Jump to topic:

The Opera Project

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:28:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As you may or may not know, I am a pirating lord possessing 5 TB of data. Since i have already acquired HD versions of every top 250 movie on IMDB as well as numerous other films, classical music, PC Games, TV Shows (including various 90's shows), I have a new quest to obtain a screenplay of every famous opera and then find/create subtitles for each one.

I currently have 50+ torrents going and am looking for decent screenplay torrents of famous operas that you know about.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:31:03 PM
At 3/23/2011 10:28:50 PM, askbob wrote:
As you may or may not know, I am a pirating lord possessing 5 TB of data. Since i have already acquired HD versions of every top 250 movie on IMDB as well as numerous other films, classical music, PC Games, TV Shows (including various 90's shows), I have a new quest to obtain a screenplay of every famous opera and then find/create subtitles for each one.

I currently have 50+ torrents going and am looking for decent screenplay torrents of famous operas that you know about.

Reported to the cyber police.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 11:46:15 PM
Haha, I'm a pirating lord too. I'm up to 1.5 TB.

I don't know anything about Opera though, so I can't help you.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Awed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:05:09 PM
In all seriousness, what do you actually gain from having all the data for all these torrents? Are you paid for it?

And you should probably get Don Giovanni, Marriage of Figaro, The Barber Of Seville, and Porgy and Bess, just to name a few.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:20:22 PM
At 3/23/2011 10:31:03 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Reported to the cyber police.

cyber police? lol
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:22:06 PM
Do you have HD episodes of Gossip Girl? New episodes are posted on the CW website, but there must be at least 15 minutes worth of advertisements there. Megavideo is pretty solid, but certainly not HD, and sometimes they get mad at me if I watch over 72 minutes of video.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:22:50 PM
Note that while the above post is 100% serious, I don't really expect such a hunk of a man as askbob to have episodes of that show.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 9:47:49 AM
haha no i do not have gossip girl LOL
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 2:06:26 PM
At 3/27/2011 6:46:54 AM, badger wrote:
you're just a dude with a computer askbob. i'm a pirate lord ;)

I drink rum on a daily basis, i substitute the word yar for yes, and I pirate on the seven seas of the internet.

I am askbob, pirate lord.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 2:15:42 PM
If you're looking for just sheer volume go with Wagner. If you want a quality collection, that's another story. I don't like Puccini so much, but he is the most popular for opera. Specific really good operas - Aida, Don Giovanni, La Cosi Fan Tutti, The Magic Flute, and if you want a couple that are in English there Turn of the Screw, and Pilgrims Progress. There are lots more too.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 9:12:39 PM
Lol I thought you mean Oprah Winfrey.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 9:35:29 PM
At 3/27/2011 2:15:42 PM, innomen wrote:
If you're looking for just sheer volume go with Wagner. If you want a quality collection, that's another story. I don't like Puccini so much, but he is the most popular for opera. Specific really good operas - Aida, Don Giovanni, La Cosi Fan Tutti, The Magic Flute, and if you want a couple that are in English there Turn of the Screw, and Pilgrims Progress. There are lots more too.

I figured you'd be better with musical theater ;)
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 9:51:41 PM
At 3/27/2011 9:12:39 PM, phantom wrote:
Lol I thought you mean Oprah Winfrey.

This. I was disappointed for 3.8 seconds.
kfc
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 10:28:26 PM
As you may or may not know, I am a pirating lord possessing 5 TB of data. Since i have already acquired HD versions of every top 250 movie on IMDB

What sources did you use?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 7:38:03 PM
At 3/27/2011 2:06:26 PM, askbob wrote:
At 3/27/2011 6:46:54 AM, badger wrote:
you're just a dude with a computer askbob. i'm a pirate lord ;)

I drink rum on a daily basis, i substitute the word yar for yes, and I pirate on the seven seas of the internet.

I am askbob, internet pirate lord.

loses it's ring...
signature
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 7:45:41 PM
At 3/27/2011 10:28:26 PM, Nags wrote:
As you may or may not know, I am a pirating lord possessing 5 TB of data. Since i have already acquired HD versions of every top 250 movie on IMDB

www.btjunkie.org
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 7:48:33 PM
At 3/28/2011 7:45:41 PM, askbob wrote:
At 3/27/2011 10:28:26 PM, Nags wrote:

www.btjunkie.org

did i ever thank you for that site actually? if i didn't.. cheers bud.
signature