Total Posts:167|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why are young people so dumb nowadays ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:42:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is this a national crisis ? Ha, ha, ha. They text while driving. They smoke
weed. They dont go to church that often. They have too many babies.
They watch shows like Jersey Shore, and Teen Mom on MTV. They play
XBOX and Playstation all day long. Some of them are even on this forum (constantly)
as if they have nothing else better to do. Anyway what ever happened to our
society ? Kids dont have imagination anymore. I grew up in the 80's. Things
were different then. We had everything, and even when we didnt, we made
something out of nothing. This new generation is not good at doing that.
What do you think ? Why are the younger people so dumb nowadays ?
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:46:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:42:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
Is this a national crisis ? Ha, ha, ha. They text while driving.

At stop lights, yes.

They smoke weed.

I do that.

They dont go to church that often.

Nope, I don't.

They have too many babies.

At what point is it too much?

They watch shows like Jersey Shore, and Teen Mom on MTV.

Okay, that I do not do. Thankfully.

They play XBOX and Playstation all day long.

Hellz yeah.

Some of them are even on this forum (constantly) as if they have nothing else better to do.

You're right. I should go smoke crack instead.

Anyway what ever happened to our society ?

It progressed.

Kids dont have imagination anymore.

Nah, I still have that. It goes CRAZY when I'm smoking weed.

I grew up in the 80's.

I'm sorry.

Things were different then. We had everything, and even when we didnt, we made something out of nothing. This new generation is not good at doing that.

I've done that for years.

What do you think ? Why are the younger people so dumb nowadays ?

We're not dumb. -__-
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:52:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
These young cats do not know how to have fun anymore. They live in a
wired society. If they are not doing something that requires electricity, then they
get bored.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:54:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:52:04 PM, interrogator wrote:
These young cats do not know how to have fun anymore. They live in a
wired society. If they are not doing something that requires electricity, then they
get bored.

lolololol you sound just like my brother's dad.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:54:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:52:04 PM, interrogator wrote:
These young cats do not know how to have fun anymore. They live in a
wired society. If they are not doing something that requires electricity, then they
get bored.

This coming from a guy who has obviously never even read a book. What a loser.
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:54:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:48:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'll grant you one thing; the 80s had better music.

No electronica music=no better music.

As for what we do with our time? We don't go to church because were getting with the times. We don't "make something out of nothing" because we don't have to. And weed's great, silly.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:00:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:42:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
Is this a national crisis ? Ha, ha, ha. They text while driving. They smoke
weed. They dont go to church that often. They have too many babies.
They watch shows like Jersey Shore, and Teen Mom on MTV. They play
XBOX and Playstation all day long. Some of them are even on this forum (constantly)
as if they have nothing else better to do. Anyway what ever happened to our
society ? Kids dont have imagination anymore. I grew up in the 80's. Things
were different then. We had everything, and even when we didnt, we made
something out of nothing. This new generation is not good at doing that.
What do you think ? Why are the younger people so dumb nowadays ?

I grew up in the 80's and you're making me feel really old. I grew up in the 80's, I'm not in my 80's.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:02:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:42:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
I is an idiot. I wish I wuz lyk the yungr kidz
theez dayz. Theyz so much more smarterer
than me. I can has learn to intelligence more?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:03:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh dont worry my friend. We are still quite young, techinically speaking.
Im only 31 actually. But anyway. You get what I am saying here.
We lived during the good ole days. Life was so much simple back then.
And we had a lot of fun, too. What do you people have to say about that.
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:12:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:48:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'll grant you one thing; the 80s had the worst music.

Couldn't let that typo pass.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:13:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Young people seem to actually be smarter than their older counterparts Young people are becoming more and more liberal (socially speaking) and don't give a crap about stupid things like tradition, taboos, and all that. I think probably because this generation of adults have been far less strict and let their kids watch what they want, play what they want, and most importantly listen to the music they want.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:17:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Thats technically speaking. We had some very memorable moments.
And life was good back then. It still is now. But it is very different today.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:17:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:12:08 PM, Anarcho wrote:
At 3/7/2011 2:48:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'll grant you one thing; the 80s had the worst music.

Couldn't let that typo pass.

You think this past decade had better music than the 80s? Where are you froooom lol
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:27:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:17:35 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Evidently I'm alone in my love for 80s music =D

Nope, 80s music ftw
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:29:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:17:44 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:12:08 PM, Anarcho wrote:
At 3/7/2011 2:48:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'll grant you one thing; the 80s had the worst music.

Couldn't let that typo pass.

You think this past decade had better music than the 80s? Where are you froooom lol

Detroit, why?
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:33:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:03:07 PM, interrogator wrote:
Oh dont worry my friend. We are still quite young, techinically speaking.
Im only 31 actually. But anyway. You get what I am saying here.
We lived during the good ole days. Life was so much simple back then.
And we had a lot of fun, too. What do you people have to say about that.

You're 31?!?! Kripes...you were born in the 80's you didn't grow up in the 80's.

You haven't been on this site long, stay and you might learn some humility. When i first got here i had a PM convo with a member who is even older than I am. I had concerns about the age group here, and thought that the people were young and thought they were a lot smarter than they were. He warned me to not underestimate the members. I look back at my old PM and feel ashamed of my original thinking. The "kids" here have taught me a lot. I continue to learn from them, and they keep my old brain fresh. I was so very wrong in my initial judgment as i frequently am. I am grateful to the anonymity of the internet because the age difference doesn't seem to factor in so much and i can honestly say i respect and have the respect for many many people here, and some of whom i consider friends. If this were real life, there would be obvious barriers due to age and positions in life. You really have no idea how much respect so many of the members here deserve despite their age, or maybe because of their age. The people here are a notch above anyone you will meet in pretty much any group you will find. They are smarter and they are funnier, and they are more interesting to speak with. There are some really good people here, and i would defend DDO, and the members always.

Drop your pretense and you may learn something, or learn how to learn something.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:37:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:17:35 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Evidently I'm alone in my love for 80s music =D

I love 80's music. The 90's sucked, though, as far as music is concerned.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:38:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:33:03 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:03:07 PM, interrogator wrote:
Oh dont worry my friend. We are still quite young, techinically speaking.
Im only 31 actually. But anyway. You get what I am saying here.
We lived during the good ole days. Life was so much simple back then.
And we had a lot of fun, too. What do you people have to say about that.

You're 31?!?! Kripes...you were born in the 80's you didn't grow up in the 80's.

You haven't been on this site long, stay and you might learn some humility. When i first got here i had a PM convo with a member who is even older than I am. I had concerns about the age group here, and thought that the people were young and thought they were a lot smarter than they were. He warned me to not underestimate the members. I look back at my old PM and feel ashamed of my original thinking. The "kids" here have taught me a lot. I continue to learn from them, and they keep my old brain fresh. I was so very wrong in my initial judgment as i frequently am. I am grateful to the anonymity of the internet because the age difference doesn't seem to factor in so much and i can honestly say i respect and have the respect for many many people here, and some of whom i consider friends. If this were real life, there would be obvious barriers due to age and positions in life. You really have no idea how much respect so many of the members here deserve despite their age, or maybe because of their age. The people here are a notch above anyone you will meet in pretty much any group you will find. They are smarter and they are funnier, and they are more interesting to speak with. There are some really good people here, and i would defend DDO, and the members always.

Drop your pretense and you may learn something, or learn how to learn something.

What a guy. I'm at loss for words
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:39:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:37:58 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:17:35 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Evidently I'm alone in my love for 80s music =D

I love 80's music. The 90's sucked, though, as far as music is concerned.

What about 90's stuff which sounds like 80s stuff but was just a little too late?
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:41:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Gavin. Come on man, seriously. You had Nirvana, Soundgarden, Lim Bizkit,
Korn. That was a great era for rock and roll. Not to mention hip hop. That was
the age of Biggie and Tupac. Dont forget about Lauryn Hill and The Fugees.
I thought that you liked DMX, Nas, and Jay Z, and Dr Dre with Eminem. The music was great then.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:44:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Insertname. The 90's gave us the best music of all time. And you had some of
the legendary artist put out some signature albums during that decade.
Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Anita Baker, Barry White. And then you
had the Smashing Pumpkins, Guns and Roses. There are so many to list here.
Just check it out online. The music was great back then.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:47:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:44:09 PM, interrogator wrote:
Insertname. The 90's gave us the best music of all time. And you had some of
the legendary artist put out some signature albums during that decade.
Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Anita Baker, Barry White. And then you
had the Smashing Pumpkins, Guns and Roses. There are so many to list here.
Just check it out online. The music was great back then.

Michael Jackson and Guns & Roses are cool so is some of Madonna's stuff, but there seems to be bits and pieces of music from most eras I like since my music tastes ae so diverse.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 3:48:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:38:46 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:33:03 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:03:07 PM, interrogator wrote:
Oh dont worry my friend. We are still quite young, techinically speaking.
Im only 31 actually. But anyway. You get what I am saying here.
We lived during the good ole days. Life was so much simple back then.
And we had a lot of fun, too. What do you people have to say about that.

You're 31?!?! Kripes...you were born in the 80's you didn't grow up in the 80's.

You haven't been on this site long, stay and you might learn some humility. When i first got here i had a PM convo with a member who is even older than I am. I had concerns about the age group here, and thought that the people were young and thought they were a lot smarter than they were. He warned me to not underestimate the members. I look back at my old PM and feel ashamed of my original thinking. The "kids" here have taught me a lot. I continue to learn from them, and they keep my old brain fresh. I was so very wrong in my initial judgment as i frequently am. I am grateful to the anonymity of the internet because the age difference doesn't seem to factor in so much and i can honestly say i respect and have the respect for many many people here, and some of whom i consider friends. If this were real life, there would be obvious barriers due to age and positions in life. You really have no idea how much respect so many of the members here deserve despite their age, or maybe because of their age. The people here are a notch above anyone you will meet in pretty much any group you will find. They are smarter and they are funnier, and they are more interesting to speak with. There are some really good people here, and i would defend DDO, and the members always.

Drop your pretense and you may learn something, or learn how to learn something.

What a guy. I'm at loss for words

completely lost on the OP.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 4:40:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 3:29:20 PM, Anarcho wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:17:44 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/7/2011 3:12:08 PM, Anarcho wrote:
At 3/7/2011 2:48:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'll grant you one thing; the 80s had the worst music.

Couldn't let that typo pass.

You think this past decade had better music than the 80s? Where are you froooom lol

Detroit, why?

It was a rhetorical question lol. Something you say when you're incredulous about something someone else has said.

But yeah. The music of the past decade was a huge disappointment for me. I think the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 90s were my favourite in terms of music. But 80s was definitely better than the last decade.