Jump to topic:

Rare Historical Photos.

MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 8:17:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I don't know if you have already seen this or not, but I discovered a imgur album filled with very interesting historical photos. They seem to be mainly captured around WW2, but they seem to stretch from 1850s up to 1990s. There are 400 photos and even I didn't manage to get through them all, but there are some real gems in there, so give it a skim if you have the time.

A particular favorite is the picture of the KKK child and the black state trooper.

Link: http://imgur.com...
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:56:03 AM
At 4/16/2016 8:17:13 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I don't know if you have already seen this or not, but I discovered a imgur album filled with very interesting historical photos. They seem to be mainly captured around WW2, but they seem to stretch from 1850s up to 1990s. There are 400 photos and even I didn't manage to get through them all, but there are some real gems in there, so give it a skim if you have the time.

A particular favorite is the picture of the KKK child and the black state trooper.

Link: http://imgur.com...

The one about the German soldiers who returned to Frankfurt really had me.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 11:19:01 AM
It's really quite sad how little activity the history forum is having of late. I had hoped that the pictures would lead to discussion. Either way, I do hope for a true revival of the history forum at some point. For now, this will serve as a bump I suppose.