Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Ever get tired of reading through Debates?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:52:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, theres a software that you can download that will read it out loud for you. http://www.Ivona.com... you can download the ivona reader. The voices are very clear and realistic. Its only a free 30 day trial though.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:58:19 PM
At 8/15/2011 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
Well, theres a software that you can download that will read it out loud for you. http://www.Ivona.com... you can download the ivona reader. The voices are very clear and realistic. Its only a free 30 day trial though.

Redownload over and over.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 6:34:00 PM
At 8/15/2011 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:

Hmmm. I may try it out.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 6:36:25 PM
Also (I can't check at work so I'm asking questions), can you set it to read Pro as a man and Con as a girl?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 6:48:36 PM
At 8/15/2011 6:36:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also (I can't check at work so I'm asking questions), can you set it to read Pro as a man and Con as a girl?

How it works is, you download the software and it also comes with this perk. It attaches to your web browser and reads whatever you want it to read on that webpage. Its not specifically designed for reading debates, so it won't switch voices unless you press stop, switch the voice, and press play again.

The only thing is that the debaters need to have decent punctuation.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 6:50:02 PM
At 8/15/2011 6:48:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/15/2011 6:36:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

How it works is, you download the software and it also comes with this perk. It attaches to your web browser and reads whatever you want it to read on that webpage. Its not specifically designed for reading debates, so it won't switch voices unless you press stop, switch the voice, and press play again.

The only thing is that the debaters need to have decent punctuation.

Well, worth a try.

I'd love to be able to select a whole debate, then let it play while doing the dishes or something.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"