Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

"Antisemitism in the 19th and 20th century"

MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,399
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:08:48 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
For school, I've been given a project about Antisemitism across Europe in the 19th and 20th century. Specifically, it's an 100 year span I've been told to research from around 1850 to 1950 for an Assessment. The research has to be done almost all by myself and i'm expected to show a vast knowledge of Antisemitism during this time period across all of Europe, as well as the causes for such bigotry.

The reason I've come here, is because i'm interested to hear opinions both about Antisemitism during this period, as well as a recommended reading list. I'd love to hear suggestions for different historians, books or websites I can cite. Any help you can give would be well appreciated.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:31:11 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 7:08:48 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
For school, I've been given a project about Antisemitism across Europe in the 19th and 20th century. Specifically, it's an 100 year span I've been told to research from around 1850 to 1950 for an Assessment. The research has to be done almost all by myself and i'm expected to show a vast knowledge of Antisemitism during this time period across all of Europe, as well as the causes for such bigotry.

The reason I've come here, is because i'm interested to hear opinions both about Antisemitism during this period, as well as a recommended reading list. I'd love to hear suggestions for different historians, books or websites I can cite. Any help you can give would be well appreciated.

Anti-semitism was mainly around in all European nations with a significant Jewish population, mostly because they viewed the Jews as elitists and that they were different religiously.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 3:03:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 7:08:48 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
For school, I've been given a project about Antisemitism across Europe in the 19th and 20th century. Specifically, it's an 100 year span I've been told to research from around 1850 to 1950 for an Assessment. The research has to be done almost all by myself and i'm expected to show a vast knowledge of Antisemitism during this time period across all of Europe, as well as the causes for such bigotry.

The reason I've come here, is because i'm interested to hear opinions both about Antisemitism during this period, as well as a recommended reading list. I'd love to hear suggestions for different historians, books or websites I can cite. Any help you can give would be well appreciated.

Read Zionism in the Age of Dictators by Lenni Brenner. Also check out Dr Kwame Ture Zionism Debate Lecture on Youtube.

Also, as an aside, the Semitic language branch includes 77 languages that are spoken by more than 500 million people across the Middle East, and North and East Africa.

So contrary to popular belief, anti-semitism is not anti-jewish. Tell your teacher that.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:01:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I can't think of any specific literature, but anti-Semitism was particularly bad in the Russian empire...with pogroms occurring over many years. Some of the worst were in the early stages of the 20th century.

As for Nazi Germany, that's pretty self-explanatory.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 2:12:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 9:31:11 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 7:08:48 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
For school, I've been given a project about Antisemitism across Europe in the 19th and 20th century. Specifically, it's an 100 year span I've been told to research from around 1850 to 1950 for an Assessment. The research has to be done almost all by myself and i'm expected to show a vast knowledge of Antisemitism during this time period across all of Europe, as well as the causes for such bigotry.

The reason I've come here, is because i'm interested to hear opinions both about Antisemitism during this period, as well as a recommended reading list. I'd love to hear suggestions for different historians, books or websites I can cite. Any help you can give would be well appreciated.

Anti-semitism was mainly around in all European nations with a significant Jewish population, mostly because they viewed the Jews as elitists and that they were different religiously.

The Germans did not like the Jews because they were satanists introducing hedonistic values into the German culture that was pure at the time. The Jew's held all the positions of influence and rigged the ladder of economic advancement to suit them over others. History is nothing but a lie. Even the holocaust us a lie. It was impossible to kill so many jews in so little time. The technology did not exist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:48:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 2:12:04 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:31:11 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 7:08:48 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
For school, I've been given a project about Antisemitism across Europe in the 19th and 20th century. Specifically, it's an 100 year span I've been told to research from around 1850 to 1950 for an Assessment. The research has to be done almost all by myself and i'm expected to show a vast knowledge of Antisemitism during this time period across all of Europe, as well as the causes for such bigotry.

The reason I've come here, is because i'm interested to hear opinions both about Antisemitism during this period, as well as a recommended reading list. I'd love to hear suggestions for different historians, books or websites I can cite. Any help you can give would be well appreciated.

Anti-semitism was mainly around in all European nations with a significant Jewish population, mostly because they viewed the Jews as elitists and that they were different religiously.

The Germans did not like the Jews because they were satanists introducing hedonistic values into the German culture that was pure at the time. The Jew's held all the positions of influence and rigged the ladder of economic advancement to suit them over others. History is nothing but a lie. Even the holocaust us a lie. It was impossible to kill so many jews in so little time. The technology did not exist.

