Jump to topic:

Native American paper

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 6:27:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I have to write an essay for an AP class on three native american tribes in the US. They had to exist before explorers came (before 1492), but still existed after explorers came (after 1492). It's preferred I only do one tribe per area (northeast, midwest, etc).

Anyone got some suggestions for tribes I could research, or websites/books I could use?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:59:16 AM
At 7/19/2016 6:27:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I have to write an essay for an AP class on three native american tribes in the US. They had to exist before explorers came (before 1492), but still existed after explorers came (after 1492). It's preferred I only do one tribe per area (northeast, midwest, etc).

Anyone got some suggestions for tribes I could research, or websites/books I could use?

The Muscogee are interesting, as are the Narragansett (and their connections to Roger Williams) and the Osage were pretty fvcking badass.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:08:31 PM

Why write a paper on those inferiors when you can write one on the great white men that settled on the land?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:18:48 PM
At 7/20/2016 2:08:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Why write a paper on those inferiors when you can write one on the great white men that settled on the land?

Because you get better marks for doing what your teachers ask you to do.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:19:42 PM
At 7/20/2016 2:18:48 PM, desmac wrote:

Yes, but you can have your head held up high knowing you failed the class but you failed by writing about the great whites.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:21:27 PM
At 7/20/2016 2:19:42 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, but you can have your head held up high knowing you failed the class but you failed by writing about the great whites.

Not what the OP asked.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:21:56 PM
At 7/20/2016 2:21:27 PM, desmac wrote:

Not what the OP asked.

Doesn't matter. All time is white time.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 2:26:35 PM
At 7/20/2016 2:21:56 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/20/2016 2:21:27 PM, desmac wrote:

Not what the OP asked.

Doesn't matter. All time is white time.

Wrong, I fear. All time is Egyptian time or Babylonian time, as they were the ones who introduced the modern system of timekeeping.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 3:52:59 PM

Because that's not what I'm supposed to write about, unless they are involved with certain aspects of the native americans
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2016 7:21:58 AM

Menominee
http://www.dickshovel.com...