Jump to topic:

How to invade Russia {part 1}

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:28:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Russia has a long history of being invaded. By Germans, by the French, by the Mongols, the Swedes, and by the Germans (again)

You know what all of these countries had in common? The damn scrublords failed, epically. All of them got rekt like the damn noobs that they are, all while the Russians looked on, callously laughing at their failure.

But the first thing in your way of world domination is this glorious nation: http://tinyurl.com...

And dammit you're not taking no for an answer! You don't want Poland, you want Russia! So now the question comes. How do you invade Russia and succeed?

Step 1: Everyone invades Russia, but no one conquers it.
( Unless you are ,wait for it, the Mongols: http://tinyurl.com... )

Russia is easy to invade. Ridiculously easy to invade. Like, freaking Poland invaded Russia during the early 1600s. If Poland can invade Russia, you can to.

In fact, Russian history can be summarized as the Russians surviving invasion, after invasion, after invasion. Like, you can't be held to any credibility in 16-17th century Eastern Europe without having invaded Russia at least once.

Geography of Russia:

That is because, if you want to invade Russia, you'll have to attack from western Europe into the east. This because, unlike Britain's island water, or Germany's dense as fk forests, Russia doesn't have any geographical barriers in it's main land. The area is known as the Moscow plain. Like, it's the Russia equivalent to Saskatchewan. And this area is where 90% of Russian invasions aim towards (http://tinyurl.com...) because it's so freaking easy. This is the one region where Russia has no geographic barriers. Geographic barriers are pretty important, it's what stopped the Romans from invading Germany, what stopped the Persians from conquering Greece and et cetera.

Any other region in Russia's borderlands have some form of geographic barriers. Want to invade Russia from Japan? Nope, you have the sea of Okhotsk. Want to invade Russia from the north of Manchuria or China? Nope, you have the Stanovoy, Sayan and Altai mountains to deal with. Not even forgetting to mention Lake Baikal. Want to invade Russia from the Caucasus? Nope, cause the Cacusus itself is essentially it's own geographic border.

This is why the Russians attacked central Asia ( and all the -stan countries), because that provides them with even more geographic barriers. Russia is essentially compensating for the lack of barriers it has between itself and Eastern Europe, hence why it's so easy to invade. So if you are going to invade Russia, start from East Europe and swiftly move towards the East. Or even better, split your forces and attack one side from Finland, and the other side from Belarus and Ukraine. Making as much advantage over Russia's lack of of geo-barriers from those regions.

In part 2, I'll will discuss What time to invade Russia, what forces to use, and how to go about declaring war. As well as the type of tactics the Russians may go about using.

( Note I am not advocating for war with Russia, Putin please don't kill me)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 4:34:12 PM
At 8/31/2015 3:28:12 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

This is why the Russians attacked central Asia ( and all the -stan countries), because that provides them with even more geographic barriers. Russia is essentially compensating for the lack of barriers it has between itself and Eastern Europe, hence why it's so easy to invade. So if you are going to invade Russia, start from East Europe and swiftly move towards the East. Or even better, split your forces and attack one side from Finland, and the other side from Belarus and Ukraine. Making as much advantage over Russia's lack of of geo-barriers from those regions.
Russia's greatest defense is its geography and numbers. Russia has a vast amount of land for the invaders to march on and vast amount of soldiers to help slow them down until winter comes. Hence, why Russia has always preferred quantity over quality. Really, the reason why no one can conquer Russia is because they underestimate the Russian winder and invaded to hastily while unprepared.

An example of this is Napoleon's invasion on Russia. He defeated the Russian army, but he couldn't defeat the Russian winter. Russia, with its vast land and scorch earth tactics, was able to defeat Napoleon.

In part 2, I'll will discuss What time to invade Russia, what forces to use, and how to go about declaring war. As well as the type of tactics the Russians may go about using.
Ok, what time period? It would be cool if you added different time periods.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 4:39:20 PM
At 8/31/2015 4:34:12 PM, XLAV wrote:

Russia's greatest defense is its geography and numbers. Russia has a vast amount of land for the invaders to march on and vast amount of soldiers to help slow them down until winter comes. Hence, why Russia has always preferred quantity over quality. Really, the reason why no one can conquer Russia is because they underestimate the Russian winder and invaded to hastily while unprepared.

An example of this is Napoleon's invasion on Russia. He defeated the Russian army, but he couldn't defeat the Russian winter. Russia, with its vast land and scorch earth tactics, was able to defeat Napoleon.

I'm gonna get to that in part 2 or 3

Ok, what time period? It would be cool if you added different time periods.

Good idea. I might also go about how previous invasions of Russia failed.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PericIes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 12:40:20 AM
The Mongols did not fail, but to be fair, the Rus at that time were barely a temporary confederacy of most of the local tribes. They were far from the Russia we know and fear today.
Strategos Pericles, Grand Archon of Noobkillion, Fifth Viceroy of the Galactic Empire of the FREEDO Bureaucracy
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 3:21:32 PM
Bro, Poland was powerful in 1600. Russia was pitifully weak as they were not even Russia yet, just the Duchy of Muscovy. Poland and Lithuania were in a personal union giving them dominance over Eastern Europe.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 3:24:48 PM
And also, I'd be willing to wager if Hitler never advocated for the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact in 1939 and the Soviet Union did not intervene in the invasion of Poland, Hitler could have easily taken Moscow. The Wehrmacht would not of had to conquer all of Western Poland, the Baltic States, and Bessarabia before even reaching Russian (sort of... more like Belorussian and Ukrainian) soil. Then again, they would still have to face off with Zhukov so we can never know.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 10:11:34 PM
There are no natural strong holds in Russia. It's to easy for invading armies to get stretched out. Their fronts become stretched. This gives Russia the ability to pounce through the lines and circle back on the invading army, which is exactly what happened at Stalingrad.
In most nations there are good strategic positions to take. An invading army can take a valley or a pass and then throw great quantites of men and equipment into that valley or pass and hold onto it. This gives them time, which is so important to an invading army economy. It takes months to recruit more men and to build more tanks and to bring in more food and bullets. All of these things have to be produced back home in factories, which takes time. The army can hold onto the strategic place and wait for the economy to grow strong again, then they can leap frog to the next strategic point. The home army has a hard time stopping this because they are busy trying to protect their cities and their people. But the invading army doesn't have to worry about this. They can move, and move, and move.
In Russia there aren't good valleys or mountain ranges to build a strong hold on. Instead, the invading army is stuck out in the open prarie. The front of the lines have to be spread out for miles and miles, leaving gaps in the line. The Russian army can build a large army within eye sight of the factories that supply them. Then, when they have 200,000 men, they can bulldoze through the front lines of the invaders. Once through the lines they can cut off the supply lines of the invading army and then surround that army. This is why no one really wants to invade Russia. And then we have the brutal winters of Russia that kill more men than bullets can.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 5:28:12 PM
Russia has a long history of being invaded. By Germans, by the French, by the Mongols, the Swedes, and by the Germans (again)

You know what all of these countries had in common? The damn scrublords failed, epically. All of them got rekt like the damn noobs that they are, all while the Russians looked on, callously laughing at their failure.

But the first thing in your way of world domination is this glorious nation: http://tinyurl.com...

And dammit you're not taking no for an answer! You don't want Poland, you want Russia! So now the question comes. How do you invade Russia and succeed?

Russia is easy to invade. Ridiculously easy to invade. Like, freaking Poland invaded Russia during the early 1600s. If Poland can invade Russia, you can to.

In fact, Russian history can be summarized as the Russians surviving invasion, after invasion, after invasion. Like, you can't be held to any credibility in 16-17th century Eastern Europe without having invaded Russia at least once.

Geography of Russia:

That is because, if you want to invade Russia, you'll have to attack from western Europe into the east. This because, unlike Britain's island water, or Germany's dense as fk forests, Russia doesn't have any geographical barriers in it's main land. The area is known as the Moscow plain. Like, it's the Russia equivalent to Saskatchewan. And this area is where 90% of Russian invasions aim towards (http://tinyurl.com...) because it's so freaking easy. This is the one region where Russia has no geographic barriers. Geographic barriers are pretty important, it's what stopped the Romans from invading Germany, what stopped the Persians from conquering Greece and et cetera.

Any other region in Russia's borderlands have some form of geographic barriers. Want to invade Russia from Japan? Nope, you have the sea of Okhotsk. Want to invade Russia from the north of Manchuria or China? Nope, you have the Stanovoy, Sayan and Altai mountains to deal with. Not even forgetting to mention Lake Baikal. Want to invade Russia from the Caucasus? Nope, cause the Cacusus itself is essentially it's own geographic border.

You based this off the Crash Course videos, didn't you?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
GreatPatrioticWar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 6:48:49 PM
The Mongols invaded a Russia that was broken into many states fighting each other. As a result they easily won. After over 200 years of Mongol rule the Russian states united behind Dmitry Ivanovich Donskoy and defeated the Mongols at the battle of Kulikovo marking the beginning of the end of Mongol rule over Russia.

If you look at the Polish, French, German, Ottoman, and Swedish invasions of Russia you will find that there was one thing in common with all of them. Russia was united and strong and therefore defeated the invaders.

In short, the trick is to invade Russia when the country is at its weakest.
GreatPatrioticWar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:18:50 AM
At 10/13/2015 10:38:54 PM, Mirza wrote:
Step one: put me in the position of Commander in Chief. Rest isn't as important. :)

You believe you are a better general than Napoleon?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:24:21 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:18:50 AM, GreatPatrioticWar wrote:
I think I would be. I excel at strategy. :)
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:44:05 PM
Step one: put me in the position of Commander in Chief. Rest isn't as important. :)

Glorious idea, we'll have Moscow in no time!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:59:37 PM
At 10/14/2015 12:44:05 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Glorious idea, we'll have Moscow in no time!
That's right. :)
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:34:09 PM

I'm partly Mongoloid, am I eligible to conquer Russia?
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:45:52 PM
At 10/15/2015 11:34:09 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I'm partly Mongoloid, am I eligible to conquer Russia?

Sure, you're also eligible to conquer China, Persia and two failed invasions of Japan
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:20:51 PM

Geography of Russia:

Anytume you invade russia, it's impossible to blitzkrieg it, so you can't just go invade it in the summer, Oil freezes so you can't use tanks, and russia uses one stragety: Burn everything and Throw waves of men at you.
JernHenrik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:27:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 10/14/2015 12:24:21 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 10/14/2015 12:18:50 AM, GreatPatrioticWar wrote:
I think I would be. I excel at strategy. :)

*Key is reaching, conquering and holding Moscow

Can you do that, then you are in for a chance
Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 10:50:03 PM

Geography of Russia:

Or you could invade from Europe and south Asia anf crush them

Like what Hitler and general Hirohito should have done
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 10:53:04 PM
At 2/14/2016 10:50:03 PM, Reformist wrote:

Geography of Russia:

Or you could invade from Europe and south Asia anf crush them

Like what Hitler and general Hirohito should have done

The northern European plain is a much more effective route. There are no geographic barriers and it leads straight into the Russian heartland. Attacking from any other route will see much stronger geographic barriers like the Tianshan Mountains or the Fergana region, not only that but this regions are all a significant distance away from Moscow.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:53:20 AM
Why has nobody suggested that we start at Alaska and work our way westward into Russia?

The DDO Blog:

StarCraft
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 4:05:08 AM
Maybe go through the north pole. Gotta create a part 2 and a thread for how to stop Russia from invading you...
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:18:31 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:53:20 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Why has nobody suggested that we start at Alaska and work our way westward into Russia?

Are you sure those eskimos are good fighters?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:23:37 AM
At 2/17/2016 2:18:31 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

...?
Why couldn't we just station hundreds of thousands of NATO troops in Alaska and then begin the invasion?

The DDO Blog:

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:41:03 AM
At 2/17/2016 2:23:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 2/17/2016 2:18:31 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

...?
Why couldn't we just station hundreds of thousands of NATO troops in Alaska and then begin the invasion?

Geographical borders, damn commie soviets and their geography.
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:29:36 PM

Japanese kind of did that in WW2.. It's the wrong side of Russia to invade..