Jump to topic:

Pin the tail on the troll

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:03:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Recently there as been some impromptu discussion as to whether or not Inferno/Interrogator is a troll.

My contention is that trolling requires intelligence on the part of the troll. I see no evidence of Inferno's intelligence. I happen to believe he's literally every bit as backwards and idiotic as he seems to be. Others believe it's some elaborate ploy where he feigns idiocy (again, I think that gives him way too much credit.

I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter with well-reasoned (and possibly even sourced) examples of the alleged trolling.

As a courtesy to myself and all the other serious debaters, and in keeping of the spirit of this thread, I ask all participants to not respond to Inferno when he pokes his ugly mug in here. Simply ignore him completely in this thread. If you don't, the thread will be derailed, and why allow him to hijack it?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:06:10 AM
Everyone trolls to an extent at some point, but in general I agree with you. Inferno is simply deficient.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:10:26 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:03:52 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Recently there as been some impromptu discussion as to whether or not Inferno/Interrogator is a troll.
It has been definitely established that Inferno/Interrogator is a troll, at least in my perception. Useless threads are created by Inferno, whether about the internet, modern cars, knowledge, and so on.

Besides, his attitude is very much like a troll: he sounds lofty in his speech, writes in an awkard style, and is often dismissive of other opinions [though he could be faking it].

My contention is that trolling requires intelligence on the part of the troll. I see no evidence of Inferno's intelligence. I happen to believe he's literally every bit as backwards and idiotic as he seems to be. Others believe it's some elaborate ploy where he feigns idiocy (again, I think that gives him way too much credit.

I would assume that he was just feigning idiocy, since I have never seen a member like him. Even Izbo10, whose intelligence is nil in regards to logic, reasoning, spelling, grammar, and even debating, seems genuine in his hate to the Christian community. When I read Interrogator/Inferno's work, I read it as a ploy, since it is obvious that Inferno's style of writing precludes any type of intelligence to seep into his words or phrases...

I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter with well-reasoned (and possibly even sourced) examples of the alleged trolling.

As a courtesy to myself and all the other serious debaters, and in keeping of the spirit of this thread, I ask all participants to not respond to Inferno when he pokes his ugly mug in here. Simply ignore him completely in this thread. If you don't, the thread will be derailed, and why allow him to hijack it?

That's why we have the saying, 'Don't feed the troll'.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:16:07 AM

Paradigm Lost. Are you actually an intelligent person ? You do not know anything about anyone on this forum from a personal standpoint. Let alone yourself.
Youre just another insecure, jealous, hypocritical, contradictory moron who whines
whenever you feel as if you are not being seen or heard. This is an issue that you have dealt with all your life and it is indicative of the other unresolved issues
you have with your manhood. Youre weak and you try to compensate for that with your physicality. I suggest you be a man and stop whining like a
baby about who does what on this forum. It is obvious you do not have much substance or a life for that matter. Dont you have anything else to do other than worry about me. I guess not. I rest my case.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:18:53 AM
It has been definitely established that Inferno/Interrogator is a troll, at least in my perception. Useless threads are created by Inferno, whether about the internet, modern cars, knowledge, and so on.:

Does that make him a troll or simply retarded? A troll purposely would do that, with the full knowledge that it's useless. I think he honestly thinks he's being witty with asinine threads about summer bbq's.

Besides, his attitude is very much like a troll: he sounds lofty in his speech, writes in an awkard style, and is often dismissive of other opinions [though he could be faking it].:

No one denies his hubris. No one doubts he suffers from delusions of grandeur. None of that makes him a troll though, it just makes him an arrogant prick. Trolling is an act. I highly doubt he has the level of intelligence to troll.

I would assume that he was just feigning idiocy, since I have never seen a member like him. Even Izbo10, whose intelligence is nil in regards to logic, reasoning, spelling, grammar, and even debating, seems genuine in his hate to the Christian community. When I read Interrogator/Inferno's work, I read it as a ploy, since it is obvious that Inferno's style of writing precludes any type of intelligence to seep into his words or phrases...:

It seems like we have a differing definition of what an internet troll is. Provide me your understanding of what a troll is and we can take it from there.

That's why we have the saying, 'Don't feed the troll'.:

Precisely.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:19:54 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:10:26 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
It has been definitely established that Inferno/Interrogator is a troll, at least in my perception. Useless threads are created by Inferno, whether about the internet, modern cars, knowledge, and so on.

Besides, his attitude is very much like a troll: he sounds lofty in his speech, writes in an awkard style, and is often dismissive of other opinions [though he could be faking it].

I would assume that he was just feigning idiocy, since I have never seen a member like him. Even Izbo10, whose intelligence is nil in regards to logic, reasoning, spelling, grammar, and even debating, seems genuine in his hate to the Christian community. When I read Interrogator/Inferno's work, I read it as a ploy, since it is obvious that Inferno's style of writing precludes any type of intelligence to seep into his words or phrases...

That's why we have the saying, 'Don't feed the troll'.

Man Is Good. The same goes for you as well. Youre a hypocrite and the ultimate jock troll of them all. You are every bit as contradictory as the other guy. You say you hate spinach and then you eat it anyway. This is why you are far less admirable and less effective here on this forum. Whether you like it or not.
So your logic is a epic fail, and noone here takes you seriously. Just another lame duck quacking about who is doing what at DDO. You are such a loser. Get a life.
And go find a girl.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:21:20 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:18:53 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It has been definitely established that Inferno/Interrogator is a troll, at least in my perception. Useless threads are created by Inferno, whether about the internet, modern cars, knowledge, and so on.:

Does that make him a troll or simply retarded? A troll purposely would do that, with the full knowledge that it's useless. I think he honestly thinks he's being witty with asinine threads about summer bbq's.

Besides, his attitude is very much like a troll: he sounds lofty in his speech, writes in an awkard style, and is often dismissive of other opinions [though he could be faking it].:

No one denies his hubris. No one doubts he suffers from delusions of grandeur. None of that makes him a troll though, it just makes him an arrogant prick. Trolling is an act. I highly doubt he has the level of intelligence to troll.

I would assume that he was just feigning idiocy, since I have never seen a member like him. Even Izbo10, whose intelligence is nil in regards to logic, reasoning, spelling, grammar, and even debating, seems genuine in his hate to the Christian community. When I read Interrogator/Inferno's work, I read it as a ploy, since it is obvious that Inferno's style of writing precludes any type of intelligence to seep into his words or phrases...:

It seems like we have a differing definition of what an internet troll is. Provide me your understanding of what a troll is and we can take it from there.

That's why we have the saying, 'Don't feed the troll'.:

Precisely.

Arguing about me again ? Wow, this is good. I see two losers who dont have much of a life talking about how great I am. Keep going. This is getting good.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:22:37 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:06:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Everyone trolls to an extent at some point, but in general I agree with you. Inferno is simply deficient.

Cerebal At least you have the guts to actually admit to trolling yourself. So that makes you look like less of an idiot. Ha, ha, ha.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:22:41 AM

Has anyone, other than Interrogator, thought that he wasn't a troll?

It's not elaborate, it's a simple ploy that many people on the internet do. Believe he is really that dumb is just a way to insult his online persona

"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:24:24 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:19:58 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Heh... That didn't take long at all.

Talking about his comments is basically the same as responding to them.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:27:49 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:22:41 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

It's not elaborate, it's a simple ploy that many people on the internet do. Believe he is really that dumb is just a way to insult his online persona

Ore Ele. You again. You are obviously my biggest fan of them all. It only makes me become that much more effective here. You are doing me a huge favor
whether you know it or not. Your own criticism will backfire, and the greatly. It wil not work, and it has only made me that much more popular. Yes, I know. You hate yourself. But anyway. Keep going. Thanks.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:28:09 AM

Ore Ele. You again. You are obviously my biggest fan of them all. It only makes me become that much more effective here. You are doing me a huge favor
whether you know it or not. Your own criticism will backfire, and greatly. It wil not work, and it has only made me that much more popular. Yes, I know. You hate yourself. But anyway. Keep going. Thanks.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:28:26 AM

Has anyone, other than Interrogator, thought that he wasn't a troll?:

Me and C_N, thus far. But maybe we have different interpretations of what a troll is. I'd be interested in hearing your definition of it. Maybe that's where the disconnect is.

It's not elaborate, it's a simple ploy that many people on the internet do. Believe he is really that dumb is just a way to insult his online persona:

How would you know though? All we have to go by is what is posted. All trolls eventually slip up and give themselves away. How have you determined his online persona from his real life persona?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:30:24 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:28:26 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Me and C_N, thus far. But maybe we have different interpretations of what a troll is. I'd be interested in hearing your definition of it. Maybe that's where the disconnect is.

It's not elaborate, it's a simple ploy that many people on the internet do. Believe he is really that dumb is just a way to insult his online persona:

How would you know though? All we have to go by is what is posted. All trolls eventually slip up and give themselves away. How have you determined his online persona from his real life persona?

Keep going. This is the best !
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:31:37 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:24:24 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/9/2011 9:19:58 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Heh... That didn't take long at all.

Talking about his comments is basically the same as responding to them.

What were you saying again Ore ? Youre jealous of Inferno. LOL
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:41:51 AM

Pradigm Lost. The name is self explanatory. Mr Troll himself and whines and moans about how he hates others. Loser.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:44:41 AM

There is no disconnect in the definition, only in how we interpret his actions (posts).

The same can be asked of you. How would you know that he is actually that dumb? We are both working off the same info, which is what he says on the internet.

Here is why I think it is fake.
1) Without meeting him in real life, there is no way to gather proof, only evidence. And statisitically, most people that act like him are fakers doing it for attention.
2) People that are really that stupid don't like being called stupid over and over again, but he thrives on it. The only people that really push their ignorance are those that have political ignorance (where they think that everyone else is politically stupid), and those people tend to only argue political topics, not "what car do you drive." That leads me to believe this is done out of the need for attention, i.e. troll.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:50:13 AM
Paradigm, this thread in and of itself is an act of troll-ism. Inferno annoys me just as much as the next guy, but to create a whole public discussion about it like a "playground bully session" is unnecessary. The very fact that you made this thread makes you just as crass, rude, and troll-like as him.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:50:50 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:44:41 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

There is no disconnect in the definition, only in how we interpret his actions (posts).

The same can be asked of you. How would you know that he is actually that dumb? We are both working off the same info, which is what he says on the internet.

Here is why I think it is fake.
1) Without meeting him in real life, there is no way to gather proof, only evidence. And statisitically, most people that act like him are fakers doing it for attention.
2) People that are really that stupid don't like being called stupid over and over again, but he thrives on it. The only people that really push their ignorance are those that have political ignorance (where they think that everyone else is politically stupid), and those people tend to only argue political topics, not "what car do you drive." That leads me to believe this is done out of the need for attention, i.e. troll.

Ore. I appreciate you speaking of how great I am. Youre awesome.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 9:59:04 AM
People that are really that stupid don't like being called stupid over and over again, but he thrives on it.:

It looks like a self-defense mechanism to me.

The only people that really push their ignorance are those that have political ignorance (where they think that everyone else is politically stupid), and those people tend to only argue political topics, not "what car do you drive." That leads me to believe this is done out of the need for attention, i.e. troll.:

I don't disagree that he's an attention whore and loves any attention (even negative attention), no doubt compensating for an absent or neglectful daddy.

But to me a troll is someone who purposely espouses beliefs that are counter to their own real views. I.E. Someone says they're a Christian when really they're a foam-at-the-mouth atheist trying to bring discredit upon Christianity, and makes inflammatory comments just to stir sh*t up.

I think Inferno is actually a Christian and is actually mildly retarded. I have serious doubts as to him being clever enough to perpetrate a hoax of this magnitude.

So I guess in this regard, to some degree he exhibits trollish behavior. He likes the attention and he likes to stir sh*t up. I don't believe it's an act though. I think he literally is a self-absorbed dumbass fundy who thinks he's right. In that regard, I can't call him a troll. He's just another dumbass fundy.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:03:09 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:59:04 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
People that are really that stupid don't like being called stupid over and over again, but he thrives on it.:

The only people that really push their ignorance are those that have political ignorance (where they think that everyone else is politically stupid), and those people tend to only argue political topics, not "what car do you drive." That leads me to believe this is done out of the need for attention, i.e. troll.:

I don't disagree that he's an attention whore and loves any attention (even negative attention), no doubt compensating for an absent or neglectful daddy.

But to me a troll is someone who purposely espouses beliefs that are counter to their own real views. I.E. Someone says they're a Christian when really they're a foam-at-the-mouth atheist trying to bring discredit upon Christianity, and makes inflammatory comments just to stir sh*t up.

I think Inferno is actually a Christian and is actually mildly retarded. I have serious doubts as to him being clever enough to perpetrate a hoax of this magnitude.

So I guess in this regard, to some degree he exhibits trollish behavior. He likes the attention and he likes to stir sh*t up. I don't believe it's an act though. I think he literally is a self-absorbed dumbass fundy who thinks he's right. In that regard, I can't call him a troll. He's just another dumbass fundy.

Paradigm. My father was never neglectful to me. But your mother told me that I was great in bed. With that being said, keep going. Youre just making me stronger.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:04:18 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:50:13 AM, 000ike wrote:
Paradigm, this thread in and of itself is an act of troll-ism. Inferno annoys me just as much as the next guy, but to create a whole public discussion about it like a "playground bully session" is unnecessary. The very fact that you made this thread makes you just as crass, rude, and troll-like as him.:

At what point can we discuss the behavior of another member while not simultaneously being a troll? Seems as if you're making that an impossibility.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:05:42 AM
At 8/9/2011 9:59:04 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

See everyone. This is the mind of a child who is still reliving his sad days on
primary school. Nobody wants to play with little ole Paradigm. So he resorts to this type of behavior. Not much of a Man. He is still a boy trapped in a Mans body.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:06:30 AM

A troll is,in my view, a person who constantly spams, insults and attacks the character of other members, creates useless, and arbitrary threads with little meaning, and so on. Basically, the two chief properties of a troll are: lack of productivity combined with a mean/pugnacious demeanor

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:06:54 AM
At 8/9/2011 10:04:18 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/9/2011 9:50:13 AM, 000ike wrote:
Paradigm, this thread in and of itself is an act of troll-ism. Inferno annoys me just as much as the next guy, but to create a whole public discussion about it like a "playground bully session" is unnecessary. The very fact that you made this thread makes you just as crass, rude, and troll-like as him.:

At what point can we discuss the behavior of another member while not simultaneously being a troll? Seems as if you're making that an impossibility.

See everyone. This is your hero. He is a fraud and a hypocrite. The King Of Trolls is indeed Paradigm. <
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:07:44 AM
At 8/9/2011 10:06:30 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

A troll is,in my view, a person who constantly spams, insults and attacks the character of other members, creates useless, and arbitrary threads with little meaning, and so on. Basically, the two chief properties of a troll are: lack of productivity combined with a mean/pugnacious demeanor

Man Is Good is a troll. Give him a hand everyone. (crowd applauding)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:08:58 AM

That would make both paradigm and inferno trolls.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:09:37 AM
At 8/9/2011 10:07:44 AM, inferno wrote:

Man Is Good is a troll. Give him a hand everyone. (crowd applauding)

There is no crowd here, Inferno. Delusions and hallucinations are not welcome to this site.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:10:04 AM
At 8/9/2011 10:08:58 AM, 000ike wrote:

That would make both paradigm and inferno trolls.

Dont forget about 000ike.