Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

The Spartans

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:28:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/11/2015 10:12:56 AM, XLAV wrote:
Have you watched the 300 movie?

Yes. In fact the original day I was going to see it in theaters, I was pushed through a window resulting in 150 stitches and 56 staples.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:03:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/11/2015 6:28:44 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/11/2015 10:12:56 AM, XLAV wrote:
Have you watched the 300 movie?

Yes. In fact the original day I was going to see it in theaters, I was pushed through a window resulting in 150 stitches and 56 staples.

How very Spartan.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:34:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/11/2015 7:03:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/11/2015 6:28:44 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/11/2015 10:12:56 AM, XLAV wrote:
Have you watched the 300 movie?

Yes. In fact the original day I was going to see it in theaters, I was pushed through a window resulting in 150 stitches and 56 staples.

How very Spartan.

I felt no pain. Put me back in battle, Maikuru!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
sadolite
Posts: 10,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 8:02:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.






You do understand that hollywood is a horrible history reference.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
SamStevens
Posts: 5,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 8:12:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/11/2015 6:28:44 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/11/2015 10:12:56 AM, XLAV wrote:
Have you watched the 300 movie?

Yes. In fact the original day I was going to see it in theaters, I was pushed through a window resulting in 150 stitches and 56 staples.

How severe were the injuries?
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 9:01:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.






I think the Spartan's civilization is quite interesting to read about, but considering the bigger picture I don't find them as intriguing as other militaristic groups such as France under Napolean and the Mongols under Genghis Khan. I did like the movie 300 as well as the recent sequel. I've seen each numerous times. I think that the Spartan model has become too romanticized over time. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a part of it.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:45:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/11/2015 8:02:53 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.
You do understand that hollywood is a horrible history reference.

How is that relevant to my study or the videos I posted?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
sadolite
Posts: 10,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:09:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2015 9:45:22 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/11/2015 8:02:53 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.
You do understand that hollywood is a horrible history reference.

How is that relevant to my study or the videos I posted?

You posted video from the movie 300. Deduction tells me that you are using this as history reference based on the OP
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:49:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2015 10:09:16 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/13/2015 9:45:22 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/11/2015 8:02:53 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.
You do understand that hollywood is a horrible history reference.

How is that relevant to my study or the videos I posted?

You posted video from the movie 300. Deduction tells me that you are using this as history reference based on the OP

Not one video uses the movie the 300. One of them is a 3-hour long documentary from the History Channel that was produced in response to the movie though; can't blame them for capturing popular interest at the time.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Otokage
Posts: 2,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 6:14:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/13/2015 10:49:44 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:09:16 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/13/2015 9:45:22 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/11/2015 8:02:53 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.
You do understand that hollywood is a horrible history reference.

How is that relevant to my study or the videos I posted?

You posted video from the movie 300. Deduction tells me that you are using this as history reference based on the OP

Not one video uses the movie the 300. One of them is a 3-hour long documentary from the History Channel that was produced in response to the movie though; can't blame them for capturing popular interest at the time.

Don't know exactly why, but I portray Spartans as the ancient North Korea lol Except with a super hot leader.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 4:07:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/16/2015 6:14:25 PM, Otokage wrote:
Don't know exactly why, but I portray Spartans as the ancient North Korea lol Except with a super hot leader.

Kim Dong-swoll
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
CKLim
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2015 1:15:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/11/2015 9:01:39 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/9/2015 7:32:29 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
By far the most interesting civilization I've ever studied.






I think the Spartan's civilization is quite interesting to read about, but considering the bigger picture I don't find them as intriguing as other militaristic groups such as France under Napolean and the Mongols under Genghis Khan. I did like the movie 300 as well as the recent sequel. I've seen each numerous times. I think that the Spartan model has become too romanticized over time. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a part of it.

Nodding in agreement!