Jump to topic:

The Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:29:35 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
We all know who this is. Yes, folks. It's the KGB!

The KGB is my favorite intelligence agency of all-time, even though it was dissolved in 1991 with the rest of Soviet Russia. I am extremely bored out of my mind right now, so I figured I would provide a little history behind the shady spook-shop for any interested people:

The KGB, A Brief Historic Overview
The KGB, commonly referred to as "the Sword and Shield of the Communist Party" was established in 1954 after it's predecessor, the MGB/MVD, was given a major overhaul that happened to be eased along by a little rebellion in the government. The purpose of the KGB was to be the arm of the Politburo, the governing body of men that ruled the USSR, that engaged in activities that would pretty much have us sh!tting our pants if we knew they were happening now (for instance, the attempted assassination of Pope John Paul II; or that neat little affair on Westminster Bridge that included an umbrella, a poison pellet, and a guy getting shot in the a$$).

There were 20 directorates within the KGB; each one had different responsibilities. For instance, the First Directorate was Abroad Field Operations, Second Directorate was Internal Security, etc. These directorates grew, and thusly the KGB did as well. This large growth lead to the increasing zealousness of the organization, and it began exiling human-rights advocates, Christians, Jews, Muslims, and intellectuals deemed untrustworthy and not loyal.

The KGB eventually became the most powerful intelligence agency in the world, even though it mostly operated on Soviet soil or in Soviet territory.

Now, having provided a brief overview of the agency, what are your thoughts? Would it have been better if it wasn't completely government-controlled? Would its agenda have succeeded if it focused more on other countries? Discuss.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:39:31 AM
This oughta help, too: http://www.britannica.com...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 4:19:05 AM
bballbump
Suh dude