Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

World History

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 3:31:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I made a thread like this, but for the purpose of keeping this official, I've made another one.

I will be writing numerous short historical "works", which will go in order by date and relevance.

Topics will range from -

The Ancient Era (3000-700 BC)
The Classical Era (700 BC - 600 AD)
The Medieval Era (600-1450 AD)
The Renaissance/Colonial Era (1450-1750 AD)
The Era of Empires (1750-1914 AD)
The Modern Era (1914- Present)

(I know that this isn't cut out in historical era, as in the Renaissance and the Dark Ages, but this is in terms of years and what I refer to them as).

I'm not going to go too much into detail, but I will be writing somewhat short (and sometimes lengthy) summaries of quite literally every important civilization, event, idea, discovery, and individual ranging from the Ancient Era to the Modern Era.

This should be a couple hundred forum posts, to say the least.

Please do not comment on this, as this is an official post. Write it in the "Great History Adventure" forum post.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.