Jump to topic:

Most Boring History Lesson

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:39:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
History is very interesting, and there is a huge world to explore it in, but we all have been through a fair share of boring history lessons. So which was your most boring lesson?

Mine was a lesson during Black History month when we had to look at a website and write down answers to questions about quotes, none of the edgy stuff like Martin Luther King Jr marching with a huge group or making a big speech, but minor quoted and no action.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:51:12 PM
At 2/21/2016 10:39:33 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
History is very interesting, and there is a huge world to explore it in, but we all have been through a fair share of boring history lessons. So which was your most boring lesson?

Mine was a lesson during Black History month when we had to look at a website and write down answers to questions about quotes, none of the edgy stuff like Martin Luther King Jr marching with a huge group or making a big speech, but minor quoted and no action.

For me, probably learning about the early American Colonies... for the 4th time, lol. That just gets beat into Americans' brains so much, I get tired of it.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
piglet292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:28:19 AM
Good question. I did History at A' Level (UK - age 18) and the teacher was the Ultimate Bore. I fell asleep so often I lost the thread of every lesson. The one and only time I was glad I was awake was during a lesson on the Jacobite Rebellions (1715/1745). The teacher said: "And the Highlanders were often so badly undernourished that they would cut the throats of their cattle and mix the blood with oats". A voice from the back of the class said: "Oh no! Not Bloody Porridge again!". It was the one shaft of light in a very dark subject.
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:36:08 PM

Learning about the progressives of the 20's and 30's.
JustJim97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:10:54 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Australian history.

Especially the crap they force us to care about in high school. Seriously, we get it. White people did bad stuff to indigenous people. Why is this relevant in the modern multicultural society? And seriously? Despite all the free money we throw at them, they still cant get over it? Its this kind of stuff that justifies crap like Hitler. Please don't justify angry mustache man, he was not a nice person. And then all the racism awareness crap. Australian history is more like an ethics course if anything. Why cant everyone just be like Asians and cop the crap?

As long as people exist there will be differences, as long as differences exist there will be conflict. Instead of trying to deny this by 'eradicating racism', why the hell dosen't anyone promote working around it? If you meet a wall, you walk around it. You don't bash your head at it and hope that the wall will just magically vanish.
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:07:42 AM

Admit it you racist scumbag, the "action" you're wanting is just footage of whites beating black people. Tssk!
I came here to troll everyone :D
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 12:53:23 PM

I too found the history thought during Black History month boring, but that was because they taught it in such an uninteresting light. A number of the people we focused on were, honestly, unimportant in the fight for civil rights. I would have liked it more if there had been a discussion on the origins of the problem, especially how America, and particularly the South, treated blacks after the Civil War.

My school also emphasized explorers (e.g. Columbus, Magellan, Vasco de Gama, etc...) a lot. It was interesting at first, but they just went way too in depth in it.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.