21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:45:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Richard Bland

He:
Was on of the leading members of Virginia's House of Burgesses.
Helped draft Virginia's Declaration of Rights.
Was a delegate to the 1st and 2nd Continental Congresses.
Authored "An Inquiry into the Rights of the British Colonies."
Served on a Committee that drafted Virginia's 1st Constitution.
Member of the House of Delegates for the Virginia State Government.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:22:06 AM
Benjamin Franklin.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 2:59:06 PM
John Hancock. He was such a bada** and cool person. I had to dress up as him and do a bibliography of him in front of class.
Jeholopterus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 2:57:12 PM
At 2/25/2016 4:02:48 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
Who are your favorite founding fathers of the USA and why?

Only in the US? Fine then I choose Abrahahaha no I choose General Washington. The most bad@ss one of them all, btw I love honest Abe, but he isn't a founding father.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:59:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
George Washington was THE MAN. His leadership has been unparalleled in American history. Without his, I'm not sure America could have started or even survived after him. I mean of all the people to start our nation off he was so perfect for the job, I can just see God in 17XX saying "and it was good". All of the founding fathers being at the same place, at their respective positions, at the same time just amazes me, but just hear me out on George Washington. The 13 colonies were at disadvantage throughout much of the war under all sorts of hardship. George Washington kept them together, and commanded with such respect that even British articles during the war condemning the American colonies held him in high respect, which I imagine at the time was essential to gaining allies and being recognized as our own....Something. We weren't just rebels with such strong leaders running our operations. At the beginning George Washington wasn't voted into office so much as he was simply the most worthy of the Job. He accepted his presidency out of duty to regretfully, and humbly. He literally did not want the job and argued against himself. I mean talk about setting a good example for future candidates. George Washington just laid it out the way it was but he did it in a way that people couldn't help but back him because he was just the right person for the time. For that reason, I think he is the greatest politician that ever was and I wish his vision of government values for this country had lasted in a more profound way.

I firmly believe that America might have fallen before it had a chance to get going had it not been for George Washington being born. His leadership, values, and ability to unite people might not have been THE reason America was free. It is however, what allowed the States of America to remain the UNITED States of America. I don't think any other man could of held the colonies together after the war, and we owe him our thanks for this great nation. He's not just the first president. He's a founding Father.

Oh, and look up his personal life. He's just a cool guy, and I'd like to hang out with him. Manly man, that supposedly threw pretty good parties. People forget the founding fathers had a life beyond their over-glorified endeavors for liberty.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 3:09:55 PM
At 3/24/2016 6:41:44 AM, themightyindividual wrote:
Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin.

Why?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:43:31 AM

Ben Franklin. He had a sense of humor
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:51:45 AM
At 3/28/2016 3:43:31 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

Wasn't he banned from writing the Deceleration of Independence because the other founding fathers thought he would sneak a joke in there?
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:56:51 AM
At 3/28/2016 3:51:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 3/28/2016 3:43:31 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

Wasn't he banned from writing the Deceleration of Independence because the other founding fathers thought he would sneak a joke in there?

Something like that I believe
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro