water have been discovered underground. The whole planet, which had been even in weather being watered daily by a mist and never by rain, suddenly was shaken to the foundations and the fountains of the deep were broken up. Water erupted from deep in the earth, the continents were shaken and shattered, the waters rose and I believe the surface of the earth fell at the same time as the waters which had been under the ground suddenly burrt out of the ground. I am a bit of a geoolgy and history hobbyist, I watch (well, I used to watch them all up untill last year when I finally got sick of television and got the thing out of my house for once and for all....and it sure makes for a better home with the TV gone). Geology, history, science and phyics all fascinate me. I score in the high 90's, 98 or 99 th percentile on my SAT's, I forget which subjects and which exact scores. I follow all of these things whenever I see them, and I listen to the skeptics and atheists and scientists and astronmers and the latest discoveries. I have seen the various attempts to explain the global flood as a localized event turned into a legend, and indisputable scientific evidences of some events. I'm sure the Wyoming shooner could not survive the high seas today if they say it would not. That does not prove Noah's Ark did not survive. They are not duplicating the environment before, during, or after the flood. Things changed drastically from before the flood to the time after, in rapid stages......first no rain, then rain.....global upheaval when the fountains of the deep were broken up (this explains continental drift much simpler and better than the millions of years anti-God scientists prefer to believe in).

If you assume the hypothesis of the Word of God to be true, the evidences observed in nature are much more supportive of the Genisis account than of the hypothetical belief in evolution and the Big Bang or whatever event is believed to have caused matter to appear and disperse throughout the universe.

Thank you for the much frienlier method of response in paragraph/letter form. Rare to find somebody who can show good manners while discussing differences.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 10:48:21 PM
At 10/7/2014 10:16:03 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/7/2014 9:49:17 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Ok, but this example is used specifically to attempt to discredit Noah's Ark. God told Noah how to construct the ark in detail, and God knew what He was doing. The Ark was not made according to any man's plans. It was made in obedience to God's plan. The architecture was not Notah's idea. There is no evidence of the size of the waves in the global flood. Remember, the entire world climate was different before the flood. It had never rained on the earth before the flood. A mist watered the face of the earth.

Scientist use unprovable hypothesis to support their beliefs of history. The conditions of the sea and the winds which covered the earth during the flood are not known, and most likely would not be the same conditions as found today. I doubt that there were thunderstorms at that time. The beginning of the flood, while the Ark was still on the ground, was the first time rain fell on the earth. Most of the water did not come from rain, it came from "the fountains of the deep". Huge stores of water have been discovered underground. The whole planet, which had been even in weather being watered daily by a mist and never by rain, suddenly was shaken to the foundations and the fountains of the deep were broken up. Water erupted from deep in the earth, the continents were shaken and shattered, the waters rose and I believe the surface of the earth fell at the same time as the waters which had been under the ground suddenly burrt out of the ground. I am a bit of a geoolgy and history hobbyist, I watch (well, I used to watch them all up untill last year when I finally got sick of television and got the thing out of my house for once and for all....and it sure makes for a better home with the TV gone). Geology, history, science and phyics all fascinate me. I score in the high 90's, 98 or 99 th percentile on my SAT's, I forget which subjects and which exact scores. I follow all of these things whenever I see them, and I listen to the skeptics and atheists and scientists and astronmers and the latest discoveries. I have seen the various attempts to explain the global flood as a localized event turned into a legend, and indisputable scientific evidences of some events. I'm sure the Wyoming shooner could not survive the high seas today if they say it would not. That does not prove Noah's Ark did not survive. They are not duplicating the environment before, during, or after the flood. Things changed drastically from before the flood to the time after, in rapid stages......first no rain, then rain.....global upheaval when the fountains of the deep were broken up (this explains continental drift much simpler and better than the millions of years anti-God scientists prefer to believe in).

If you assume the hypothesis of the Word of God to be true, the evidences observed in nature are much more supportive of the Genisis account than of the hypothetical belief in evolution and the Big Bang or whatever event is believed to have caused matter to appear and disperse throughout the universe.

"There is no evidence of the size of the waves in the global flood."

Wouldn't it be logical to infer that the waves would be huge suggesting the entire earth is being flooded?

"The Ark was not made according to any man's plans. It was made in obedience to God's plan."

Putting plans to one side, there are certain building materials you do not use to construct a 400 ft< x boat with.

" (this explains continental drift much simpler and better than the millions of years anti-God scientists prefer to believe in)."

Not every scientist who accepts that the earth is billions of years old is anti-god. There is solid evidence which suggests that the Earth is billions of years old.

Age of the earth:

Evolution is not a hypothetical belief. We have documented cases of speciation. The birth of a new species is evolution. Evolution is real. We have genetics, and a good fossil record to also back up the theory of evolution.

Evolution:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu...

http://www.pbs.org...

Lines of evidence for evolution:

http://www.agiweb.org...

Macro evolution:

Speciation:

Here is a video that shows the change from dinosaur to bird:

https://www.youtube.com...

Reptile to mammal:

Why evolution is true:

https://www.youtube.com...

Thank you for the much frienlier method of response in paragraph/letter form. Rare to find somebody who can show good manners while discussing differences.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:39:59 AM
At 10/7/2014 9:23:09 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/7/2014 4:21:10 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Sorry, this is a scientific view. It just so happens that science does not agree with your assertion that it is the Ark.

Sounds to me, after reading carefully, the guy is grasping at straws in desparation trying to deny it is the Ark.

How so? He explains the entire thing scientifically. There is no grasping at straws, there is no attempt to deny it is the Ark. It is scientifically examining the finding, then drawing a conclusion. The conclusion just so happens to be that it is not the Ark.

Whether it is or it is not the Ark.....it's cool. I think it is the Ark myself. The geologist seems to do a fair investigation, but still by his own words ingores many of the evidences which go far beyond coincidence in supporting the Bible story.

Like what? What does he ignore?

He has to believe in a lot of hypothesis to ignore many of the evidences.

Not really. I have read the "evidence" for, and I have read the link I gave you. It addresses it.

We could go back and forth on the evidences and the geologists reasons for his beliefs. I don't see where the geologist is testing anthing contrary to his beliefs, such as how iron would oxidize and be contaminated in the environment it is in, or the effects of chemical interactions of pith in the surrounding minerals.

He talks about Iron Oxide when talking about the composition of the "anchor stone". If you want to know how Iron oxidizes, you can easily look it up.

It seems like the geologist reaches a lot of hasty conclusions and ignores masses of circumstancial evidence that by odds would go far beyond coincidence.

Like what?

Is there another mound like this anywhere in the world that is so well shaped like a boat and is the exact size given in the Genesis account?

There are many mounds like this around the one claimed to be the Ark, but not all in the same shape. If given many mounds, finding one that looks like a boat would not surprise anyone.

The governments of the world have a strong interest in denying the Biblical story.

Conspiracy? Any evidence for that assertion?

Proof of Noah's Ark would cause a large percentage of a nations population to believe the Bible is true and then to call on their governments to follow God's law in leadership.

Really? How so?

The skeptical geologist tells the story as if the Turkish Govt closed the site off because they did wanted to keep the appearance that it is the Ark, but I think it is more likely that they want to avoid undeniable proof from being established as it would have been by continued research.

What someone who is not an expert in the field thinks is not anywhere near the level of those that are experts. I have yet to see a single geologist write a paper that shows that it is the Ark.

If the Bible story is true, (and it is),

Assertion without evidence.

the Israel is the apple of God's eye and any nation which is agaisnt Israel is against God and will be punished by God. Turkey is not a friend of Israel.

Is Turkey an enemy of Israel?

A world dictator will rise, a one-world governmet will rule all nations,

A one world government is not a bad thing. Being ruled by a dictator could be.

it's easy to see the Bible is true as we see events lining up for the fullfillment of all the prophecies given for the end times.

What prophecies, that pass the test as real prophecies, are being fulfilled?

Proof of Noah's Ark would be a big headache for the enemies of God and of Israel. There is enough proof to know God's Word is true and never has, never does, and never will fail.

This sounds a lot like a conspiracy, and that you are saying you should believe it because not all people in power agree with it.

Most people will refuse to listen to God and will enter eternity by choice confined to Hell because the insisted on setting themselves apart from God in thier pride.

Oh, preaching now, still no evidence.

It is a scientific view. The only scientific views on the "Ark" show that it is a fraud.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 6:32:31 PM

You are ignoring the Genisis account. The world was different before the flood. The climate was different, the atmosphere was different, and there is no way of knowing how high the waves were, or if there was lightning and storms during the flood, or high winds, or any wind at all.

Tell me this please......think about it for ten minutes before you answer. Test your answer by thinking about what would be different for you if you believed that Jesus Christ is God and He rose from the grave bodily promising eternal life to all who believe on Him?

