Memorial Day is overrated ?

interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 5:03:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It use to be the junk back in the days. Now most people work or
stay at home sitting their bottoms on the couch watching tv. I am going to do some barbecue myself. Ribs that is. Would you like to join me and my friends. =) Anyway. I go in the stores and
everything is red, white, and blue. Can you say money ? It is so
commercialized now it is not even funny. Oh well, it is really about
the soldiers. What do you think ? Is Memorial Day overrated ?
Im here.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 8:03:16 PM
anything that gets me a day off is alright in my book i don't care what its for
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 9:39:28 PM
At 5/26/2011 5:03:58 PM, interrogator wrote:
It use to be the junk back in the days. Now most people work or
stay at home sitting their bottoms on the couch watching tv. I am going to do some barbecue myself. Ribs that is. Would you like to join me and my friends. =) Anyway. I go in the stores and
everything is red, white, and blue. Can you say money ? It is so
commercialized now it is not even funny. Oh well, it is really about
the soldiers. What do you think ? Is Memorial Day overrated ?
Im here.

It depends on the individual. We go and visit the graves of kin that have fallen in battle. There are two we visit. One goes all the way back to the civil war.

Then all the family gets together and cooks out and spends time together.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 5:55:14 PM
At 5/26/2011 9:39:28 PM, jharry wrote:
We go and visit the graves of kin that have fallen in battle. There are two we visit. One goes all the way back to the civil war.

I bet that's a hoot
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 6:15:51 PM
At 5/27/2011 5:55:14 PM, askbob wrote:
We go and visit the graves of kin that have fallen in battle. There are two we visit. One goes all the way back to the civil war.

I bet that's a hoot

Actually that part isn't, but the get together later that day is. Something like 150 of us when we all get together like that.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 1:45:09 AM

I bet that's a hoot
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Republican95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:35:09 PM
It is disappointing that Memorial Day (which is the most solemn of all federal holidays) has been so commercialized. Thus, it should be moved back to its original date: May 30 as to not allow for the all too convenient three-day weekend.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:38:19 PM
At 5/28/2011 1:45:09 AM, belle wrote:

I bet that's a hoot

I fvcken love the smiths
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 5:53:33 PM
At 5/28/2011 9:35:09 PM, Republican95 wrote:
It is disappointing that Memorial Day (which is the most solemn of all federal holidays) has been so commercialized. Thus, it should be moved back to its original date: May 30 as to not allow for the all too convenient three-day weekend.

It is a shame that it has been commercialized so much. I think it is less what business does but more about the people in general. When shallow people only see it as a day off the honor of the reason behind the day is lost.

Some people still understand the reason behind the holiday. Tomorrow a lot of people will gather at the local civil war cemetery and give honor to those that have fallen in defense of our home.

John 15:13

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.