Jump to topic:

Osama buried at sea...

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:46:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Did they release a photo of his dead body? If they did, could you link it? If they didn't, why put themselves at risk of another round of stupid conspiracies......
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:18:41 PM
At 5/2/2011 10:46:18 AM, Indophile wrote:
Did they release a photo of his dead body? If they did, could you link it? If they didn't, why put themselves at risk of another round of stupid conspiracies......

They have not released a photo yet, though it probably won't be too long. I mean, it was just announced yesterday, they usually like to dress the body up, bondo up the bullet holes and such, not just send out the pix of him lying on the floor with half his face gone and a US soldier giving the "victory" hand sign.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:24:11 PM
A photo of the dead body does not refute the conspiracy theories. The conspiracists say that they have the actual body, but that his body has been frozen for 8 years. They'll likely roughen him up a bit to look like he is battle worn.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:26:45 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:24:11 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
A photo of the dead body does not refute the conspiracy theories. The conspiracists say that they have the actual body, but that his body has been frozen for 8 years. They'll likely roughen him up a bit to look like he is battle worn.

I am so, SO glad you are talking about the conspiracy theorists in the third person.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:36:43 PM
Why do you want photo's? Do you know anything about guns? Military bullets explode inside of the flesh it hits. He was shot in the head, so he will be unidentifiable. Pics won't confirm anything.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:45:27 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:36:43 PM, Koopin wrote:
Why do you want photo's? Do you know anything about guns? Military bullets explode inside of the flesh it hits. He was shot in the head, so he will be unidentifiable. Pics won't confirm anything.

Not really. They don't "explode" so to say, but rather as shockwaves and fragments (broken by the force of the impact, rather than any kind of exploding feature) travel through tissue, it creates a cone of destruction as it passes through the body (one reason way exit wonds are much larger than entry wounds, another reason is that if the bullet doesn't fragment, it will yaw and tumble after it hits).

http://en.wikipedia.org...

If he was shot in the forehead, it would be likely that his face is still in tact, while the back of his head was blown out (of course, if he was shot in the back of the head, the opposite whould be noticed).
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:16:36 PM
At 5/2/2011 10:46:18 AM, Indophile wrote:
Did they release a photo of his dead body? If they did, could you link it? If they didn't, why put themselves at risk of another round of stupid conspiracies......:

That's exactly what I said to a friend on the phone a few hours ago. I'm sure there are photos, but they don't want to leak that. A lot of Muslims are already pissed off that the US did not give them a proper burial (has to be buried within 24 hours of death with no embalming solution). The second option is a burial at sea.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:17:20 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:22:20 PM, Kinesis wrote:
lol @ thinking a photo would convince conspiracy theorists.:

Win.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:20:05 PM
At 5/2/2011 12:36:43 PM, Koopin wrote:
Why do you want photo's? Do you know anything about guns? Military bullets explode inside of the flesh it hits. He was shot in the head, so he will be unidentifiable. Pics won't confirm anything.:

He was reportedly shot through the left eye, and the exit wound was supposedly pretty nasty. The report states that he fought them in a gun battle for about 40 minutes before a DevGru SEAL tagged him in right in the eyeball.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:51:51 PM
The burial was definitely not along 'Islamic practices and traditions'. Sea burials are permitted only when death takes place in voyage and it is not possible to preserve the body of the person till they reach land.

http://af.reuters.com...
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:00:05 PM
At 5/2/2011 1:51:51 PM, baggins wrote:
The burial was definitely not along 'Islamic practices and traditions'. Sea burials are permitted only when death takes place in voyage and it is not possible to preserve the body of the person till they reach land.

http://af.reuters.com...:

Yeah, that's clearly way worse than hacking up and burning bodies, stringing the charred remains from a bridge, and whacking it like a pinata.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:08:20 PM
lol @ thinking a photo would convince conspiracy theorists.

That's funny, conspiracy theorists think the same thing about skeptics. Everytime we present photographic evidence, they raise the goalpost and says that's not good enough.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:13:48 PM
At 5/2/2011 2:00:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 5/2/2011 1:51:51 PM, baggins wrote:

http://af.reuters.com...:

Yeah, that's clearly way worse than hacking up and burning bodies, stringing the charred remains from a bridge, and whacking it like a pinata.

So, is that the way you bury your dead?

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:44:17 PM
At 5/2/2011 2:08:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

That's funny, conspiracy theorists think the same thing about skeptics. Everytime we present photographic evidence, they raise the goalpost and says that's not good enough.

Photographic evidence of what?

I've seen video evidence-- that other people say the same silly things you do. I haven't seen evidence that they are true.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:49:17 PM
Apparently they buried him at sea because they didn't want a shrine to be made of him for people to come and worship him.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:52:06 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:49:17 PM, phantom wrote:
Apparently they buried him at sea because they didn't want a shrine to be made of him for people to come and worship him.

why not? then we know who are next targets are by who visits the shrine
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:53:34 PM

And they wanted something that wouldn't be TOO offensive to islam. After all, we want the guy dead with as little backlash as possible.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:55:19 PM
plus it's much quieter at sea so you couldn't hear his screams as he was being tortured and pissed on
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:58:29 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:53:34 PM, OreEle wrote:

And they wanted something that wouldn't be TOO offensive to islam. After all, we want the guy dead with as little backlash as possible.

We should have shaved off his eye brows, cut off his head, dyed his hair pink then put his head on a pole and peed all over it then put it on TV.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 1:14:46 AM
It is a pity that the criteria Americans do what is best for them. So you did 'something that wouldn't be TOO offensive to islam' to prevent backlash and threw him in sea to prevent 'a shrine to be made'.

Do you ever think along the line - what is the right thing to do?

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 1:18:02 AM
At 5/2/2011 2:08:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

It doesn't really count when the goalposts aren't even in sight when you shout SCORE!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 1:54:48 AM
At 5/3/2011 1:14:46 AM, baggins wrote:
It is a pity that the criteria Americans do what is best for them. So you did 'something that wouldn't be TOO offensive to islam' to prevent backlash and threw him in sea to prevent 'a shrine to be made'.

Do you ever think along the line - what is the right thing to do?

What do you claim the right thing to do is?

Have a special forces team consult Islamic scholars to figure out minutiae?

I would say the right thing to do IS what is best for the doer.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 5:21:04 AM
At 5/3/2011 1:54:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise (Luke 6:31)

Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and enter the garden should die with faith in Allah and the Last Day and should treat the people as he wishes to be treated by them. (Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace on Him) ) (Muslim)

twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 5:40:27 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:55:19 PM, askbob wrote:
plus it's much quieter at sea so you couldn't hear his screams as he was being tortured and pissed on

LOL, that is classic!
reddj2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 8:01:12 PM
At 5/3/2011 5:21:04 AM, baggins wrote:
At 5/3/2011 1:54:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise (Luke 6:31)

Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and enter the garden should die with faith in Allah and the Last Day and should treat the people as he wishes to be treated by them. (Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace on Him) ) (Muslim)

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 12:24:52 PM
Al Qaeda announced that bn Laden is dead. That does nothing for conspiracy theorists, who will take it as evidence that al Qaeda is part of the conspiracy.

Sen Imhofe saw the photos. He said the bullet entered an eye socket and exited behind the opposite ear. He thought the photo of the cleaned up body was not too gruesome to make public, but that the ones in the house were. I think that Obama has spent way too much time "spiking the football" and we should forget it and move on.

Giving bin Laden a respectful burial was probably an idea of the military. The military tends to believe that evil warriors are warriors, and entitled to respect in death. They have no problem hastening that death, of course.

In WWII, the body of one kamikaze suicide bomber was recovered, from the wreckage of his plane on an American ship. The captain ordered that a Japanese flag be made and that the Japanese national anthem be played when the body was buried at sea. This was at the height of the War when passions could not have been greater.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 1:46:16 PM
At 5/13/2011 12:24:52 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Al Qaeda announced that bn Laden is dead. That does nothing for conspiracy theorists, who will take it as evidence that al Qaeda is part of the conspiracy.

I find it healthier for my mind to stop after a certain threshold. If it doesn't affect me intellectually, I don't care if the whole shebang is just one big conspiracy.

Sen Imhofe saw the photos. He said the bullet entered an eye socket and exited behind the opposite ear. He thought the photo of the cleaned up body was not too gruesome to make public, but that the ones in the house were. I think that Obama has spent way too much time "spiking the football" and we should forget it and move on.

Giving bin Laden a respectful burial was probably an idea of the military. The military tends to believe that evil warriors are warriors, and entitled to respect in death. They have no problem hastening that death, of course.

In WWII, the body of one kamikaze suicide bomber was recovered, from the wreckage of his plane on an American ship. The captain ordered that a Japanese flag be made and that the Japanese national anthem be played when the body was buried at sea. This was at the height of the War when passions could not have been greater.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 10:23:56 PM
Have you guys ever seen someone shoot a bucket of water with a rifle? Notice how the water spalshed everywhere? The brain is 90% water......so was Osama's. I don't think he can be patched up and he won't be recognizable.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 2:42:54 AM
At 5/13/2011 12:24:52 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Giving bin Laden a respectful burial was probably an idea of the military...

Highly unlikely. In case of OBL, the order must have come from Obama and his team. I just don't see military deciding on its own how and when to bury him.