Now the thing I want to know, after you think for ten minutes about hwo your life would be different if you believed on Jesus Christ as your Saviour? (I wonder if you are capalble for thinking about this for ten minutes)......if you answer before you think for ten minutes how your life would be diffeent if you believed on Jesus, your answer is disqualified, God knows. )........
the thing I want to know is why do you believe in evolutin rather than believe God created man in His own image? What do you get out of believing in evolution? What does it do for you? Why is it so important to believe in that stuff and go to such lengths to convince yourself that it is a fact and not a hypothesis?
The question is not about evidence. The question here is what do you get out of believing in evolution? what does it do for you? how does it make you feel? Why do you feel that way?

Does it make you feel good to think God will not hold you accountable for your thoughts, words, imaginations, and actions? Do you feel free by believing God is not there? Do you think death is freeing or escape from pain and suffering? Do you feel powerful thinking nobody is higher than you? What is it? You know, I once believed all the same things you believe now and the only thing I can think of getting out of it was feeling like I could do anything I wanted to do to satisfy myself and if it bothered anybody else, as long as I get away from them, it's ok.

I'm really not interested in the "evidences" of evolution. I had it crammed down my throat for thirty years before I finally realized it was all lies. (That moment of ultimate realization came when I realized that I deserved to burn in Hell as person who sinned agaisnt his Creator, and I was lost, and I believed on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ who is God who took my death, paid for my sins, and rose from the grave willing and able to forgive me and save you and bring me to heaven in eternal life.) There's nothing new about evolution. It's not science. It's a belief, grasping at straws to support a hypothissis that cannot be tested. If a hypothesis cannot be tested, it cannot be held as a theory. In reality, evolution is nothing more than a hypothesis. Now please, spare me the "evidences", and tell me about your personal feelings as to how believing in evolution makes you feel and what benefit you get from believing in evolution?
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 9:54:39 PM
At 10/8/2014 6:32:31 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

You are ignoring the Genisis account. The world was different before the flood. The climate was different, the atmosphere was different, and there is no way of knowing how high the waves were, or if there was lightning and storms during the flood, or high winds, or any wind at all.

Tell me this please......think about it for ten minutes before you answer. Test your answer by thinking about what would be different for you if you believed that Jesus Christ is God and He rose from the grave bodily promising eternal life to all who believe on Him?

Now the thing I want to know, after you think for ten minutes about hwo your life would be different if you believed on Jesus Christ as your Saviour? (I wonder if you are capalble for thinking about this for ten minutes)

I am capable of 10 minutes of though, thank you very much. It seems as though that was an insult, questioning my intellectual capabilities of having complex thought. Please refrain from insults.

......if you answer before you think for ten minutes how your life would be diffeent if you believed on Jesus, your answer is disqualified, God knows. )........
the thing I want to know is why do you believe in evolutin rather than believe God created man in His own image? What do you get out of believing in evolution? What does it do for you? Why is it so important to believe in that stuff and go to such lengths to convince yourself that it is a fact and not a hypothesis?

The question is not about evidence. The question here is what do you get out of believing in evolution? what does it do for you? how does it make you feel? Why do you feel that way?

Does it make you feel good to think God will not hold you accountable for your thoughts, words, imaginations, and actions? Do you feel free by believing God is not there? Do you think death is freeing or escape from pain and suffering? Do you feel powerful thinking nobody is higher than you? What is it? You know, I once believed all the same things you believe now and the only thing I can think of getting out of it was feeling like I could do anything I wanted to do to satisfy myself and if it bothered anybody else, as long as I get away from them, it's ok.

I'm really not interested in the "evidences" of evolution. I had it crammed down my throat for thirty years before I finally realized it was all lies. (That moment of ultimate realization came when I realized that I deserved to burn in Hell as person who sinned agaisnt his Creator, and I was lost, and I believed on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ who is God who took my death, paid for my sins, and rose from the grave willing and able to forgive me and save you and bring me to heaven in eternal life.) There's nothing new about evolution. It's not science. It's a belief, grasping at straws to support a hypothissis that cannot be tested. If a hypothesis cannot be tested, it cannot be held as a theory. In reality, evolution is nothing more than a hypothesis. Now please, spare me the "evidences", and tell me about your personal feelings as to how believing in evolution makes you feel and what benefit you get from believing in evolution?

Define evolution: A theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

I have literally shown you examples of speciation. I'll show them to you again. Here are some examples:

This is evolution. You are in denial. The evidence is cut and dry.

