Deism to America's founding fathers

TheStatelyGoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:16:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I'm just contemplating here-

Many of America's founding fathers were "Deists", which is simply the belief that all creation was planned out and known before it was ever created.

Do you agree with this basic premise?

What about this topic? Does anyone believe that America is apart of a larger design?

Do you believe that history, like our human DNA, actually has an continuous line of purposes and events throughout time that are painting a much larger picture which was known from the beginning?

How could this not be the case, if one generation leads to another and builds upon it's own original ideals?

Every generation "shadows" the previous generations, from fathers to sons and so forth. And yet, times and epochs remain circumstantial (under the circumstances).

Any thoughts here?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:31:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 9:16:59 PM, TheStatelyGoose wrote:
I'm just contemplating here-

Many of America's founding fathers were "Deists", which is simply the belief that all creation was planned out and known before it was ever created.

The record would actually show that the majority were adherents to denominations of the Christian Faith, even though they practiced Diesm in some form or fashion: http://www.britannica.com...

Do you agree with this basic premise?

In a sense. The majority was still Christian.

What about this topic? Does anyone believe that America is apart of a larger design?

I believe, as a Christian, that America is intended to bring about the Biblical philosophies outlined in the End of Days (such as the recognition of Israel as a nation in one day).

Do you believe that history, like our human DNA, actually has an continuous line of purposes and events throughout time that are painting a much larger picture which was known from the beginning?

I believe that there was a beginning, and that event sin history lead to others. It is basic Cause-and-Effect.

How could this not be the case, if one generation leads to another and builds upon it's own original ideals?

This does happen; it leads to change in laws and such.

Every generation "shadows" the previous generations, from fathers to sons and so forth. And yet, times and epochs remain circumstantial (under the circumstances).

Any thoughts here?

Provided above.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.