Jump to topic:

Great Depression and Dust Bowl

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 9:32:06 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
No I'm not putting facts up. I came to ask you guys for help (though I doubt you'll deliver until after I don't need it anymore). Do you guys have any questions about either of the events in the Topic Name that I could use for a game (like "Who did this?" - [answer])?

I'd prefer nothing too generic that would most likely already be down, like what the events are, who was president, etc etc.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 3:31:34 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
During the roaring Twenties farmers were buying farms and tractors. These guys thought they would never be able to do this.
The land they bought was grassland on in the prairies. This land was cheap, but it was not like the land back east. It was mostly dust that was held together by mud and the root systems of the grass.
After plowing the land for a few years they got rid of the grass and when there was a drought, the mud would dry up and leave the dust there to blow away. The result was a total failure of the new farms.
In the 1920s there was this theory that the economy would go on booming forever, and therefore everyone should buy stocks.
Of course this didn't happen, the dust bowl, and other problems happened, so the boom stopped and the depression happened.
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 11:04:47 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 9/22/2016 9:32:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:
No I'm not putting facts up. I came to ask you guys for help (though I doubt you'll deliver until after I don't need it anymore). Do you guys have any questions about either of the events in the Topic Name that I could use for a game (like "Who did this?" - [answer])?

I'd prefer nothing too generic that would most likely already be down, like what the events are, who was president, etc etc.

Hey random person, fun fact, I penetrated your mother's dust bowl and left your father in a great depression.
I came here to troll everyone :D
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:21:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 11:04:47 PM, GrassyPunk wrote:
At 9/22/2016 9:32:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Hey random person, fun fact, I penetrated your mother's dust bowl and left your father in a great depression.

http://retribution.fm...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya