Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The most intelligent person on debate.org ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:26:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is who. I am curious. I see that this young lady is the number one debater.
Danielle. But is she really the most intelligent person on this forum.
No offense. But you cant be serious. =/
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:34:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:26:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
Is who. I am curious. I see that this young lady is the number one debater.
Danielle. But is she really the most intelligent person on this forum.
No offense. But you cant be serious. =/

I wanna quote everything you say cause it's so funny.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:37:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:28:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
What, women can't be intelligent? That's not sexist at all...

I don't think that is what he was getting at, but who knows?

Really, no one is going to pick a single individual to prop up as "the most intelligent on DDO." We may put up a "best debater" every year, but that is about as close as it is going to get.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:38:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:37:15 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:28:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
What, women can't be intelligent? That's not sexist at all...

I don't think that is what he was getting at, but who knows?

Really, no one is going to pick a single individual to prop up as "the most intelligent on DDO." We may put up a "best debater" every year, but that is about as close as it is going to get.

The really intelligent find DDO boring, amusing at best.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:39:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:26:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
Is who. I am curious. I see that this young lady is the number one debater.
Danielle. But is she really the most intelligent person on this forum.
No offense. But you cant be serious. =/

I dunno who the smartest is, but I have a pretty good idea of who the dumbest is :)
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:40:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who I think the smartest people on DDO are, in no order:

Kleptin, RoyLathum, Koopin, Puck, Grape, Cody_Franklin, J.Kenyon, (as well as CosmicAlfonzo and myself since we have been called, out of all the DDO members, by Eris)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:41:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:40:14 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Who I think the smartest people on DDO are, in no order:

Kleptin, RoyLathum, Koopin, Puck, Grape, Cody_Franklin, J.Kenyon, (as well as CosmicAlfonzo and myself since we have been called, out of all the DDO members, by Eris)

There's a difference between being intelligent and being enlightened.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:42:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:37:42 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Intelligence is subjective.

This is true. But so is the perception of all concepts and discarding them all for that reason would make communication impossible. Language is a consensus and there is indeed a general consensus around what "Intelligence" means.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:49:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:46:24 PM, interrogator wrote:
I was not implying that because Danielle is a female, that she cannot be considered
intelligent. Thank you.

There's no way you're a real person. http://i956.photobucket.com...

Troll harder, brah.
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:53:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:42:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:37:42 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Intelligence is subjective.

This is true. But so is the perception of all concepts and discarding them all for that reason would make communication impossible. Language is a consensus and there is indeed a general consensus around what "Intelligence" means.

You also really don't know the level of intelligence of several members, myself included, because I know that I don't try to flare it, I don't do debates, I just post on the forums and if you're gauging your opinion of how intelligent I am based on that, that in itself shows your lack of depth in thinking.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:04:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There are at least 30 people here who are smart enough that it's pointless to try to compare them. Danielle is definitely on that list.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:21:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
(to the tune of Beauty and the Beast's "Be my guest")
you've been trolled
you've been trolled
you have probably been told
don't reply
to this guy
he is just getting a rise
out you
yes its true
you respond and thats his cue
to start trouble on the double
while he strokes his manly stubble
you've been trolled
you've been trolled
you should probably just fold
when the only winning move is not to play
and yet you keep on trying
mindlessly replying
you've been trolled
you've been trolled
have a nice day
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:39:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 6:24:28 PM, interrogator wrote:
Thaddeus. Are you a cat, or some critter from that Pokemon cartoon. Ha, ha, ha.
I am a wizard dragon who disguised himself amongst mortals as a combination of two things they hold most dear; pokemon and adorable kittys.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:59:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Intelligence is really subjective as people have said, and there are clearly a lot of clever people here. I suppose we could all do some kind of online IQ test, screenshot our results and have a mental d1ck waving contest. I got 140 on the facebook one.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 6:02:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 6:04:32 PM, Grape wrote:
There are at least 30 people here who are smart enough that it's pointless to try to compare them. Danielle is definitely on that list.

This.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zealous1
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 4:02:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let me guess, you got really trolled?

Anyways, I nominate myself as the smartest! (Yeah, I'm kidding)

I kind of agree that it's a bit... um... weird, that Danielle is the top debater. From the pictures of her, she doesn't look like one, lol.

But anyways it's impossible to tell who the most intelligent person is. It could be some kid who lost all his rounds because his voters didn't even understand his intelligence, lol.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 4:05:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 4:02:42 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
It could be some kid who lost all his rounds because his voters didn't even understand his intelligence, lol.

Godsands?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 4:51:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 4:02:42 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
Let me guess, you got really trolled?

Anyways, I nominate myself as the smartest! (Yeah, I'm kidding)

I kind of agree that it's a bit... um... weird, that Danielle is the top debater. From the pictures of her, she doesn't look like one, lol.

But anyways it's impossible to tell who the most intelligent person is. It could be some kid who lost all his rounds because his voters didn't even understand his intelligence, lol.

Why? How would appearances portray intelligence at all?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
resolutionsmasher
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:56:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 4:02:42 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
Let me guess, you got really trolled?

Anyways, I nominate myself as the smartest! (Yeah, I'm kidding)

I kind of agree that it's a bit... um... weird, that Danielle is the top debater. From the pictures of her, she doesn't look like one, lol.

But anyways it's impossible to tell who the most intelligent person is. It could be some kid who lost all his rounds because his voters didn't even understand his intelligence, lol.

By the formula used to figure it, you could hve the second to worst winning percentage and still be #1, how you ask? They have a freakin' ton of debates under their belt. I think half of the #1's we've seen have actually had a positive win/lose spread.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
resolutionsmasher
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:59:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Logical Master and Kleptin have been some of the most intelligent debaters here in my opinion. Not because they know alot, but because they can prove whatever they want by using whatever it is that they do know. Just cause you know a lot of trivia doesn't mean that you are the smartest here. You are the smartest here if you are logical, respectful, resourceful, dedicated, and intuitive.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.