Jump to topic:

What if the Bullet Had missed JFK?

DebatorJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 12:26:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If the bullet missed JFK on that horrible November day, then America would be a lot different. For starters, the great society which included programs such as federal housing, medicare and Medicaid I argue would have never come into existence since Johnson used Kennedys death to his advantage to pass these programs. Since there would be no Medicare and Medicaid, there would be no healthcare crisis, since the supply of healthcare wouldn't be subsidies in favor of certain groups such as what these laws did (Poor, and the Old). The banks would be less powerful if Kennedy was never killed because during his presidency he was going after the powerful banking cartels and was going to pass a law where the treasury instead of the FED would control the money supply, and under the treasury control, it would be backed by silver and the money would be debt and interest free which I argue would have improved the US economy tremendously and lessened the severity of the current US financial crisis. That being said, the Vietnam war still would have happened because JFK believed in Domino theory just like Eisenhower which stated that just like dominos, countries will fall to communism the same way if it is not stopped. The civil rights acts of the 1960s would have also been passed just like they would have been if under Johnson. The final change would be that the CIA would be a weaker organization. JFK told the CIA to not go through with the Bay of Pigs invasion, but the CIA didn't listen because the CIA wanted to get tough on communism and so did it anyway. Angered by the CIA, JFK had to take the blame for the agency actions so it would appear he had control of the government and knew what was going on. Because of this incident, JFK had plans to defund and eventually get rid of the CIA. So perhaps the CIA duties would have just been shifted to the FBI, Pentagon, or maybe not at all. Who knows. That is my take on what would have happened had the bullet missed kennedy, what are your guys opinions?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 10:19:41 PM
At 10/9/2014 12:26:44 PM, DebatorJack wrote:
If the bullet missed JFK on that horrible November day, then America would be a lot different. For starters, the great society which included programs such as federal housing, medicare and Medicaid I argue would have never come into existence since Johnson used Kennedys death to his advantage to pass these programs. Since there would be no Medicare and Medicaid, there would be no healthcare crisis, since the supply of healthcare wouldn't be subsidies in favor of certain groups such as what these laws did (Poor, and the Old). The banks would be less powerful if Kennedy was never killed because during his presidency he was going after the powerful banking cartels and was going to pass a law where the treasury instead of the FED would control the money supply, and under the treasury control, it would be backed by silver and the money would be debt and interest free which I argue would have improved the US economy tremendously and lessened the severity of the current US financial crisis. That being said, the Vietnam war still would have happened because JFK believed in Domino theory just like Eisenhower which stated that just like dominos, countries will fall to communism the same way if it is not stopped. The civil rights acts of the 1960s would have also been passed just like they would have been if under Johnson. The final change would be that the CIA would be a weaker organization. JFK told the CIA to not go through with the Bay of Pigs invasion, but the CIA didn't listen because the CIA wanted to get tough on communism and so did it anyway. Angered by the CIA, JFK had to take the blame for the agency actions so it would appear he had control of the government and knew what was going on. Because of this incident, JFK had plans to defund and eventually get rid of the CIA. So perhaps the CIA duties would have just been shifted to the FBI, Pentagon, or maybe not at all. Who knows. That is my take on what would have happened had the bullet missed kennedy, what are your guys opinions?

My take is that conjecture on matters like these is useless and leads not to a better understanding of politics, but a degrading cynicism that is quite effective at destroying any fundamental understanding of the political system.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 3:21:19 PM

There have been a number of books written speculating this scenario, or what would have happened had Kennedy survived after being shot. No one knows what would have happened. Many feel that the assassination of his brother was just as profound. Kennedy could only have been president for eight years. We've survived Democrats and Republics both, over and over again, for that length of time, yet each side believes they are the ones who keep us from falling over the cliff.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 4:34:00 PM

One figurehead the more, one figurehead the less... what does it matter? The POTUS has no real power. Which is not to say that it doesn't matter a man died that day.
You can call me Mark if you like.
joepbr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:09:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2014 3:54:06 PM, RMB2 wrote:
If the bullet had missed JFK, he would have survived.

Oh, come on, stop creating these ridiculous conspiracy theories.
My alternative to the Political Compass: http://www.debate.org...
BenevolentPeace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 2:31:04 AM
At 11/13/2014 3:54:06 PM, RMB2 wrote:
If the bullet had missed JFK, he would have survived.

If the bullet missed JFK, "they" would just set up another assassination.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 11:02:20 PM
There were several bullets that did miss JFK. He took a handful of shots and only one of them hit JFK.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:06:28 PM
At 12/20/2014 11:02:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:
There were several bullets that did miss JFK. He took a handful of shots and only one of them hit JFK.

Didn't two? One in the head and one somewhere else?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:09:36 PM
At 12/26/2014 6:06:28 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:02:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Didn't two? One in the head and one somewhere else?

Yeah, one hit a stop sign, and another hit an interception light.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:06:34 PM
Very interesting

If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax