Jump to topic:

The Great History Adventure

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:23:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I like history. I like writing. Therefore, I like historical writing.

(I only like writing in terms of debates though, if it's related to analyzing some symbolism in a book in English class, then no).

I will be beginning a very long span of threads in the history forum, ranging from Ancient times to Modern History (20th century). This will span over a couple of weeks, since I'll most likely be doing a couple each day (at least 1).

You may read them, and enjoy some brief and broad contextual knowledge. It's fun stuff.

Also, Uther, that crown's going to be mine soon boy. Keep it shiny for me :)
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:29:04 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:23:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I'm sure we can resolve this with another history debate.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:30:20 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:28:36 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Will be focusing on a specific region or country? Or just on civilization in general?

What I find to be important from every region in the world, ranging from the Ancient Era to modern day. My first one will be on the Near East, and I'm in the process of writing that right now.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:31:11 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:29:04 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/5/2016 12:23:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I'm sure we can resolve this with another history debate.

I'm sure we could, but that has to wait. I have too much work and finals are coming up.

Also, I meant the history forums, not debating. I am going to be active in this forum, but I probably will not start any new debates after I finish my current one, since I won't have time for it.

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:31:56 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:30:20 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Will be focusing on a specific region or country? Or just on civilization in general?

What I find to be important from every region in the world, ranging from the Ancient Era to modern day. My first one will be on the Near East, and I'm in the process of writing that right now.

You could contact Tejretics if you want the thread to get stickied.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:42:33 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:31:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

What do you mean? Is that like when a thread gets put at the top and it gets a special border for when you click on it? Like it is for bench's ddo history thread?

If so, I will most likely do that then.

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:43:53 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:42:33 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

What do you mean? Is that like when a thread gets put at the top and it gets a special border for when you click on it? Like it is for bench's ddo history thread?

Yes, that's a stickied thread. The average thread gets stickied for roughly two weeks.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 12:54:02 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:43:53 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Yes, that's a stickied thread. The average thread gets stickied for roughly two weeks.

And is tejretics the only person that can do that?

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 1:07:44 AM
At 1/5/2016 12:54:02 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/5/2016 12:43:53 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

And is tejretics the only person that can do that?

Airmax is able to do that as well I think. But Tej is usually in charge of sticking threads. So ask Tej first.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW