Jump to topic:

"He's got it!" moments

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 1:12:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When reading someone's writings, whether via a book or blog, etc., have you ever had a moment where you notice that the author thinks exactly the way you want to, or already do? What were you reading and what about it caused you to have a "He's got it!" moment? For me it's happened a few times but most recently I just started reading The Origin of Species, and after just reading Darwin's introduction, I really like his almost OCD kind of intellectual honesty. He repeatedly talks about the possibilty of flaws in his tests and hypotheses to an almost superfluous degree.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 3:35:51 AM
At 7/23/2011 1:12:39 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:
When reading someone's writings, whether via a book or blog, etc., have you ever had a moment where you notice that the author thinks exactly the way you want to, or already do? What were you reading and what about it caused you to have a "He's got it!" moment? For me it's happened a few times but most recently I just started reading The Origin of Species, and after just reading Darwin's introduction, I really like his almost OCD kind of intellectual honesty. He repeatedly talks about the possibilty of flaws in his tests and hypotheses to an almost superfluous degree.

Yes, Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Fascism, validates all my conclusions with lots and lots of facts and history. Up your's Zinn :-P.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 2:00:34 PM
Never heard of any of the authors mentioned. I'll have to do some hardcore googling.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N