Jump to topic:

The Garden of Cosmic Speculation

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 8:51:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Garden of Cosmic Speculation is in Scotland. It's a garden inspired by science and mathematics, with sculptures and landscaping on themes such as Black Holes and Fractals. The garden is not abundant with plants, but sets mathematical formula and scientific phenomena in a setting which elegantly combines natural features and artificial symmetry and curves. It looks awesome, but kind of baffles me that someone would spend so much money on this (it's a private garden only opened once a year to help raise money for cancer).

http://www.stumbleupon.com...
President of DDO
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 10:39:54 PM
I find the 'Garden of Cosmic Speculation' to be very interesting...I especially like its emphasis on science and mathematics, and the swirling roads (represented in chess-like patterns with two differing colors), staircases, set across the green plains. I might even consider visiting there, in Scotland, some day to enjoy the apparent serenity of the place.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 1:43:16 AM
I wonder if they'd let me live there.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 2:15:36 PM
I think most of it looked ugly...

I liked the steps and the one shot with the house in the background, on top of the hill..

otherwise it all looked horrible.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 2:17:13 PM
I like the lanscape in the bridge shot.. and would like to jump that little creek..

but the bridge looks ridiculous, and ruins the whole awesome feel you would get by being there.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 2:18:19 PM
i suppose the pyramid thing's kinda cool though.

Metaphysics: