Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Cycling v Driving

brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 4:16:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
With the cost of fuel, pollution and obesity all on the increase, organisations such as Critical Mass are encouraging people to leave their cars at home and get on their bikes instead.

However, as the below video shows, things can go awry when motorists get frustrated by the delays cyclists can cause to their journeys:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 11:31:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
cycling 20 miles to work, in Oregon, in February is not going to go so well.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Heathen
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 11:34:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 11:31:14 AM, OreEle wrote:
cycling 20 miles to work, in Oregon, in February is not going to go so well.

pfft my grandpa had to cycle 30 miles in the snow, uphill, both ways, with a broken bike chain and a flat tire.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 12:48:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 11:34:12 AM, Heathen wrote:
At 3/1/2011 11:31:14 AM, OreEle wrote:
cycling 20 miles to work, in Oregon, in February is not going to go so well.

pfft my grandpa had to cycle 30 miles in the snow, uphill, both ways, with a broken bike chain and a flat tire.

LOL!

Did nobody else watch the video; that's the whole point of the thread...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 12:50:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 12:48:47 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 3/1/2011 11:34:12 AM, Heathen wrote:
At 3/1/2011 11:31:14 AM, OreEle wrote:
cycling 20 miles to work, in Oregon, in February is not going to go so well.

pfft my grandpa had to cycle 30 miles in the snow, uphill, both ways, with a broken bike chain and a flat tire.

LOL!

Did nobody else watch the video; that's the whole point of the thread...

yup! great stuff!
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 12:52:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 12:50:51 PM, badger wrote:
At 3/1/2011 12:48:47 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 3/1/2011 11:34:12 AM, Heathen wrote:
At 3/1/2011 11:31:14 AM, OreEle wrote:
cycling 20 miles to work, in Oregon, in February is not going to go so well.

pfft my grandpa had to cycle 30 miles in the snow, uphill, both ways, with a broken bike chain and a flat tire.

LOL!

Did nobody else watch the video; that's the whole point of the thread...

yup! great stuff! some respect they got there, huh? lol
signature
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 2:43:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 4:16:16 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
With the cost of fuel, pollution and obesity all on the increase, organisations such as Critical Mass are encouraging people to leave their cars at home and get on their bikes instead.

However, as the below video shows, things can go awry when motorists get frustrated by the delays cyclists can cause to their journeys:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Isn't that the point of sidewalks?
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins