Jump to topic:

Hegel and Historical Analysis

Surrealism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 2:33:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This year I wrote an essay for a test based on Hegelian analysis of history. It was on a whim, but I got an excellent grade.

But is looking at history through the lens of Hegel's ideas a good way to examine it? I can think of a few examples of where I think it works, but I'm interested in your thoughts.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 3:02:25 AM
At 6/30/2015 2:33:27 AM, Surrealism wrote:
This year I wrote an essay for a test based on Hegelian analysis of history. It was on a whim, but I got an excellent grade.

What class did you get your grade in?

But is looking at history through the lens of Hegel's ideas a good way to examine it? I can think of a few examples of where I think it works, but I'm interested in your thoughts.

Although, pointless its nonetheless good to learn English grammar. Hegel is basic fundamentals which is a good starting point for other things.

Can you provide the examples here?
Surrealism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 10:25:34 AM
At 7/10/2015 3:02:25 AM, fazz wrote:

Modern European History.

Although, pointless its nonetheless good to learn English grammar. Hegel is basic fundamentals which is a good starting point for other things.

Monarchy and Nationalism in the 19th century.

Feudalism and Monarchy in the late Middle Ages.

I could think of some more, but these are the first two to come to mind.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 5:27:20 PM
At 7/10/2015 10:25:34 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 7/10/2015 3:02:25 AM, fazz wrote:

Modern European History.

Monarchy and Nationalism in the 19th century.

Feudalism and Monarchy in the late Middle Ages.

I could think of some more, but these are the first two to come to mind.

Thank you