Jump to topic:

another ww2 what if?

keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 10:17:31 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
If the allies had lost ww2 would the bombing of cities by the RAF and USAF have been views as war crimes, with say Churchill, Harris and lemay indicted?
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 2:33:09 AM
At 9/23/2016 10:17:31 AM, keithprosser wrote:
If the allies had lost ww2 would the bombing of cities by the RAF and USAF have been views as war crimes, with say Churchill, Harris and lemay indicted?

I dare say that with Hitler acting as God's emissary then whatever may have happened would have conformed to his amusement. I do find these "WW2 what if" questions interesting, but the Axis never really stood a chance of achieving all their goals. They got so incredibly lucky at the beginning because nobody else wanted to fight, but once the Allies became determined it all went one-way, and fairly quickly.
Artaxerxes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:06:52 AM
At 9/23/2016 10:17:31 AM, keithprosser wrote:
Absolutely. They should still be viewed as war crimes today. I certainly view them as such.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:42:59 PM
Winners write the rules, especially in total war. Not as effective as allied bombing civilian centers but the Germans did try similar tactics... they just didn't have the heavy bomber force of b17 and b29's.

However I'm fairly certain the simple answer is yes.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:25:42 AM
I thought the Nazis won the war. No? They reduced the world to rubble, and then skated over to America, and look at Germany now. Look at their banks. They got all the money. Smart people.