Jump to topic:

real reason behind fall of monarchy

ark200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 9:57:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ever wonder who may be behind the fall of monarchy worldwide ? i have a few points to make. my prime suspect is capitalism. this was rising at the time of great revolutions. now capitalists will be the one who will benefit most from fall of monarchy and aristocracy. how?

these capitalists need more man power to run their factory. man power was blocked by monarchy and aristocracy since they employ huge amount of men in their service for lifetime. if monarchy and aristocracy fell, huge amount of labor is available to the capitalists. CHEAP LABOR obviously since demand is less than supply.

another point to make the suspicion even stronger is that in order to conduct a revolution to overthrow a government system, be it monarchy or democracy or anything, huge amount of fund is needed. this could only be supplied by the capitalists. else who has that much money?

all the revolutions such as french revolution or the kind might be done by capitalists for their advantage. the civil war of America in which the south has lost to the north was also done by northern capitalists to free the slaves so that the slaves would be available to work in their factory. i think Lincoln abolished slavery at the will of the northern capitalists. it is much the same way present presidents move by corporate lobbies.

i think the history should investigate the past in this light.
Kaynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:35:27 PM
I actually believe that ideology is the reason behind the fall of monarchy.

In UK the King lost progressively it's power but remained an important public figure. His role wasnt d"termined by capitalism but by philosophers like Locked who believed in the separation of power.

In united states it took Thomas Payne for the colonies to believe that George III was the cause of their problems and not a victim himself of parliament. They then fantasized about a repubulican model that would be inspired by the british system.

In France it was once again the idealists who took marretes into their own hands. The representatives of the Tiers "tat, who would be inspired by people like Montesquieu.

Same thing in Russia, where the bolchevik revolution was met by apathy since they were only a small group of idealists who believed in communism, in the writings of Marx, Engels and others of their kind.

History repeat itself, ironically and indefinitely. Monarchy, republic, autocracy, people could'nt care less. People like Jefferson and Adams take the stand and others reluctantly follow because, well, a chang" ought to be better than their present situation.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:43:28 PM
At 4/7/2015 9:57:33 AM, ark200 wrote:
ever wonder who may be behind the fall of monarchy worldwide ? i have a few points to make. my prime suspect is capitalism. this was rising at the time of great revolutions. now capitalists will be the one who will benefit most from fall of monarchy and aristocracy. how?

these capitalists need more man power to run their factory. man power was blocked by monarchy and aristocracy since they employ huge amount of men in their service for lifetime. if monarchy and aristocracy fell, huge amount of labor is available to the capitalists. CHEAP LABOR obviously since demand is less than supply.

another point to make the suspicion even stronger is that in order to conduct a revolution to overthrow a government system, be it monarchy or democracy or anything, huge amount of fund is needed. this could only be supplied by the capitalists. else who has that much money?

all the revolutions such as french revolution or the kind might be done by capitalists for their advantage. the civil war of America in which the south has lost to the north was also done by northern capitalists to free the slaves so that the slaves would be available to work in their factory. i think Lincoln abolished slavery at the will of the northern capitalists. it is much the same way present presidents move by corporate lobbies.

i think the history should investigate the past in this light.

I'm gonna say Protestantism.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 12:28:29 PM
At 5/2/2015 11:47:48 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/28/2015 8:43:28 PM, Geogeer wrote:
I'm gonna say Protestantism.

Weird answer. Why?

Protestantism is ultimately a rejection of authority. They rejected the concept that one set of people have the sole authority to interpret scripture. Which means that every person has the right to interpret scripture as it suits them.

In turn this led kings to twist the previous understanding of kingship and proclaim that they were chosen by God with no need of any other power to crown them and thus they governed under "Divine Right". http://en.wikipedia.org... This gave kings limitless authority, whereas it had previously been understood that monarchies were somewhat subject to the Church and Papal Authority. This enabled kings to become ruthless in their ambition because they were ordained by God to do what they wanted.

Conversely, if you can interpret the very word of God in your own manner who is a king to dictate anything to you? So the effect of protestantism was a more me and God approach to life versus an us with God approach. Eventually, this led to a fundamental clash of desire of power which toppled the monarchies.

When you change the philosophical basis that people live under, you change the social structure.

That is really simplified, but that is kinda the crux of the idea.