The Holocaust is most definitely not a lie. The numbers are disputable, but it most definitely existed, and to state the opposite (as some people do) is denial of history, which is not a lie.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 5:16:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 4:48:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 2:12:04 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:31:11 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 7:08:48 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
For school, I've been given a project about Antisemitism across Europe in the 19th and 20th century. Specifically, it's an 100 year span I've been told to research from around 1850 to 1950 for an Assessment. The research has to be done almost all by myself and i'm expected to show a vast knowledge of Antisemitism during this time period across all of Europe, as well as the causes for such bigotry.

The reason I've come here, is because i'm interested to hear opinions both about Antisemitism during this period, as well as a recommended reading list. I'd love to hear suggestions for different historians, books or websites I can cite. Any help you can give would be well appreciated.

Anti-semitism was mainly around in all European nations with a significant Jewish population, mostly because they viewed the Jews as elitists and that they were different religiously.

The Germans did not like the Jews because they were satanists introducing hedonistic values into the German culture that was pure at the time. The Jew's held all the positions of influence and rigged the ladder of economic advancement to suit them over others. History is nothing but a lie. Even the holocaust us a lie. It was impossible to kill so many jews in so little time. The technology did not exist.

The Holocaust is most definitely not a lie. The numbers are disputable, but it most definitely existed, and to state the opposite (as some people do) is denial of history, which is not a lie.
His-story is merely a story told by the victors. It does not mean it is the correct story. Nobody likes to admit to being the bad guy. Human nature born with ego will always rationalize their actions as being the best actions possible.

The numbers do not lie, you say. A number is just a number. If you're going to tell a lie, you tell a really big lie so it becomes too impossible to imagine otherwise. I lived in Germany. I moved to America when I was in highschool. So I was old enough to remember the details to the camps I visited. In no circumstances were they equipped to commit such mass murder. You believe everything you see and read when enough people vouch for its truth. Conformity is natural to our nature to not wanting to be the odd ball. They know this and they use the craving for acceptance to fit well within society, and they use this urge against you.
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 5:25:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
The causes for such bigotry? Not much is talked about regarding the causes of anti-Semitism. If there was more information about the causes of the Jewish racism we might get to the bottom of it and figure out what needs to take place to end anti-Semitism, but this will not happen anytime soon. Politics will end any attempt at ending anti-Semitism.
Most of the racism directed towards the Jews in the years prior to 1917 had to do with the eccentric nature of the Jews. The Jews who were persecuted lived in Christendom. All of Europe and Russia had practiced Christianity for hundreds and even a thousand years. The Jews practiced Zionism which revolved around beliefs of animal sacrifice, strange rituals, strange clothing, racial purity, racial superiority. In addition, the Jews isolated themselves from the community at large laboring under the delusion that they would be contaminated by Christianity if they partook of society.
The strange beliefs of the Jews caused animosity and disdain by the Christians towards the Jews. The Jews were considered "a problem." Naturally, disdain and hate grew over the hundreds of years of living side by side with the Jews. The persecution and murder of the Jews wasn't one sided. The Jews also murdered Christians. It was a two sided coin for hundreds of years.
The real genocide towards the Jews would have to wait until the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917. Why? Because the Jews were the leaders of the Communist Revolution. Of the 383 leaders of the Communist movement, 300 were Jews. Lenin was a Jew. The head of Cheka was a Jew. The head of the NKVD was a Jew. Five of the worst death camps in Russia were run by Jews. The evidence shows that the Jews used the Communist movement to take over Russia.
This might be one of the things that led Hitler to attempt to exterminate the Jews. It actually goes much deeper than this. The Jews had used banking and financial dealings to become the richest group of people in Europe and Russia. In other words, most Russians and Europeans were not upset at Hitler's exterminations.
You will not get the real truth about the history of the Jews from main stream books and websites. You'll have to dig to get the truth. Many Russians and Europeans were terrified that the Jews might take over and then what would happen. Sadly, Hitler turned to extermination rather than political maneuvers. Had he used his mind rather than his knife he could have rallied the Germans to take the financial sector back from the Jews through hard work, education, diplomacy, and by making friends with the Jews who might have been willing to work with the Germans in creating a powerful empire. Instead, Hitler turned to butchery, which was his downfall because he lost the support of Europe.