Jump to topic:

Im confused...

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:42:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Christopher columbus discovered America or Christopher columbus was discovered by Native americans in 1492?
Never fart near dog
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:20:01 PM
At 2/22/2016 8:42:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Christopher columbus discovered America or Christopher columbus was discovered by Native americans in 1492?

Depends on the perspective. I would argue that it's who laid eyes on the land first. Columbus discovered the Americas, and then he discovered the Natives after.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:29:01 PM
At 2/22/2016 10:20:01 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Depends on the perspective. I would argue that it's who laid eyes on the land first. Columbus discovered the Americas, and then he discovered the Natives after.

We saw these strange pale sickly looking men with funny clothing. We were like "damn these people need help" To this day since we discovered these white men we feel sorry and wonder how the hell they put up with taxes, the cold and the heat. We both made discoveries. We discovered that we shared a belief in God. We discovered they didn't know shot all about special medicines made from the local plants. And we discovered they were filthy disease ridden things that made many a warrior die.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:10:11 PM

Actually, Leif Erikson "discovered" the Americas before Columbus. Or, if you think about it, the natives did first.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:12:35 PM
At 2/23/2016 6:10:11 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Actually, Leif Erikson "discovered" the Americas before Columbus. Or, if you think about it, the natives did first.

https://i.ytimg.com...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:20:52 PM

There's probably no way of knowing, but it doesn't really matter. Christopher Columbus deserves credit for the successful Trans-Atlantic voyage, not the natives.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid