Jump to topic:

Amelia Earhart Conspiracy Theories.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:36:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
When I had taken my Women Studies class, we discussed Amelia Earhart, and all of the crazy conspiracies of what ACTUALLY happened to her. The one that was talked about in my class, which is not listed below: is that the crash was intentional, and a few years later, they saw a man, and women in ratted clothes on the island where she had crashed. They believe it was because of love, and because she wanted to be with this man.

In July 1937, the pioneering pilot and her navigator, Fred Noonan, disappeared over the Pacific as they tried to circumnavigate the globe. In an interview with Discovery News, Gillespie said he believes that Earhart and Noonan perished on the uninhabited Nikumaroro Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Here are a few most popular conspiracies:

#1: Earhart ran out of fuel, crashed and perished in the Pacific Ocean.
#2: Earhart landed safely on Gardner Island but died before she could be rescued.
#3: Earhart touched down on Saipan only to be executed by the Japanese.
#4: Theory #4: Earhart"s flight was an elaborate scheme to spy on the Japanese, who captured her after she crashed.
#5: Earhart survived a Pacific Ocean plane crash, was secretly repatriated to New Jersey and lived out her life under an assumed name.
#6: Earhart survived and somehow made her way to Guadalcanal.
#7: Earhart crashed on New Britain Island.

What theory makes more sense? Do you have your own theory?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:41:44 PM
At 5/16/2016 10:36:07 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When I had taken my Women Studies class, we discussed Amelia Earhart, and all of the crazy conspiracies of what ACTUALLY happened to her. The one that was talked about in my class, which is not listed below: is that the crash was intentional, and a few years later, they saw a man, and women in ratted clothes on the island where she had crashed. They believe it was because of love, and because she wanted to be with this man.

In July 1937, the pioneering pilot and her navigator, Fred Noonan, disappeared over the Pacific as they tried to circumnavigate the globe. In an interview with Discovery News, Gillespie said he believes that Earhart and Noonan perished on the uninhabited Nikumaroro Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

#2: Earhart landed safely on Gardner Island but died before she could be rescued.
#4: Theory #4: Earhart"s flight was an elaborate scheme to spy on the Japanese, who captured her after she crashed.
#5: Earhart survived a Pacific Ocean plane crash, was secretly repatriated to New Jersey and lived out her life under an assumed name.

You forgot she did 9/11.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 9:07:48 PM
At 5/16/2016 10:36:07 PM, Rosalie wrote:

In my opinion they most likely crashed into the Pacific Ocean due to running out of fuel. Pilot error and mechanical failure are also possible causes of the crash.

Theories 2 and 3 are possible although highly unlikely. The rest can be ruled out.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:20:41 PM
The theory she was a spy came from a movie.

All of them are almost certainly wrong.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:00:29 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:20:41 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

What are your thoughts on what happened to her?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:00:29 PM
At 5/19/2016 4:00:29 PM, Rosalie wrote:

She died.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:08:27 PM
At 5/19/2016 5:00:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 5/19/2016 4:00:29 PM, Rosalie wrote:

She died.

Do you believe in any of the conspiracies? What about the conspiracy that the crash was intentional, to be with a men she loved?

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 10:07:41 PM
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 5:49:06 PM

A conspiracy theory is the speculative hypothesis that a person/s have conspired to cause or cover up an event or situation typically regarded as illegal or harmful. Only numbers 4 and 5 would qualify as conspiracies.
President of DDO