Jump to topic:

Abraham Lincoln was a fruitcake

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 7:47:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
His diary reveals a special friend he often shared a bed with and would hold hands with while walking through his garden.

What other historical figures were secretly gay? http://m.huffpost.com...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 7:42:39 PM
I'm sure you're trolling but he wasn't.

Those things were common for the time. Sleeping in the same bed wasn't uncommon, especially for lawyers travelling to rural areas that may not have sufficient lodgings for traveling courts.

Lincoln also had a very passionate heterosexual adolescent romance that ended tragically when the girl he was in love with died. Lincoln had several children, which doesn't proved he liked having sex with women but does prove he probably did it quite a bit.

At any rate he wasn't a fruitcake, even if he was homosexual. He coulda whooped your as.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 7:43:58 AM
At 1/31/2015 7:47:49 PM, Wylted wrote:
His diary reveals a special friend he often shared a bed with and would hold hands with while walking through his garden.

- Sharing beds &/or holding hands between men is very normal in Arab countries, this stigma exist in the modern West, I doubt it did existed before.
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 8:44:32 AM
At 3/14/2015 7:43:58 AM, YassineB wrote:

- Sharing beds &/or holding hands between men is very normal in Arab countries, this stigma exist in the modern West, I doubt it did existed before.

I thought Arabs were homophobic.

Which is it? Do Arabs act like queers or are they homophobic?

It can not be both, can it?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 8:46:37 AM
At 2/12/2015 7:42:39 PM, Raisor wrote:

Those things were common for the time. Sleeping in the same bed wasn't uncommon, especially for lawyers travelling to rural areas that may not have sufficient lodgings for traveling courts.

Lincoln also had a very passionate heterosexual adolescent romance that ended tragically when the girl he was in love with died. Lincoln had several children, which doesn't proved he liked having sex with women but does prove he probably did it quite a bit.

At any rate he wasn't a fruitcake, even if he was homosexual. He coulda whooped your as.

I just noticed you said Lincoln could beat me in a fight. I am highly offended. That bastard is a pvssy. He one time backed out of a duel. What type of pvssy backs out of a duel?
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 9:27:28 AM
At 3/14/2015 8:46:37 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/12/2015 7:42:39 PM, Raisor wrote:

I just noticed you said Lincoln could beat me in a fight. I am highly offended. That bastard is a pvssy. He one time backed out of a duel. What type of pvssy backs out of a duel?

He was known as a great wrestler and he was jacked. One time when he was on a naval ship he impressed the crew by being the only one on the ship able to hold an axe out at arms length for a minute.

Anyways he didn't back down from a duel, he worked out the disagreement with his opponent at the last minute. Lincoln thought duelling was stupid and tried to bring a resolution to it as hard as he could. The duel was hand to hand combat so Lincoln most likely would have won considering he was huge and jacked.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 9:48:30 AM
At 3/14/2015 8:44:32 AM, Wylted wrote:

- Indeed.

- That's stupid, not because an act is considered queerish in your country, it must be allover the World.
- In Arab countries, holding hands is a sign of friendship, not of homosexual tendencies.

- Evidently.

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 9:57:15 AM
At 3/14/2015 9:48:30 AM, YassineB wrote:

- Indeed.

- That's stupid, not because an act is considered queerish in your country, it must be allover the World.
- In Arab countries, holding hands is a sign of friendship, not of homosexual tendencies.

- Evidently.

How exactly is a man touching another man not gay. Why would two men want physical contact with each other?

As a matter of fact two men physically interacting with each other it the very definition of a homosexual act. Am I missing something?
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 10:00:24 AM
At 3/14/2015 9:57:15 AM, Wylted wrote:

- Indeed.

- Evidently.

How exactly is a man touching another man not gay. Why would two men want physical contact with each other?

As a matter of fact two men physically interacting with each other it the very definition of a homosexual act. Am I missing something?

- Yes, you're missing the fact that Norms are not the same everywhere, it's absurd to extrapolate yours to others'!!!!

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 10:52:10 AM

There's some merit to it, but we'll probably never know.

Also, the idea of homosexuality has really only recently gained widespread acceptance, and doesn't always translate well when applied to past societies, especially to clandestine relationships. Rome and their attitude towards male-male sex is a good example of that.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 9:07:19 PM

- Indeed.

- Evidently.

The "men shouldn't ever touch" reasoning behind Western homophobes leads to men growing up to be emotionally stunted creatures. You might want to work on that.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 10:03:28 PM
At 3/16/2015 9:07:19 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:

- Indeed.

- Evidently.

The "men shouldn't ever touch" reasoning behind Western homophobes leads to men growing up to be emotionally stunted creatures. You might want to work on that.

Don't you have to have emotions to be emotionally stunted?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 10:57:26 PM
James Buchanan may have been--and it is rumored that I am related to him via his sister.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 7:01:15 PM
At 3/16/2015 10:03:28 PM, Wylted wrote:

- Indeed.

- Evidently.

Don't you have some wives to beat?
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 7:27:08 PM
At 3/17/2015 7:01:15 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:
At 3/16/2015 10:03:28 PM, Wylted wrote:

- Indeed.

- Evidently.

Don't you have some wives to beat?

I have a Fiance and she beats me.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 10:45:27 PM
Huffington Post? There's your problem. It's like reading the National Enquirer. No, he didn't hold hands with a special friend. This is an attempt by lying historians who can't come up with good books, so they write lies that are meant to whip people into a frenzy and buy their books.
Lincoln was actually a tough guy. He didn't look tough, but because he was so odd looking, and because he grew up in a time when fighting was normal, Lincoln was forced to wrestle and fight, a lot. He was also a very hard worker, even though he hated physical labor.
No, my friend, he didn't do what they said he did. Even if he was secretly gay, he would have hidden it well. He would have never walked around hand in hand with some gay guy in the early 1800's. However, he did share beds with men. It was normal back then. Men were trusted back then. Gayness was so rare that you could sleep in bed with another man and not worry about anything.
You should read Walden. The man who wrote it was a famous philosopher. He lived in a one room, one bed cabin. People came and stayed with him all the time. They all shared the bed. It was normal, and there wasn't any hanky panky going on.
I grew up sharing beds with boys and even men in my twenties. I'm not gay, and neither were they. It wasn't a big thing. I was so confident with my hetero-sexuality that I never gave it a second thought. That's the way it was back in the 1800's.
See how screwed up the gay movement has us now. Everyone's paranoid that everyone else is gay. Two guys don't even stay the night anymore, when once it was quite normal for two men to sleep over and talk about women and hunting, and drink it up with some beer. Not now.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 10:45:46 PM
At 10/5/2015 10:45:27 PM, j50wells wrote:
Huffington Post? There's your problem. It's like reading the National Enquirer. No, he didn't hold hands with a special friend. This is an attempt by lying historians who can't come up with good books, so they write lies that are meant to whip people into a frenzy and buy their books.
Lincoln was actually a tough guy. He didn't look tough, but because he was so odd looking, and because he grew up in a time when fighting was normal, Lincoln was forced to wrestle and fight, a lot. He was also a very hard worker, even though he hated physical labor.
No, my friend, he didn't do what they said he did. Even if he was secretly gay, he would have hidden it well. He would have never walked around hand in hand with some gay guy in the early 1800's. However, he did share beds with men. It was normal back then. Men were trusted back then. Gayness was so rare that you could sleep in bed with another man and not worry about anything.
You should read Walden. The man who wrote it was a famous philosopher. He lived in a one room, one bed cabin. People came and stayed with him all the time. They all shared the bed. It was normal, and there wasn't any hanky panky going on.
I grew up sharing beds with boys and even men in my twenties. I'm not gay, and neither were they. It wasn't a big thing. I was so confident with my hetero-sexuality that I never gave it a second thought. That's the way it was back in the 1800's.
See how screwed up the gay movement has us now. Everyone's paranoid that everyone else is gay. Two guys don't even stay the night anymore, when once it was quite normal for two men to sleep over and talk about women and hunting, and drink it up with some beer. Not now.

You must be in denial. By the way, I support your right to get married
HououinKyouma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:53:08 AM

- Indeed.

- Evidently.

Ah, Mr. Yassine.

Correct me if I am wrong by all means, but I remember having a discussion with a Muslim friend who told me that the official islamic view of homosexuality is very much like that of the Catholic Church. In other words, it is not homosexuality itself--that is, as an inclination--which is condemned, but homoerotic actions.
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 4:04:33 AM
Couple thoughts
1) Maybe hard for some to believe in a time of hyper-sexuality, some people are asexual. I believe some great minds became great because they're not burdened by sexual proclivities. I believe Einstein is one such person.

2) Mary Todd is speculated to be bi-polar, from my own experience crazy chicks are crazy and insatiable between the sheets. But then again she suffered from migraines which would definitely be a turn off.

If its true about the size of a man's hands or long legged men, Lincoln was well endowed

Lincoln is a great man... to me it doesn't matter.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers