Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Most Impact w/ History Events

BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?
Reformist
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 4:35:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

If the Nazis didn't do stupid racist things they would've been great

But to your question I think the USA defeating the USSR in the cold war had a bigger impact than the Nazis
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:24:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The U.S. barely did anything against the Nazis. When Hitler invaded Russia and lost so many men, as well as much of his armored units being destroyed in the futile invasion of Egypt, that's when the war turned around. The United States just helped with taking France back during D-Day, but the Red Army was the one who truly destroyed the Germans.

I would say that the most impactful historical event was the Enlightenment, and I think the reason for it is quite self-explanatory.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
SNP1
Posts: 2,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:39:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world?

The creation of the Catholic Church.
It lead to the spread of Christianity, one of the most widespread and impactful religions in the last 2000ish years.
It lead to the creation of Islam (which, no one can doubt, has lead to some major issues as of late). It lead to the crusades. It lead to differing ideas. In fact, as your major event included Nazis, it actually helped lead to that (Hitler said on many occasions that he was doing what he did for God).
I doubt our world would even look close to what it does if not for this event.

I might not be a Christian, but even I can see it has been a very impactful religion.

I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:47:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 5:39:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world?

The creation of the Catholic Church.
It lead to the spread of Christianity, one of the most widespread and impactful religions in the last 2000ish years.
It lead to the creation of Islam (which, no one can doubt, has lead to some major issues as of late). It lead to the crusades. It lead to differing ideas. In fact, as your major event included Nazis, it actually helped lead to that (Hitler said on many occasions that he was doing what he did for God).
I doubt our world would even look close to what it does if not for this event.

I might not be a Christian, but even I can see it has been a very impactful religion.

I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

Ah yes
XLAV
Posts: 14,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:55:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

That's literally what I said a couple posts back. +1
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Reformist
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:17:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

No, he was not.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Reformist
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:18:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
He killed people for not submitting to him.........
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:39:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

+1
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:40:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

It was actually Leif Erikson.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
mc9
Posts: 1,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:51:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

I would say that the most impactful historical event was the Enlightenment, and I think the reason for it is quite self-explanatory.

https://www.khanacademy.org...
Stan is better than bad guy if you disagree with me you're wrong
mc9
Posts: 1,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:52:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:51:32 AM, mc9 wrote:

I would say that the most impactful historical event was the Enlightenment, and I think the reason for it is quite self-explanatory.

https://www.khanacademy.org...

Sorry if this video has anything innapropriate
Stan is better than bad guy if you disagree with me you're wrong
Reformist
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:01:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:40:12 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

It was actually Leif Erikson.

Facts are a bitch aint they?

http://campuspages.cvcc.vccs.edu...
http://americanindiansource.com...
http://www.trinidadandtobagonews.com...
http://thedailybanter.com...

And lots of of facts are lots of bitches XD
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:04:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 2:01:42 AM, Reformist wrote:
Facts are a bitch aint they?

That they be.

http://campuspages.cvcc.vccs.edu...
http://americanindiansource.com...
http://www.trinidadandtobagonews.com...
http://thedailybanter.com...

And lots of of facts are lots of bitches XD

Lol, yeah. I don't think we should celebrate Columbus Day. Many people are ignorant of his crimes.

But Leif Erikson was still the first to discover the New World.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Reformist
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 2:07:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh wait!

I thought bball said that he didn't do those crimes

Oh lol yeah Leif Erikson found the New World
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 3:23:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 1:17:33 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

No, he was not.

I'm pretty sure Columbus killed a lot of Natives.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 3:25:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 3:23:23 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:17:33 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

No, he was not.

I'm pretty sure Columbus killed a lot of Natives.

http://www.foxnews.com...
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 3:28:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 3:25:35 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/6/2016 3:23:23 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:17:33 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

No, he was not.

I'm pretty sure Columbus killed a lot of Natives.

http://www.foxnews.com...

One, this is Fox News.
Two, No citation is on this article. I don't know if he is telling the truth.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 3:37:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 3:28:53 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/6/2016 3:25:35 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/6/2016 3:23:23 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:17:33 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/6/2016 1:15:38 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:40:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/5/2016 7:00:29 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 2/5/2016 5:52:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

The Allies defeated the Nazis. Not the fvcking US. Also the Russians did most of the carrying.

God damn US educational system.

Next Lesson: Columbus was the first man to come to America.

I remember how they teach the kids that Columbus was a slave master and that he was a bad person that killed Natives. The idiocy in these people.

He.....was.......

No, he was not.

I'm pretty sure Columbus killed a lot of Natives.

http://www.foxnews.com...

One, this is Fox News.
Two, No citation is on this article. I don't know if he is telling the truth.

Columbus himself killed no natives. He only observed the truth, when he said "they would make great slaves".
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 4:01:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Punic wars no doubt. Western language, culture and religion would likely have been *radically* different had Carthage won.
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 4:28:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2016 4:01:54 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The Punic wars no doubt. Western language, culture and religion would likely have been *radically* different had Carthage won.

Oh yeah, definitely. Maybe the East could have pushed them out, but if they had beaten Rome, no one else could meet their strength.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 5:41:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2016 2:24:32 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So which specific history event or series of events do you think left in impact in the world? I would say the the U.S defeating the Nazis was a huge impact, because if it weren't for them, they could have taken over more countries, and might have eventually become good enough to rival the U.S. What do you think?

- The birth of Prophet Muhammad.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...