emancipation

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 4:24:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 4:16:04 PM, laleona89 wrote:
do you think that a teen under 18 should be allowed to divorce their parents or no why?

Not without logical reasoning. They shouldn't be able to simply because they want to. Children have a nack for being illogical and unreasonible and making decisions without even bothering to think of the consequences.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
laleona89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 6:17:01 PM
I do think they should under some circumstances, for example if they aren't emotionally or physically stable there, and if they are able to maintain themselves.
Or maybe only under the condition that they can maintain themselves and with that they can leave their parent's house and live alone.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 11:11:19 AM
I think if they want to leave let them. If they want to find other family to live with then do so. But the responsibility for getting there should go to the child. That's not to say if they wanna live with grandma, and grandma pays for the ticket to get jack that it shouldn't be allowed, but rather, granny doesn't -have- to pay.
If kids make bad choices and starve, its natural selection.

All putting laws on it does is make it oppressive, and very easy for abusive parents to keep, or regain their children.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 8:13:28 PM
At 4/6/2011 4:16:04 PM, laleona89 wrote:
do you think that a teen under 18 should be allowed to divorce their parents or no why?

Definitely, in any case of abuse including bigotry if a child finds he/she is gay and the parents believe that is a disease they must force a 'cure' upon the child.

I never cease to be dismayed all all the abuses parents get away with inflicting on their children, from religious indoctrination to exposing their children to secondhand smoke to encouraging greed and jealousy. There are quite a variety of cases for which a child should be permitted to legally disown/divorce/whatever-you-want-to-call-it-to-legally-separate from their parents.