Jump to topic:

Ever been banned?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 2:54:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Have you ever been banned from a website? If so, why? What were the reasons officially given? What do you think the real reasons were?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:01:23 PM
Aside from my thread in Education...

I've been temp banned from /b for reasons I don't remember, temp banned from some game forums and permabanned from others quite legitimately for trolling the moderators, banned from Encyclopedia Dramatica for jokes that were poorly done, banned from NationStates forums for I don't remember what, banned from Gaia Online for 3 months in my more Nietzschean amoral days for defending rape (Though I obviously disagree with that position now, I still don't think they should have banned over it)....
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:03:31 PM
At 5/19/2011 3:01:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I've been temp banned from /b for reasons I don't remember, temp banned from some game forums and permabanned from others quite legitimately for trolling the moderators, banned from Encyclopedia Dramatica for jokes that were poorly done, banned from NationStates forums for I don't remember what, banned from Gaia Online for 3 months in my more Nietzschean amoral days for defending rape (Though I obviously disagree with that position now, I still don't think they should have banned over it)....

Wait... you changed your mind on something? Were you previously wrong?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:06:53 PM
At 5/19/2011 3:03:31 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/19/2011 3:01:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Wait... you changed your mind on something? Were you previously wrong?
Yes, I was previously wrong. Clearly, I am no longer a Nietzschean amoralist.

I'm also no longer a Mormon, used to be one of those even longer ago.

At one point I was even a fan of democracy!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:08:17 PM
At 5/19/2011 3:07:32 PM, badger wrote:
i was banned from ddo for posting hitler among other words in the comment section of a debate.

phil didn't like the word hitler?
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:10:52 PM
At 5/19/2011 3:07:32 PM, badger wrote:
i was banned from ddo for posting hitler among other words in the comment section of a debate.

That reminds me, I think I was banned from here for about a day when they got confused and thought I was multiaccounting.

I was banned from a game once for the same offense. Unbeknownst to them I WAS multiaccounting there, but I wasn't a multiaccount of the guy they thought I was a multiaccount of, and I covered my tracks with proxies. They never found any evidence until I admitted it and hence got off scot free a long time later. ^_^.

I was banned from Wow for about 72 hours I think because some guy I was fighting got stuck and they thought I was "Exploiting." I had no idea how the guy got stuck.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:13:26 PM
Nope.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:17:06 PM
Just Facebook. They said it was because of a fake name, but know the real reason is because I pissed off too many Jihadists and got mass reported; I was even listed on their "Report It" pages which target all Anti-Islamic material. It's ok though, I have made two new accounts since then and I was just going through a weird angry phase then so I don't have to worry about being banned again. :)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:23:03 PM
I've only been banned from political forums, and only because of disputes with the owners.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:29:04 PM
At 5/19/2011 3:24:03 PM, Kinesis wrote:
I had a previous account on this site that was banned. I'm not sure if I should admit that, though.

There are several people that have multiple accounts. I think that so long as you are not still using it, the staff is not going to be caring.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:37:09 PM
At 5/19/2011 3:29:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/19/2011 3:24:03 PM, Kinesis wrote:
I had a previous account on this site that was banned. I'm not sure if I should admit that, though.

There are several people that have multiple accounts. I think that so long as you are not still using it, the staff is not going to be caring.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it's when you're using two at once to vote-bomb and such when it becomes a problem.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:41:41 PM
last year a group of us spammed a website koopin told us to. Idk if I was banned but I wasn't allowed to post anything.

The reasons given were
1) Talking about PETA
2) Spam
3) Posting too quickly
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2011 3:43:44 PM
I was also banned from a group in facebook, because this one guy didn't like me, and INH's friend was dumb.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 12:45:35 AM
I have actually been on this site for about three years, my account got banned though so I made this one...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:05:14 AM
I got a temp ban on Nationstates forums for posting a picture of a stick figure ejaculating on a computer monitor accompanies by the text: "OP's been trollgasming since he made this thread."

Been banned on 4chan multiple times because my ip address is dynamic.

Almost got banned VirtualTeen forums for getting into a 'shouting match' with a user I'd had a grudge with for a while. Thing is, he got promoted to a mod (which still baffles me).

Got permabanned on Revleft for talking about capitalism.

All I can remember.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:06:57 AM
never been banned before
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:07:52 AM
Yahoo Answers: 20-30 times.
Debate.org: About 10 times.
Miscellaneous forums: About 5 times.
4chan: 2 times.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:09:09 AM
At 5/20/2011 3:05:14 AM, Korashk wrote:

http://www.revleft.com...;

Hmm I wonder what askbob is going to do?

Then again permabanning me would probably stop me...oh wait!
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:10:33 AM
This Community is open to all leftists. Right-wingers are not welcome, but tolerated within the 'Opposing Ideologies' forum. Right-wing messages will be ignored or deleted in all other forums and the author will be banned. If you are a right-winger or convinced capitalist and can accept this rule, good. If not, f*ck off and never come back!

I'm so scared
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:12:37 AM
At 5/20/2011 3:10:33 AM, askbob wrote:
This Community is open to all leftists. Right-wingers are not welcome, but tolerated within the 'Opposing Ideologies' forum. Right-wing messages will be ignored or deleted in all other forums and the author will be banned. If you are a right-winger or convinced capitalist and can accept this rule, good. If not, f*ck off and never come back!

I'm so scared

Those seriously are some retarded rules, especially for a site with so much Anarchists. That's why I never joined.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:13:58 AM
At 5/20/2011 3:05:14 AM, Korashk wrote:

Seriously? They only restricted me. I still post there once in awhile, lol.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 3:15:37 AM
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you oped to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Holy fvck nazi site?
Kinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 8:41:35 AM
I got banned from a two gaming forums for "trolling/hateful talk". Apparently, disagreeing with admins is "hateful talk"".
The post above this is false.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 9:04:17 AM
At 5/20/2011 8:41:35 AM, Kinger wrote:
I got banned from a two gaming forums for "trolling/hateful talk". Apparently, disagreeing with admins is "hateful talk"".

Back in the '90s, during the mIRC days, I used to write scripts that had integrated weapons (e.g., flooding) that I could use against people to try and bounce them offline or otherwise screw up their ability to use the forums. I got k-lined from a server or two back then, but it was well worth the fun of being able to attack people in a physical sense by launching errant commands at them and watching them lose their connection (which was a much bigger deal in dial-up days).
kfc