It is a scientific theory, not a hypotheses. I do not believe in it, in the same way I don't believe in gravity. I accept those scientific theories. There is no faith involved like in religion. I accept evolution as true as opposed to believing in one of hundreds of gods because there is no evidence for a god. Just like how I do not believe in fairies or dragons. Just like how you don't believe in Egyptian gods or Aztec gods. I get an understanding of reality by accepting evolution. It shows how life evolved and how we got here. I'm not trying to convince myself evolution is true, I just follow the evidence. We have documented cases of speciation. That right there is evolution.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:14:52 PM

Now the thing I want to know, after you think for ten minutes about hwo your life would be different if you believed on Jesus Christ as your Saviour? (I wonder if you are capalble for thinking about this for ten minutes)......if you answer before you think for ten minutes how your life would be diffeent if you believed on Jesus, your answer is disqualified, God knows. )........

Explain how documented cases of speciation do not prove evolution.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:35:15 PM
At 10/8/2014 9:54:39 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Now the thing I want to know, after you think for ten minutes about hwo your life would be different if you believed on Jesus Christ as your Saviour? (I wonder if you are capalble for thinking about this for ten minutes)

I am capable of 10 minutes of though, thank you very much. It seems as though that was an insult, questioning my intellectual capabilities of having complex thought. Please refrain from insults.

......if you answer before you think for ten minutes how your life would be diffeent if you believed on Jesus, your answer is disqualified, God knows. )........

Define evolution: A theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations

I have literally shown you examples of speciation. I'll show them to you again. Here are some examples:

It is a scientific theory, not a hypotheses. I do not believe in it, in the same way I don't believe in gravity. I accept those scientific theories. There is no faith involved like in religion. I accept evolution as true as opposed to believing in one of hundreds of gods because there is no evidence for a god. Just like how I do not believe in fairies or dragons. Just like how you don't believe in Egyptian gods or Aztec gods. I get an understanding of reality by accepting evolution. It shows how life evolved and how we got here. I'm not trying to convince myself evolution is true, I just follow the evidence. We have documented cases of speciation. That right there is evolution.

I hypothesis is not a theory untill repeated tests show the hypotheiss is valid. There has not been one test that showed a speciece changing into another species. If there is no faith involved in evolution, explain the origin of life without believing some kind of made up story.......which is called a hypothesis, a guess based on an observation. Tell me the origin of life based on your "truth" of evolution. Explain how life started, show me. Make it clear.

What you are calling speication is not one species changing into another species. The animals do not change into different animals. An evolutionist sent me articles that show a process called "speciation" in which animals can over time become a different species and are no longer able to breed with their "prior" species. Whether this is true or not, it does not prove macro-evolution. In all of the examples that were sent to me, they became a different "species" alright, but they were still the same kind of animals. Whales were still whales; plants were still plants, etc. How does this show macro-evolution is true; that one animal can become a different type of animal given enough time? It doesn"t. This is begging the question. You must assume that small changes (micro-evolution) can lead to big changes (macro-evolution). Speciation is yet another example of micro-evolution.....it is nothing more than adaptation.

So you believe life emerged out of non-life, and this is not a belief system? You can't understand reality unless you accept evolution? Evolution shows how we got here? Why is it important to you to believe we got here by chance? Evolution is nothing but a hypothesis, and when you believe in it, you will not consider anything that conradicts your believe, such as the laws of thermodynamics and the impossibllity of life to emerge out of non-life. You believe things that have never been observed and cannot be proven by testing. Only standing in a hypothesis and saying "this supports the hypothesis, and that supports the hypothesis", but really, you want to believe your hypothesis so you will make everything fit it.

You are not being honest when you say you get an understanding of reality through eviolution. Why does it make you feel better if you believe there is no God?
I don't think you gave a minute's thought to how your life woud be differeint if you believed the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you will not discuss how your life would be different if you believed something different, then this is a waste of time. You are going to go on believing life emerged out of non-life and you get death from it, and then you get proof that Hell is reall but you will never agaiin be able to believe God lvoes you because there will be no beausty or comfort or friendly conversation like this in which God's love is shown.

You are making a choice that is life or death. You are choosing death. I'm sorry. God loves you.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:42:54 PM
At 10/8/2014 10:35:15 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

I hypothesis is not a theory untill repeated tests show the hypotheiss is valid. There has not been one test that showed a speciece changing into another species. If there is no faith involved in evolution, explain the origin of life without believing some kind of made up story.......which is called a hypothesis, a guess based on an observation. Tell me the origin of life based on your "truth" of evolution. Explain how life started, show me. Make it clear.

You have a misunderstanding of evolution by natural selection. It does not seek to explain the origins of life.

What you are calling speication is not one species changing into another species. The animals do not change into different animals. An evolutionist sent me articles that show a process called "speciation" in which animals can over time become a different species and are no longer able to breed with their "prior" species. Whether this is true or not, it does not prove macro-evolution. In all of the examples that were sent to me, they became a different "species" alright, but they were still the same kind of animals. Whales were still whales; plants were still plants, etc. How does this show macro-evolution is true; that one animal can become a different type of animal given enough time? It doesn"t. This is begging the question. You must assume that small changes (micro-evolution) can lead to big changes (macro-evolution). Speciation is yet another example of micro-evolution.....it is nothing more than adaptation.

Now you are changing the goal posts. Speciation alone shows evolution. Now you want it it to be macro evolution.

Evidence for macro evolution:

So you believe life emerged out of non-life, and this is not a belief system? You can't understand reality unless you accept evolution? Evolution shows how we got here? Why is it important to you to believe we got here by chance? Evolution is nothing but a hypothesis, and when you believe in it, you will not consider anything that conradicts your believe, such as the laws of thermodynamics

The law of thermodynamics does not go against evolution.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu...

and the impossibllity of life to emerge out of non-life. You believe things that have never been observed and cannot be proven by testing. Only standing in a hypothesis and saying "this supports the hypothesis, and that supports the hypothesis", but really, you want to believe your hypothesis so you will make everything fit it.

You are not being honest when you say you get an understanding of reality through eviolution. Why does it make you feel better if you believe there is no God?
I don't think you gave a minute's thought to how your life woud be differeint if you believed the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you will not discuss how your life would be different if you believed something different, then this is a waste of time. You are going to go on believing life emerged out of non-life and you get death from it, and then you get proof that Hell is reall but you will never agaiin be able to believe God lvoes you because there will be no beausty or comfort or friendly conversation like this in which God's love is shown.

You are making a choice that is life or death. You are choosing death. I'm sorry. God loves you.

Either way, you are still living. Assuming hell and heaven exists, you just get tortured in hell. You still live though.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:48:02 PM

So you believe life emerged out of non-life, and this is not a belief system? You can't understand reality unless you accept evolution? Evolution shows how we got here? Why is it important to you to believe we got here by chance? Evolution is nothing but a hypothesis, and when you believe in it, you will not consider anything that conradicts your believe, such as the laws of thermodynamics and the impossibllity of life to emerge out of non-life. You believe things that have never been observed and cannot be proven by testing. Only standing in a hypothesis and saying "this supports the hypothesis, and that supports the hypothesis", but really, you want to believe your hypothesis so you will make everything fit it.

Which god?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:09:25 PM
Have you seen my Atheist Delusion Forums? The Atheist Delusion and The Atheist Delusion/2/ Rights Vs Gifts? Part 3 I have not started yet. It will fosus on the importance and meaning of every moment of time vs the lack of objective meaning for life in atheism.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:13:19 PM
At 10/8/2014 11:09:25 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Have you seen my Atheist Delusion Forums? The Atheist Delusion and The Atheist Delusion/2/ Rights Vs Gifts? Part 3 I have not started yet. It will fosus on the importance and meaning of every moment of time vs the lack of objective meaning for life in atheism.

Why have you jumped to from denying evidence of evolution( you have literally denied it. Speciation shows evolution clearly. It fits the definition of evolution. There is also evidence of macro evolution) to a meaning of life?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:18:08 PM
At 10/8/2014 10:48:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:

I am capable of 10 minutes of though, thank you very much. It seems as though that was an insult, questioning my intellectual capabilities of having complex thought. feel that way?

which god? a god would be less than God, and not truly God. You can call yoursefl a god, thought you really are only a created being. God who loves you is the only God, He is God. This is all you have to say? "which god"? as if you don't know the diference between God and gods? You are joking, right? You know the difference between God and a god or gods, right? Ok Sam. I guess you are not much for conversation.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:19:59 PM
At 10/8/2014 11:13:19 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 10/8/2014 11:09:25 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Why have you jumped to from denying evidence of evolution( you have literally denied it. Speciation shows evolution clearly. It fits the definition of evolution. There is also evidence of macro evolution) to a meaning of life?

Untill you start acting like you are reading my posts, I'm not going to bother trying to ansewr you