Total Posts:107|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Alcohol

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:10:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sure we already have a thread or two on this, but for those of you that drink, what kind of drinks do you enjoy? Any particular mixed drinks (please provide recipe)? Any particular brand of hard liquor, beer, or wine?

I'm honestly hoping this can be a thread where we can share our likes and be able to try new things and not turn into a "who's the biggest alcoholic on the site" competition.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:18:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My go-to drink is usually a Sex on the Beach (Smirnoff Vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice).

Lychee Martinis are really good. I like Strawberry Dacquiris, Pina Coladas; basically pretty, girly drinks.

Dave N Busters has a great Banana split. "Banana Split (We blend 99 Bananas flavored schnapps with white crème de cacao, a scoop of ice cream and Strawberry Bacardi® Premium Mixer for a taste you'll love a bunch)" http://4.bp.blogspot.com... Soo yum.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:31:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Woodford Reserve on the rocks
Cheap vod and blue monster is great when you have no money hah
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:32:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:31:09 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Woodford Reserve on the rocks
Cheap vod and blue monster is great when you have no money hah

Eww, blue Monster? That's the low carb version. Yuck...
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:32:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:10:43 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'm honestly hoping this can be a thread where we can share our likes and be able to try new things and not turn into a "who's the biggest alcoholic on the site" competition.

Inb4 badger.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:37:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:32:42 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/9/2011 6:31:09 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Woodford Reserve on the rocks
Cheap vod and blue monster is great when you have no money hah

Eww, blue Monster? That's the low carb version. Yuck...

Ha you gotta trust me on it, I hate all monster and I hate all vodka, but when you mix the two...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:38:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cranberry Bomb (Cranberry Juice & Vodka)
Jagerbomb (Jager & Pepsi)
Carolans Irish Creme

Oh yeah, and, I'm the biggest alcoholic on this site.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:41:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:38:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Cranberry Bomb (Cranberry Juice & Vodka)
Jagerbomb (Jager & Pepsi)
Carolans Irish Creme

Oh yeah, and, I'm the biggest alcoholic on this site.

Come on, seriously? Badger is drunk or stoned probably 75% of the time when he's online. He's Irish for God's sake!
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:43:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My favorites:

1. Beer -- Heineken, Rainier, Mickeys, Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, Berliner Kindl Weisse

2. Vodka -- Reyka, Chopin, Grey Goose, Crystal Head, Stolichnaya

3. Rum -- Bacardi, Diplomático Reserva, Gosling's, Centenario

4. Mixed Drinks -- Whiskey and Coke, Rum and Coke, Sex on the Beach, White Russian
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:49:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:41:23 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/9/2011 6:38:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Cranberry Bomb (Cranberry Juice & Vodka)
Jagerbomb (Jager & Pepsi)
Carolans Irish Creme

Oh yeah, and, I'm the biggest alcoholic on this site.

Come on, seriously? Badger is drunk or stoned probably 75% of the time when he's online. He's Irish for God's sake!

Yeah, that was sarcasm playing off of Orele's request.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:50:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lol, who would brag about being the biggest alcoholic? Badger talks about being stoned and drunk because he is stoned or drunk when online. I would be worried if he wasn't. xD
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 7:52:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For me it depends on why I'm drinking.

If it is for a party with friends, then it is usually going to be an AMF.

2 oz tequila
2 oz gin
2 oz rum
1 1/2 oz (1 shot) everclear (or clear spring, cheaper)
5 oz sweat and sour mix
3 1/2 oz (more or less, for how much flavor you want) blue curacao.

Rest filled with ice (that comes to about 7 - 7 1/2 shots of alcohol per drink, 1 or 2 should cover your night, unless you need more to reach that fun buzz).

If I want to be cheap, I'll do just everclear and coke.

If I want to do shots while partying with friends, it is usually bourbon (Jim or Jack), sometimes rye (Crown).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 8:01:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Irish Carbombs
I'm sure most people know
half baileys & half jameson in a shot glass
drop the glass into a cup of Guinness and chug before it curdles
Also flaming shots of bacardi 151 are always a good time
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 8:20:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Goslings Black Seal Black Rum
Generic Giant-Brand Cola
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 8:22:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Usually Cavit Brand Riesling or Pinot Grigio when I'm having a chicken-based dinner.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 8:24:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:38:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Cranberry Bomb (Cranberry Juice & Vodka)
Jagerbomb (Jager & Pepsi)
Carolans Irish Creme

Oh yeah, and, I'm the biggest alcoholic on this site.

Jagerbomb (Jager & ROCKSTAR)
Bombay Sapphire & Tonic
Irish Carbomb (Guinness + Bailey's)
100 proof Peppermint Schnapps
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 8:30:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 8:20:49 PM, askbob wrote:
Goslings Black Seal Black Rum
Generic Giant-Brand Cola

Win.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 8:31:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 8:30:26 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/9/2011 8:20:49 PM, askbob wrote:
Goslings Black Seal Black Rum
Generic Giant-Brand Cola

Win.

so smooth with a raisin hint which complements the coke.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 9:56:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 8:31:29 PM, askbob wrote:
At 3/9/2011 8:30:26 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/9/2011 8:20:49 PM, askbob wrote:
Goslings Black Seal Black Rum
Generic Giant-Brand Cola

Win.

so smooth with a raisin hint which complements the coke.

Exactly. That's why I put Gosling's as one of my favorite rums. ^_^
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 12:28:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 7:52:24 PM, OreEle wrote:
For me it depends on why I'm drinking.

If it is for a party with friends, then it is usually going to be an AMF.

2 oz tequila
2 oz gin
2 oz rum
1 1/2 oz (1 shot) everclear (or clear spring, cheaper)
5 oz sweat and sour mix
3 1/2 oz (more or less, for how much flavor you want) blue curacao.

Rest filled with ice (that comes to about 7 - 7 1/2 shots of alcohol per drink, 1 or 2 should cover your night, unless you need more to reach that fun buzz).

i've only ever seen those in davis (college town) lol. its like a long island on steroids. i think the most i've had in a night was 3... they have to be putting less alcohol in them at bars though cause theres no f*cking way i could drink 21 shots and live. but yeah i hate the way i feel in the morning after having been drinking either long islands or AMFs so i've pretty much given them up.

nowadays if i am at a bar and wanna get wasted i will have a corona and shot of casadores. if i'm just chillin, rum and coke. any rum will do... they all taste bad by themselves and mix well with coke. a friend of mine also got me somewhat hooked on gin and tonics which is weird because i hate gin. but hey, thats the magic of mixing i guess.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 2:01:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I hate all beer and spirits...and I'll try anything fruity. Favs are pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

Maybe that's why everyone thinks I'm gay XD
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 2:03:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:50:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
Lol, who would brag about being the biggest alcoholic? Badger talks about being stoned and drunk because he is stoned or drunk when online. I would be worried if he wasn't. xD

Being drunk while on here seems pointless...but being high makes nearly every thread interesting :)
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 11:11:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 2:01:27 AM, jmar8542 wrote:
I hate all beer and spirits...and I'll try anything fruity. Favs are pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

Maybe that's why everyone thinks I'm gay XD

......

How can you hate beer? D:
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 11:17:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 12:28:46 AM, belle wrote:
At 3/9/2011 7:52:24 PM, OreEle wrote:
For me it depends on why I'm drinking.

If it is for a party with friends, then it is usually going to be an AMF.

2 oz tequila
2 oz gin
2 oz rum
1 1/2 oz (1 shot) everclear (or clear spring, cheaper)
5 oz sweat and sour mix
3 1/2 oz (more or less, for how much flavor you want) blue curacao.

Rest filled with ice (that comes to about 7 - 7 1/2 shots of alcohol per drink, 1 or 2 should cover your night, unless you need more to reach that fun buzz).

i've only ever seen those in davis (college town) lol. its like a long island on steroids. i think the most i've had in a night was 3... they have to be putting less alcohol in them at bars though cause theres no f*cking way i could drink 21 shots and live. but yeah i hate the way i feel in the morning after having been drinking either long islands or AMFs so i've pretty much given them up.

nowadays if i am at a bar and wanna get wasted i will have a corona and shot of casadores. if i'm just chillin, rum and coke. any rum will do... they all taste bad by themselves and mix well with coke. a friend of mine also got me somewhat hooked on gin and tonics which is weird because i hate gin. but hey, thats the magic of mixing i guess.

Correct, if you go to a bar, they do not use that much (at a bar, they'll come out to about 4 - 6 shots). That is just how I make them at home. Also, bars use vodka rather than everclear, but since vodka is nothing but watered down everclear, I see no point in using vodka. I'd rather use less everclear (so to get the same alcohol content) then have some extra space for the sweet and sour or blue curacao (so it has more flavor).

But yes, it is one of the three strong drinks at a bar. Long Island, AMF, and Tokyo Tea. All three have the same hard liquor in them, they just have different liqueurs and mixers to give different tastes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 11:17:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I like this website to find reviews on alcohol. It isn't great for beer ratings, beeradvocate.com is the best, IMO.

www.proof66.com
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 11:21:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 11:11:55 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/10/2011 2:01:27 AM, jmar8542 wrote:
I hate all beer and spirits...and I'll try anything fruity. Favs are pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

Maybe that's why everyone thinks I'm gay XD

......

How can you hate beer? D:

I disliked beer for the longest time, but that was just because I never found a beer that I liked. After going through about 6 different types of beers and not liking any of them at all, I gave up (that was when I first turned 21).

Then last year, I decided that there must be a beer out there for me somewhere. Since in Oregon, we have a HUGE microbrewing industry, so there are countless different flavors.

I went to the 2010 Oregon Brewers Fest, spent $20, and tried 15 different types of beers, most made here in Oregon (some washington and cali). Out of that, I found 1 that I actually like (Oddly, I don't like the hops in beer, but I love the peat in scotch). I've now noticed that my tastes are changing and I'm liking more kinds of beers. I'll be going again this year and hope to find some more.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 11:27:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 7:52:24 PM, OreEle wrote:
For me it depends on why I'm drinking.

If it is for a party with friends, then it is usually going to be an AMF.

2 oz tequila
2 oz gin
2 oz rum
1 1/2 oz (1 shot) everclear (or clear spring, cheaper)
5 oz sweat and sour mix
3 1/2 oz (more or less, for how much flavor you want) blue curacao.

Rest filled with ice (that comes to about 7 - 7 1/2 shots of alcohol per drink, 1 or 2 should cover your night, unless you need more to reach that fun buzz).

If I want to be cheap, I'll do just everclear and coke.

If I want to do shots while partying with friends, it is usually bourbon (Jim or Jack), sometimes rye (Crown).

Ahh, I totally botched the recepe!

this is the corrected amounts.

2 oz tequila
2 oz gin
2 oz rum
1 1/2 oz (1 shot) everclear (or clear spring, cheaper)
3 oz (more or less, for how much flavor you want) blue curacao.
3 oz sweat and sour mix
3 oz coke (or generic brand)
Put in a 20 oz glass and top with ice, or if you don't like ice in your drinks (I don't, since it means I have to use a straw and I don't like straws, I'm a strawist), than add more of each ingredent.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 12:33:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/9/2011 6:38:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Cranberry Bomb (Cranberry Juice & Vodka)
Jagerbomb (Jager & Pepsi)
Carolans Irish Creme

Oh yeah, and, I'm the biggest alcoholic on this site.

Yeah, you badger and cosmic. Think cosmic is the biggest though.