Jump to topic:

If the Axis powers won world war 2

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 9:31:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In a hypothetical scenario say the Axis powers emerged victorious in world war 2, what do you think the world would look like today?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:45:14 AM
At 9/25/2015 9:31:53 PM, beng100 wrote:
In a hypothetical scenario say the Axis powers emerged victorious in world war 2, what do you think the world would look like today?

The most likely scenario would be that fascism would be the main form of government throughout Europe. If Hitler did win, he would have to have conquered Britain, which means that most of the British Empire would have been taken over by the Germans. Germany would have control over the largest empire in human history, spreading fascism, authoritarian style rule, and German culture across the planet

In addition to Britain, the USSR would also have to be beaten, meaning that it is unlikely Communism would become as global as it did in our timeline and Russia would never develop into a superpower. This means that the Cold War that we know of would never have happened.

Given that Italy and Germany were allies more in name than in practice, Germany would probably betray their ally following the end of the war. Give the superiority of the German military, we can assume that Italy was conquered and Mussolini killed anyway.

The Japanese would still control much of Oceania and large portions of the asian mainland. China, Korea, Vietnam, and all those other south asian nations would be Japanese provinces and the various conflicts (especially regarding communism) would not happen. Meaning no Korean war, no Vietnam war, no Red China, etc. Their may be continued resistance for decades afterwards, especially in China. Japan would probably continue to expand further, maybe even threatening Australia and India someday.

The US would still exist as a country. And given that even a defeat in both Europe and the Pacific would still lead to a largely intact US mainland, America would still become a a superpower ,albeit a weaker one than the German superpower. The following decades would see a cold war style show down between Fascist German, Imperial Japan, and Democratic US. German and Japan may tolerate each other, what with them being so far from one another, but even they will start show angst toward each other. The US would be caught in the middle and, with enough pressure from Germany and Japan, may eventually fall similar to how the USSR fell. This is decades down the road however, and even then the continent itself may not come under direct German/Japanese control.

Refugees from Europe and Asia would start poring into the Americas in droves (especially Jews, blacks, and other minorities). Hitler would eventually succeed in his genocide and Europe, Northern Africa, and parts of the Middle East would be free of his "undesirable" races. He would also be able to twist history to make it a good thing.

The UN, NATO, Warsaw pact, IMF, and any other global organization you can think of would also not exist, along with any achievements they may have made.

Beyond that it is tough to say. The entire late 20th and early 21st century would change if the Axis won the war.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:31:33 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:51:50 PM
At 9/26/2015 1:50:27 AM, XLAV wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Nope, Hitler was the one who came up with the ideal of Israel. He wanted to put it in Africa to begin with, but the only thing worse than a Jew is blacks, so they decided that was unacceptable so they faked the holocaust and put it in the Middle East. Sure muslims are insane and hard to live with, but at least they aren't black.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 12:21:56 AM
Just think about what the Axis "winning" WWII would actually mean. Germany taking all of European Russia, Annexing or establishing a pro-Nazi government in Britain, while probably taking all of their colonies. Japan taking all of the Allied bases in the Pacific, Establishing a Pan-Asian Empire with collaborating regimes in China, Indochina, Burma, India, and Malaysia. All the while the US would probably be forced into a humiliating treaty much like Versailles. The odds of the Axis winning were already low, but the odds of them maintaining this global empire even lower. First off, the plausibility of the scenario is shaky since the US had the bomb by 1944-1945 and would have used it on Germany as well as Japan, but that is irrelevant if we are talking hypotheticals. Hitler would continue with mass exterminations, possibly eradicating all European Jews while embarking on a horrific genocide on "inferior" Slavic Russians. The Germans would also have to maintain control over their vast empire, and as the Japanese showed in China, this is not an easy task. Japan would be even more overextended, attempting to maintain domineering control over all of Asia when they couldn't even control all of Western China during the war. In short, I think that the German annexation of the Soviet land west of the A-A line was doomed to fail given the vastness of the region, and the variety of cultures that were all considered sub-human by the Nazi Regime. Much like the resistance against German occupation in France, Netherlands, and Belgium took place, resistance would embroil Russia, Belorussia, Ukraine, and Poland on an enormous scale. Whereas Japan was in no state ready to take on such a dominant presence in the Asian theatre given the huge cultural differences and populations in the regions that they had "liberated" from Western influences.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 11:42:20 PM

Nazi Germany would either moderate or quickly become unstable and disintegrate within a few generations. Italy would have fared much better in the long run, so long as they survived the Nazis turning on them (a tall order, as the Nazi war machine would be a formidable opponent at that point). Imperial Japan would probably have functioned well, eventually establishing a Pan-Asian Empire. The USSR and American were the only foils to their power, so with both of those humiliated they would have done what all expansive empires do: settle down over time, or split up. I've always thought about how different the outcome would have been if Japan had maintained neutrality and built up power in Asia while the US and Russia had their backs turned, only to leverage their newfound power during the Cold War. They definitely overplayed their hand terribly in WWII.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 8:43:59 AM
At 9/26/2015 12:51:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Nope, Hitler was the one who came up with the ideal of Israel. He wanted to put it in Africa to begin with, but the only thing worse than a Jew is blacks, so they decided that was unacceptable so they faked the holocaust and put it in the Middle East. Sure muslims are insane and hard to live with, but at least they aren't black.

Are you denying the holocaust?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 8:57:02 AM
At 10/4/2015 8:43:59 AM, beng100 wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 2:20:52 PM
At 10/4/2015 8:57:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Are you being serious or just trolling?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 9:50:03 PM
At 10/4/2015 2:20:52 PM, beng100 wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 10:10:44 PM
At 10/4/2015 9:50:03 PM, Wylted wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic or joking but I guess not. So you are racist and anti Semitic? How do you explain all of the accounts of people who endured the holocaust, The disappearances, The Video footage? I have never had a discussion with a holocaust denier. It's of interest of me to how anybody can come to this point of view. The claims about Germany creating Israel are obviously wrong. It was controlled by the UK in the time of the second world war and was only created following Germany's defeat.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 12:13:59 AM
At 10/4/2015 10:10:44 PM, beng100 wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic or joking but I guess not. So you are racist and anti Semitic?

It isn't racist to say an event didn't happen, and I just happen to be Jewish.

How do you explain all of the accounts of people who endured the holocaust, The disappearances, The Video footage?

I'll make a deal with you. If you show me footage of the holocaust, I'll believe it, but if you can't find any footage of these mass killings, you admit that the holocaust is fake.

I have never had a discussion with a holocaust denier. It's of interest of me to how anybody can come to this point of view.

The claims about Germany creating Israel are obviously wrong. It was controlled by the UK in the time of the second world war and was only created following Germany's defeat.

I told you that Hitler came up with the ideal of Jews having their own country, not that he implemented it. He actually suggested a place in Africa. As a Jew I can assure you we faked the holocaust, so we could have an excuse to steal land from the palestians, call it Israel and get away with it.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:17:18 PM
At 10/5/2015 12:13:59 AM, Wylted wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic or joking but I guess not. So you are racist and anti Semitic?

How do you explain all of the accounts of people who endured the holocaust, The disappearances, The Video footage?

I'll make a deal with you. If you show me footage of the holocaust, I'll believe it, but if you can't find any footage of these mass killings, you admit that the holocaust is fake.

I have never had a discussion with a holocaust denier. It's of interest of me to how anybody can come to this point of view.

The claims about Germany creating Israel are obviously wrong. It was controlled by the UK in the time of the second world war and was only created following Germany's defeat.

I told you that Hitler came up with the ideal of Jews having their own country, not that he implemented it. He actually suggested a place in Africa. As a Jew I can assure you we faked the holocaust, so we could have an excuse to steal land from the palestians, call it Israel and get away with it.

Your views astonish me! I'm not entirely sure your being serious with this but if you are just have a look at a few videos on Google! Okay yes Hitler might have mentioned that but he had many crazy ideas. This was a man who wanted to exterminate whole races of people, defeat all of the worlds superpowers while fighting them simultaneously and believed in racism. If given the chance Hitler would have executed 90% of the worlds population due to his racism.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:18:51 PM
Your views astonish me! I'm not entirely sure your being serious with this but if you are just have a look at a few videos on Google! Okay yes Hitler might have mentioned that but he had many crazy ideas. This was a man who wanted to exterminate whole races of people, defeat all of the worlds superpowers while fighting them simultaneously and believed in racism. If given the chance Hitler would have executed 90% of the worlds population due to his racism.

As I said there is no videos of the holocaust. I've tried googling it, and why would hitler wipe out 90% of the population, that's absurd
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:37:23 PM
At 10/7/2015 9:18:51 PM, Wylted wrote:

As I said there is no videos of the holocaust. I've tried googling it, and why would hitler wipe out 90% of the population, that's absurd

Their are countless videos! He was racist. His idea was a German master race controlling the entire world. He would have either worked to death or executed non Europeans if given the chance. He killed millions of people. How do you ecplain first hand accounts of holocaust survivors? How do you explain the presence of gas chambers? Mass burial sites? People who disappeared, especially jews? Its even more surprising to me you claim to be jewish! Do you support Nazism?
Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:50:40 PM
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?

"As a Jew I can assure you we faked the holocaust, so we could have an excuse to steal land from the palestians, call it Israel and get away with it"

As fellow Jew, I'm calling you out on this. You are making up hideous claims. Interestingly, you say you are a Jew here, but on your profile, you are atheist. My guess is you haven't had any connection to anything Jewish in years, so YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL JEWS. Please, I hate these denying claims, but even worse is when they pretend to represents Jews.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:52:30 PM
At 10/7/2015 9:50:40 PM, Rami wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?

"As a Jew I can assure you we faked the holocaust, so we could have an excuse to steal land from the palestians, call it Israel and get away with it"

As fellow Jew, I'm calling you out on this. You are making up hideous claims. Interestingly, you say you are a Jew here, but on your profile, you are atheist. My guess is you haven't had any connection to anything Jewish in years, so YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL JEWS. Please, I hate these denying claims, but even worse is when they pretend to represents Jews.

I have more Jewishness in my penis than you do in your entire body
Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:54:25 PM
At 10/7/2015 9:52:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2015 9:50:40 PM, Rami wrote:
Extinction of Jews

Yes I am.

Why do you ask?

I have more Jewishness in my penis than you do in your entire body

You're talking to someone who was circumcised. BOOM!
Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:33:27 PM
At 10/7/2015 10:31:17 PM, Wylted wrote:

I'll believe it, when I see it.

Do you want to see? I live on the east coast of America. Where are you? How would you see?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:35:01 PM
At 10/7/2015 10:33:27 PM, Rami wrote:

Do you want to see? I live on the east coast of America. Where are you? How would you see?

Are you Over 18, and I'm on the east coast as well
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:35:35 PM

No your profile says thirteen. Fvck off Chris Hanson
Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:36:04 PM
At 10/7/2015 10:35:01 PM, Wylted wrote:

No, I'm 13. I'm in New Jersey. You?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:53:06 AM
At 10/7/2015 10:36:04 PM, Rami wrote:
At 10/7/2015 10:35:01 PM, Wylted wrote:

No, I'm 13. I'm in New Jersey. You?

Like I said. Fvck off Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 1:22:10 AM
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 4:25:16 PM
At 10/13/2015 10:37:17 PM, GreatPatrioticWar wrote:
Maybe there would have been a conflict between Germany and Japan.

Yes ultimately that would have been likely. The alliance was similar to the USA and the ussr a alliance of convenience against a common enemy. Given the barbaric nature of both Nazi Germany and imperial Japan a likely world war 3 would probably have occured as relations thawed. Probably involving nuclear weapons. Whether this war would leave one country in total control or both simply destroy each other and allow for an uprising in conquered territory would be interesting. Alternatively a cold war could have occured as both nations realized the danger posed by further conflict with effort instead placed on controlling existing territory and its hostile inhabitants. Possibly they could have made a pact to divide up the world 50/50.
shawn4547
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:37:16 PM

The world would look like what it will end up looking like anyway. America made all the top Nazi scientists work for them once the war was over.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 5:20:17 PM
At 10/17/2015 5:37:16 PM, shawn4547 wrote:

The world would look like what it will end up looking like anyway. America made all the top Nazi scientists work for them once the war was over.

The question was about today not the future.