Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Many of those Viking Warriors were Women!

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 4:29:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So...I have always been a huge fan of the Vikings. No--not the NFL team from Minnesota, but the historical Norsemen who were also fearsome warriors; prodigious Warriors and Pillagers, and master and nonpareil craftsmen of magnificent wooden ships.

Thus, it came as something of a shock when a co-worker and fellow history buff--actually, sister History buff--told me that we now know that fully ONE-HALF of those Viking Warriors of Yore were WOMEN!

I did not quite believe this at first, so I was compelled to do some research.

Damn! She was right. At least this is what many historians believe.

Check this link out, and then I would love to hear some comments. thanks!

http://www.tor.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:52:38 PM
At 7/7/2015 7:05:02 PM, Reasonslap wrote:
HOLY SH*T YOU'RE RIGHT! Hey, sexy Scandinavian women for me!

Tell me abut it!

The first thing I thought of, that is, the first picture that crept into my mind's eye when my friend--who is a hot Scandinavian herself--told me about the fact that half the Viking Warriors were women, was that of a fur and leather clad six-foot tall blonde Hottie wielding a broadsword. Wearing, like a leather/fur bikini bottom with bare legs down to here. LOL

I do not know if that is how they dressed, though. Probably too cold up there for that.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:53:45 PM
At 7/7/2015 8:52:38 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Tell me abut it!

The first thing I thought of, that is, the first picture that crept into my mind's eye when my friend--who is a hot Scandinavian herself--told me about the fact that half the Viking Warriors were women, was that of a fur and leather clad six-foot tall blonde Hottie wielding a broadsword. Wearing, like a leather/fur bikini bottom with bare legs down to here. LOL

I do not know if that is how they dressed, though. Probably too cold up there for that.

I was imagining something along these lines...............https://www.google.com...
Reasonslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 6:11:23 AM
At 7/7/2015 8:53:45 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Tell me abut it!

I was imagining something along these lines...............https://www.google.com...

I hope so.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 4:46:29 AM
At 7/7/2015 8:53:45 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Tell me abut it!

I can't be the only one who imagined the huge vikings from How to Train Your Dragon but only female, right...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation