Jump to topic:

U.S vs China vs Russia all-out war

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:09:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
If all of these countries were in a war with each other, would win?

I say U.S because we have ICBM's to cancel Russia's nuclear power out, and both the U.S and Russia have more than enough nuclear power to destroy China.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:27:20 AM
At 2/20/2016 4:09:18 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:

I say U.S because we have ICBM's to cancel Russia's nuclear power out, and both the U.S and Russia have more than enough nuclear power to destroy China.

This isn't really a history topic.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:36:10 AM
At 2/20/2016 4:27:20 AM, mc9 wrote:

This isn't really a history topic.

It really isn't political either. What else could it be?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:47:33 AM

All involved countries have strong nuclear programs, and all nations have multiple-warhead ICBMs. All 3 have the ability to use nuclear and non-nuclear EMPs. All nations have well-established cybersecurity/warfare systems, etc.

http://www.debate.org...

Now, one cannot just base it off of numbers. You have to factor in territorial, economic, and state-of-readiness circumstances as well as existing tactical dispositions. Also, commanders are intelligent; they can act unpredictably, and this would have a significant outcome on battles. There are other factors, but I don't want to go into detail with it being tired because it's almost midnight and all.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 7:25:44 AM

First of all, Russia has more nukes than the US. Secondly, I think that if there were another world war nukes would not be involved. We have to presume that, at that time, that the leaders of the involved countries are rational human beings and understand that nukes acted as deterrence and only deterrence. Using nukes would result in Mutually Assured Destruction and the leaders of the countries should realize that.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:49:43 PM

This doesn't belong here. But to answer your question...we'll all find out in 10 years or so, provided we survive.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:09:11 PM
The US would die off that's for sure.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:57:35 PM
In the past I've given predictions like "it'll start in a week!" That's bull, and we are not there yet.
But we are definitely closer than we've been in a long time, and it seems like every month we're getting a little bit closer.
So for now I'm predicting that it'll start in late 2017 or sometime in 2018. Far away enough for more developments to occur that'll push us towards conflict. In the time from now until late 2017/2018:

-Tsai Ing-Wen will take office and screw PRC-ROC relations
-The Permanent Court of Arbitration will make a decision on the legality of China's South China Sea island reclamation activities and land claims. Expect for China to double down and watch relations between China and the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the likes to deteriorate. These nations will be pushed towards greater cooperation with the U.S. against China, worsening relations between the two superpowers.
-PRC-South Korea relations will deteriorate over THAAD deployment. Again, animosity between the US and China will grow.
-Russia will do something new in Eastern Europe that will worsen relations.
-The NATO missile shield will continue to be constructed, antagonizing Russia further.
-Oil prices will make Russia's behavior more erratic.
-Miscellaneous Middle Eastern activities will worsen NATO-Russia relations.

If Trump becomes president then expect a delay in WWIII.

The DDO Blog:

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:13:20 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:57:35 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
In the past I've given predictions like "it'll start in a week!" That's bull, and we are not there yet.
But we are definitely closer than we've been in a long time, and it seems like every month we're getting a little bit closer.
So for now I'm predicting that it'll start in late 2017 or sometime in 2018. Far away enough for more developments to occur that'll push us towards conflict. In the time from now until late 2017/2018:

-The Permanent Court of Arbitration will make a decision on the legality of China's South China Sea island reclamation activities and land claims. Expect for China to double down and watch relations between China and the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the likes to deteriorate. These nations will be pushed towards greater cooperation with the U.S. against China, worsening relations between the two superpowers.
-PRC-South Korea relations will deteriorate over THAAD deployment. Again, animosity between the US and China will grow.
-The NATO missile shield will continue to be constructed, antagonizing Russia further.

A very gloomy worst case scenario! I agree its possible it could happen but i think the thteat of nuclear weapons and the mutually assured destruction their existence ensures all three superpowers will show a degree of restraint. No one would benefit from nuclear war. The leaders all know this. More likely a series of minor skirmishes, threats and brinkmanship will occur similar to events of the cold war.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:33:23 AM

I will remember to necropost this.
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:09:52 AM
Nukes destroy all parties. No one wins!

But, I would imagine Russia and China reaching a comprise or ganging up on America.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:34:33 PM
At 2/22/2016 1:33:23 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I will remember to necropost this.

Of course, I could very easily be wrong about how long it takes. These kinds of things have been developing slowly (for instance, the situation Ukraine has more or less been at a standstill for the past nearly 2 years). The tensions that ultimately led up to WW1 built up over the course of many decades, and it could quite possibly take longer than 2 years for something to finally happen.
The main idea, however, is that relations between the US/NATO and Russia and China have been on a downward spiral, with very little being done to remedy the worsening relations.
Here's what I can say with confidence: that by the end of this year tensions will be higher than they are now. And you can quote me on this if you like.

The DDO Blog:

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:04:29 PM

I think the USA would probably win the war as it would get support from its many European allies as well. However the world would probably be destroyed by world war 3.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:52:11 PM

This reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:13:44 AM
At 2/25/2016 1:35:14 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Barring nukes the US takes this based off its Navy.

Or China with it's troop numbers. Or Russia with it's tanks, SPGs, artillery, and merchant marine vessels.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:15:34 AM
At 2/25/2016 2:04:29 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I think the USA would probably win the war as it would get support from its many European allies as well. However the world would probably be destroyed by world war 3.

Taking into account cyberwarfare capabilities, the U.S would, to put it bluntly, git rekt on the front end of the war.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:18:08 AM
At 2/21/2016 7:25:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

First of all, Russia has more nukes than the US. Secondly, I think that if there were another world war nukes would not be involved. We have to presume that, at that time, that the leaders of the involved countries are rational human beings and understand that nukes acted as deterrence and only deterrence. Using nukes would result in Mutually Assured Destruction and the leaders of the countries should realize that.

If we exclude the use of nuclear devices, biological/radiological agents, or any other WMD, I think it fair to say the U.S would face internal destruction due to the cyberattacks from China's and Russia's superior cyberwarfare departments.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:26:44 AM

Of course, China's navy is larger than the U.S's now: http://www.globalfirepower.com...

China also has the U.S beat in merchant marines, MLRS, artillery, tanks, and SPGs.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:28:01 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:29:42 AM, StarCraft wrote:
Russia has nuclear submarines capable of reaching US shores completely undetected.

And China has the means to destroy any navy that comes within 1000 miles of it's coast with it's short-rang anti-ship ICBM coastal-defense program.
Suh dude

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:44:25 AM

None, all 3 countries would devour each other until they descend into chaos and crash all of their economies.

The USA and China are quite economically reliant on each other and diplomatic relations are going up. A war between USA and China would devastate our economy and China's economy for one. Add Russia into the mix and you only make things worse. A war between these 3 nations could be one of the worst scenarios the world could face in present time.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:43:52 AM
At 2/26/2016 2:44:25 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

None, all 3 countries would devour each other until they descend into chaos and crash all of their economies.

China and America? You bet. We rely on each other too much. Russia would begin to feel economic pressure later, as Russia imports from both countries, and decreased trade + national stocks declining + selling gold reserves + consequential recession/depression = bad for third-party traders. The entire globe would enter recession, and most likely a depression, as Europe heavily relies on the American economy, Asia relies on China's economy, and Russia relies on everyone.

The USA and China are quite economically reliant on each other and diplomatic relations are going up. A war between USA and China would devastate our economy and China's economy for one. Add Russia into the mix and you only make things worse. A war between these 3 nations could be one of the worst scenarios the world could face in present time.

Lol, diplomatic relations are actually becoming sour. Have you heard about what is going on in the South China Sea?

Yes, a war between the 3 nations would cause for a dramatic shift in global power. All 3 nations would end up severely incapacitated. It would lead to the emergence of new global powers to replace the newly-lost 3 nations.
Suh dude

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:07:42 AM
I suppose in this potential war the strategy of each nation has to be considered. Would two countries gang up on one first and fight it out amongst themselves after? Another consideration is the land border between China and Russia. It's possible a large ground battle could take place here weakening both countries giving the USA an advantage.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 2:52:35 PM
At 2/26/2016 1:26:44 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Of course, China's navy is larger than the U.S's now: http://www.globalfirepower.com...

China also has the U.S beat in merchant marines, MLRS, artillery, tanks, and SPGs.

I sit corrected! Thanks for the heads up.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:26:23 PM
At 2/26/2016 2:52:35 PM, TheFlex wrote:

A heads-up? Lol.
Suh dude

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:27:24 PM
At 2/26/2016 3:26:23 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

A heads-up? Lol.

Hmmmm, "insight" may have been a better word?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:29:00 PM
At 2/26/2016 3:27:24 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 2/26/2016 3:26:23 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

A heads-up? Lol.

Hmmmm, "insight" may have been a better word?

Maybe. :P

But yeah, if this war scenario would ever exist, the U.S would be destroyed by the prevailing cyberattacks from an undoubted coalition of Russia and China.
Suh dude

JarmOlle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 6:28:16 PM

US win homeland but in nuclear war it will bee China some big loser. Smaller strenght by nuclear capability.

China have 250, US have 6000+ and Russia have 8000+ and it's over quick the nuclear war.