Jump to topic:

why Islamic golden age did not advance to

Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:26:54 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
why Islamic golden age did not reach technology we have toda or in the previous century? was it because they did not have capitalisM?

some believe it lasted 5-6 centuries some believe it lated 3 centuries but 2 centuries would have been enough to advance to the technology we have if they really were as advanced in science as they are cracked up to be? so, why did they not reach technolog we have now or in 20th century?

or did the western world reach that level as a consequence of iSlamic golden age? what if Islamic golden age did not happen? could the west have reached the same level?
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:04:35 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 12:26:54 PM, Artur wrote:
why Islamic golden age did not reach technology we have toda or in the previous century? was it because they did not have capitalisM?

some believe it lasted 5-6 centuries some believe it lated 3 centuries but 2 centuries would have been enough to advance to the technology we have if they really were as advanced in science as they are cracked up to be? so, why did they not reach technolog we have now or in 20th century?

or did the western world reach that level as a consequence of iSlamic golden age? what if Islamic golden age did not happen? could the west have reached the same level?

The Caliphate fragmented, and then the Mongols invaded.

Capitalism would have been terrible for the Islamic world.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -