Facebook PDA

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 12:06:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://i52.tinypic.com...

Who else here hates it when couples pull this kind of crap in the pic?

Pic related - It's me calling out my high school acquaintance on his facebook PDA.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 12:09:40 AM
Lol, once in awhile I can deal with it. But EVERY DAY? GAH. One girl changes her status every 30 min. but it is ALWAYS about her boyfriend... "I miss u baby! mwah" or "Kiss me when you see me! It's only 2 hrs away!", etc. >.<
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 12:10:26 AM
It's facebook. The whole point is showing off things that no sane person wants to hear about. Don't spend time there.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 8:45:54 AM
Lol
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 8:51:52 AM
At 2/16/2011 12:10:26 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It's facebook. The whole point is showing off things that no sane person wants to hear about. Don't spend time there.

This. I have pretty much everything on my Facebook blocked and barely go on. I only use it to keep in touch with my friends since it's THE social networking tool.
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 8:58:14 AM
also this to what ragnar said. facebook makes me hate people...especially my cousin. he wrote up "pauly d would be proud of my hair" the last day.. and he's related to me!
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 2:08:47 PM
At 2/16/2011 8:51:52 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/16/2011 12:10:26 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

This. I have pretty much everything on my Facebook blocked and barely go on. I only use it to keep in touch with my friends since it's THE social networking tool.:

^ This ^

I resisted both MySpace and FB for about 6 years. Then I had heard that friends were getting in touch with long-lost friends. As a result of FB, I've recovered a good 10-15 very close friends that I've lost touch with over the years. And for that one reason, it was worth taking the plunge.

Beyond that, it's just mental masturbation. It means having to put up with the hundreds of other asinine things acquaintances send.

Different types include:

1. People who just want to friend you for appearances -- Unless you're a famous musician or some sh*t, the people with the most friends on their list usually have the least in reality.

2. The Updater -- You know the kind. They narcisisticly tell you every miniscule detail of their day as if you actually gave a flying f*ck, often airing their dirty laundry by being way too personal.

List more type of Facebookers!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 2:10:27 PM
At 2/16/2011 2:08:47 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

you're giving Facebookers way too much credit
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 2:14:05 PM
At 2/16/2011 2:10:27 PM, askbob wrote:

XD Wow that's a win
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 4:39:33 PM
A friend of my wife use to post everyday how many days until he got married after he was engaged.

So every morning she would see, "213 days until my sweetie pie and I get married!" "212 days until I marry the most beautiful woman in the world." ...

Just to piss him off, the day after they got married, I posted on his wall "491 days until you divorce that bitch."

I think he blocked me after that. But it stopped the posts.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 4:41:53 PM
At 2/16/2011 4:39:33 PM, OreEle wrote:
A friend of my wife use to post everyday how many days until he got married after he was engaged.

So every morning she would see, "213 days until my sweetie pie and I get married!" "212 days until I marry the most beautiful woman in the world." ...

Just to piss him off, the day after they got married, I posted on his wall "491 days until you divorce that bitch."

lmao. That's funny.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 5:11:17 PM
It's even worse when they have the same profile picture and they have a conversation. It's like one person talking to him/herself, so I start talking to myself in the comments to piss them off.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 5:33:04 PM
At 2/16/2011 5:11:17 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
It's even worse when they have the same profile picture and they have a conversation. It's like one person talking to him/herself, so I start talking to myself in the comments to piss them off.

FTW! That is greatness!
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
GoddardGirl276
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 1:12:23 AM
I have a friend who is in a LDR with a guy and every once in a while their statuses will be about each other and even though she has pictures of them kissing, she keeps them in her room and not an facebook. I wish more girls were like this. no need to gloat about your relationship.

And then there is this other girl...updates her status at least 4 time a day always with "I love you baby" or "I miss my boyfriend" or "great time last night ;) see you soon babe"
yeah thanks for that. We all wanted to read those words and imagine what went on.
"This is her favorite song. you know that, right? so maybe, if we play it good and loud, she'll get up and dance. ready? ah, here she comes. left. right. left right left."
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 5:18:32 PM

You're awesome.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 9:48:29 PM
At 2/16/2011 12:06:38 AM, askbob wrote:
http://i52.tinypic.com...

Who else here hates it when couples pull this kind of crap in the pic?

Pic related - It's me calling out my high school acquaintance on his facebook PDA.

Is it really a big deal?
If you don't like it you can unfriend him. I see no point in drawing attention to that other than a warning that you dislike those things on your main page. His own wall/comment feeds is his space.

That's my personal opinion on the matter and anyone here on my friends list knows that I don't do that either, I just don't see the harm in it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 9:53:00 PM
At 2/16/2011 2:10:27 PM, askbob wrote:

There are also constants.
Like like-aholics, and requesters (often farmville related, but also branches off such as cityville)
And constant quizzers.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 10:52:23 PM

I think the fact that they had already gotten married ended the posts.