Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

before the end of your life

annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 11:54:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Before I die, I hope to graduate from college with a Ph.D. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 11:56:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I hope to become a millionaire. Not like after a lifetime of earning, i mean at one point in my life i wish to possess a million dollars all at once.

I also hope to live long enough to read the ending of hajime no ippo the manga
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 12:00:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 11:56:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Find the truth.

This, plus achieving the maximal amount of partying and enjoyment my life permits.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 12:01:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 12:00:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/23/2011 11:56:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Find the truth.

This, plus achieving the maximal amount of partying and enjoyment my life permits.

You won't find the truth though...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 12:02:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 12:01:15 AM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Two chicks at the same time. Preferably sisters. And Swedish for that matter. TWINS! Swedish twins!

It doesn't bother you, that you are basically watching incest?
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 12:04:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 12:02:11 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:01:15 AM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Two chicks at the same time. Preferably sisters. And Swedish for that matter. TWINS! Swedish twins!

It doesn't bother you, that you are basically watching incest?

lol
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 12:05:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 12:02:11 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:01:15 AM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Two chicks at the same time. Preferably sisters. And Swedish for that matter. TWINS! Swedish twins!

It doesn't bother you, that you are basically watching incest?

Not at all. I don't plan to do much watching though
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:01:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 12:01:19 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:00:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/23/2011 11:56:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Find the truth.

This, plus achieving the maximal amount of partying and enjoyment my life permits.

You won't find the truth though...

What makes you think this?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 4:31:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 12:00:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/23/2011 11:56:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Find the truth.

This, plus achieving the maximal amount of partying and enjoyment my life permits.

You will find that there is a diminishing return on fun and its role in happiness to a point where it is actually detrimental to achieving happiness. Happiness is a far greater value than Fun. Trust me, i know several people that never got out of that mode, and they're fairly pathetic.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 4:57:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 4:35:20 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I want that one moment. You know--that one moment where all you can think is, "This is the crowning moment of my existence. Nothing can surpass this, and no amount of pain can make this any less sweet."

I hope never to have such a thing.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:00:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 4:35:20 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I want that one moment. You know--that one moment where all you can think is, "This is the crowning moment of my existence. Nothing can surpass this, and no amount of pain can make this any less sweet."

Optimally, I would each moment in life to be one of these, each sucessively better.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:01:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 4:57:11 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/24/2011 4:35:20 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I want that one moment. You know--that one moment where all you can think is, "This is the crowning moment of my existence. Nothing can surpass this, and no amount of pain can make this any less sweet."

I hope never to have such a thing.

Well, such an event, were it a "crowning moment", would likely culminate in my death.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:09:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 5:01:40 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 3/24/2011 4:57:11 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/24/2011 4:35:20 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I want that one moment. You know--that one moment where all you can think is, "This is the crowning moment of my existence. Nothing can surpass this, and no amount of pain can make this any less sweet."

I hope never to have such a thing.

Well, such an event, were it a "crowning moment", would likely culminate in my death.

You would hope.

Most people hope for this thing, in-fact, they shape their life around...always striving for THAT THING...that thing which will be eventual...

But it is a delusion. There is no thing. You will fight your whole life for it and it will never come and when you've gone through everything you thought would bring you there you will be sad and you will be angry, because you feel as if it was all a scam...and it was a scam...you fell for it, always being egged on; "it's there, you'll get there, just keep your eye on it!"

Meanwhile, you missed the whole thing. Everything went by and you missed it. It turns out the purpose of it all wasn't in the end but all through-out, like a song. We don't listen to music so we eventually get to that last chord, it is something which is meant for the whole.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:13:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 5:09:55 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/24/2011 5:01:40 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 3/24/2011 4:57:11 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/24/2011 4:35:20 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I want that one moment. You know--that one moment where all you can think is, "This is the crowning moment of my existence. Nothing can surpass this, and no amount of pain can make this any less sweet."

I hope never to have such a thing.

Well, such an event, were it a "crowning moment", would likely culminate in my death.

You would hope.

Most people hope for this thing, in-fact, they shape their life around...always striving for THAT THING...that thing which will be eventual...

But it is a delusion. There is no thing. You will fight your whole life for it and it will never come and when you've gone through everything you thought would bring you there you will be sad and you will be angry, because you feel as if it was all a scam...and it was a scam...you fell for it, always being egged on; "it's there, you'll get there, just keep your eye on it!"

Meanwhile, you missed the whole thing. Everything went by and you missed it. It turns out the purpose of it all wasn't in the end but all through-out, like a song. We don't listen to music so we eventually get to that last chord, it is something which is meant for the whole.

I'm assuming this is a rather roundabout way of restating that whole "it's not the end, it's the journey" thing we discussed the previous morning?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:14:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 5:13:08 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm assuming this is a rather roundabout way of restating that whole "it's not the end, it's the journey" thing we discussed the previous morning?

I don't remember the conversation.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:14:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 1:01:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:01:19 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:00:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/23/2011 11:56:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Find the truth.

This, plus achieving the maximal amount of partying and enjoyment my life permits.

You won't find the truth though...

What makes you think this?

The real truth is many hundreds, possibly thousands of years away.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:15:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 5:14:25 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/24/2011 5:13:08 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm assuming this is a rather roundabout way of restating that whole "it's not the end, it's the journey" thing we discussed the previous morning?

I don't remember the conversation.

The aforementioned statement of yours is the only part I remember.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:46:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 5:14:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/24/2011 1:01:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:01:19 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:00:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/23/2011 11:56:39 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Find the truth.

This, plus achieving the maximal amount of partying and enjoyment my life permits.

You won't find the truth though...

What makes you think this?

The real truth is many hundreds, possibly thousands of years away.

You're making an unfounded assumption.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:53:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
get married to my girlfriend
have two children
retire before the age of 45
possess 3 million dollars
travel to every country in the world
open my own restaurant
become a highschool teacher teaching financial literacy
grow old with my wife
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 12:44:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
my boss asked me what i wanted to do with my life today.. during a bit of a reprimanding..

i hadn't a clue what to say lol.. take an abundance of drugs and have an abundance of sex i was thinking of saying.. didn't think it'd go down to well though.. and i'd say i'm on the verge of a drug test as it is lol..

in the end i told him i hadn't a clue.. and he said "well you'd better get a clue" and that was pretty much the end of our little meeting..

...i've still got nothing? commit suicide?
signature
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:03:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 1:01:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/24/2011 12:01:19 AM, tvellalott wrote:
You won't find the truth though...

What makes you think this?

The real truth is many hundreds, possibly thousands of years away.

You're making an unfounded assumption.

If "truth" is unconstrained by a particular perspective... if it is Universal/Absolute

then, whether you happen to get it or not.. I'd say you'd never have legitimate claim to Knowing that you know Truth...

Even If the way you see things happens to actually be Absolutely characteristic of the nature of things.. You'd never be able to have reason for saying so.

you could never do away with the possibility that such beliefs are simply reliant upon your particular perspective.. and Don't reach to any Pure Objectivity.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."