Jump to topic:

Do you like McDonald's ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:11:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I do. I had one of those angus burgers on yesterday with some fries and a orange soda. I must say it was a step up for the ole Ronald. They are still average if anything though. I can name a ton of places that trump this restaurat for sure.
But for some odd reason, their taste seems to be quite addictive. What do you think ?
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:02:47 AM
I use McDonald's drive-thrus when I'm on a long journey, but that's about it.

By the way, I went to one in a motorway service station in France last week and I was able to order a Big Mac with fries and - get this - a beer!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:05:53 AM
I crave their fries when I'm drunk, and occasionally get one of their new smoothies, coffees or salads... but I can't bring myself to eat any meat from that place for a variety of reasons.
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:06:06 AM
At 8/23/2011 11:02:47 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I use McDonald's drive-thrus when I'm on a long journey, but that's about it.

By the way, I went to one in a motorway service station in France last week and I was able to order a Big Mac with fries and - get this - a beer!

In France ? Are you serious ? Did you really order a beer ? Dang. LOL
ritz2004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:08:45 AM
I love McDonald's! The happy meal prizes are so much better than the crummy ones I used to get though. Not sure if they still have the Mcdonald's party buses but they were the best. Apart from at my friends birthday when Ronald McDonald came on and scared the crap out of me.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:08:54 AM
At 8/23/2011 11:05:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
I crave their fries when I'm drunk, and occasionally get one of their new smoothies, coffees or salads... but I can't bring myself to eat any meat from that place for a variety of reasons.

You should try their stawberry smoothies. They are delicious and very smooth indeed. Their fries have won them over with nearly everyone in the world. So this is perhaps their strongest point when it comes to food and how they measure up against others.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:11:58 AM
At 8/23/2011 11:08:45 AM, ritz2004 wrote:
I love McDonald's! The happy meal prizes are so much better than the crummy ones I used to get though. Not sure if they still have the Mcdonald's party buses but they were the best. Apart from at my friends birthday when Ronald McDonald came on and scared the crap out of me.

Another English Woman on DDO. Why am I not suprised/ Nice to meet you.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:44:16 AM
At 8/23/2011 11:11:58 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/23/2011 11:08:45 AM, ritz2004 wrote:

Another English Woman on DDO. Why am I not suprised/ Nice to meet you.

This site has is much more prominent on UK search engines than it used to be, hence more UK members.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:06:29 PM
McDonalds still makes more money than any other fast food store in the world.
So how come they are number one, and not Hardees, Wendy's, or Burger King.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:09:24 PM
Ahhh, McDonald's...I love the French fries, which are so crispy and, with a drop of ketchup, can taste so good, the sandwiches, and the meals there. But now I prefer the luxury of restaurants in the open Mediterranean or an old Italian bar, where I can drink cappuccino and look at the wall hangings. I have now been cultured, and no longer desire the improvidence of American cuisine....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:10:10 PM
At 8/23/2011 11:05:53 AM, Danielle wrote:

Salads come with chicken though.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:10:32 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:09:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Ahhh, McDonald's...I love the French fries, which are so crispy and, with a drop of ketchup, can taste so good, the sandwiches, and the meals there. But now I prefer the luxury of restaurants in the open Mediterranean or an old Italian bar, where I can drink cappuccino and look at the wall hangings. I have now been cultured, and no longer desire the improvidence of American cuisine....

American cuisine is culture.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:12:20 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:10:32 PM, inferno wrote:

And so is French, Italian, German, British, and even Chinese cuisine as well. All the cuisines of the world form a delicious appetite for the gourmet.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:13:00 PM
I think it is the stunning combination of french fries, mixed with the cheese from a burger and the sweetness and texture of a vanilla milkshake. Hmmm.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:14:24 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:12:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

And so is French, Italian, German, British, and even Chinese cuisine as well. All the cuisines of the world form a delicious appetite for the gourmet.

Im from the SouthEastern United States. I actually prefer good ole fashioned
soul food deep fried. Oh this is something that you know nothing about kid.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:15:06 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:14:24 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course not, Inferno...I live in the urban areas of New York, not in Southeastern United States.

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:15:29 PM

I think you made a mistake including British "cuisine" in that list but otherwise I agree!
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:15:37 PM
Convenience has virtues, especially for pit stops on long trips. It's not fair to compare it to real food, since the main selling points are cost and convenience.

Some of the breakfast food is fine. Overall, the food is too sweet. They put sweet sauces on hamburgers -- a crime.

I went to a McDonalds in Switzerland that had wine. In Japan they have corn soup. In Hawaii, Portuguese sausage with rice for breakfast.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:20:18 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:15:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/23/2011 12:14:24 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course not, Inferno...I live in the urban areas of New York, not in Southeastern United States.

Man Is Good. Obviously you are oblivious to your own environment. I have been to the Great North many times before, and that includes New York City.
They have restaurants where you can eat Southern food day and night.
Maybe you should try them in your spare time. Fried chicken is divine. <
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:21:17 PM
Chicken nuggets are evil..

I hate them.. but if I go there... and someone's getting nuggets..

I end up having at least 20.. each one leaves you hungrier than when you started!

Really I try not to go there b/c I find most of their stuff kind of sickening to think about.. but They've got good coffee, Hashbrowns ($1 a piece though :/ ).. and awesome fries.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:22:31 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:15:29 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

I think you made a mistake including British "cuisine" in that list but otherwise I agree!

I don't really know much about British cuisine....why is it a mistake to include British cuisine in the list?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:23:06 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:15:37 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Convenience has virtues, especially for pit stops on long trips. It's not fair to compare it to real food, since the main selling points are cost and convenience.

Some of the breakfast food is fine. Overall, the food is too sweet. They put sweet sauces on hamburgers -- a crime.

I went to a McDonalds in Switzerland that had wine. In Japan they have corn soup. In Hawaii, Portuguese sausage with rice for breakfast.

Of course you can compare it to real food in spite of its processing.
Fries can be seen as white potatoes.
Burgers can be seen as an alternative to normal beef.
The smoothies and sundaes are of course ice cream.
The salads are vegetables in a different form.

It is not that far from normal, or else people would not be eating it.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:23:23 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:20:18 PM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. Obviously you are oblivious to your own environment. I have been to the Great North many times before, and that includes New York City.

Really? There are restaurants with 'Southern food' in the 'Great North'?

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:24:38 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:22:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I don't really know much about British cuisine....why is it a mistake to include British cuisine in the list?

b/c their food is best known for sucking.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:25:19 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:24:38 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/23/2011 12:22:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

b/c their food is best known for sucking.
Okay....how does their food 'suck'?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:27:31 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:23:23 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/23/2011 12:20:18 PM, inferno wrote:

Really? There are restaurants with 'Southern food' in the 'Great North'?

See this is what I mean when I say oblivious ? You are such a genius arent you ?
This is the perception of the Northern White Male Conservative. Why do you deny culture ?
Youre an ultra modern Conservative. And an idealogue. I find you guilty of
non assimilation. This is part of your upbringing, isnt it Man Is Good. Comments please. (Getting ready for a long winded debate)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:28:24 PM
Ahh, an interesting question you pose, as it not only reveals the socioeconomic desires of the American public, but also an in depth analysis of oneself and how he has conformed to the masses of the country.

No, I don't like McDonalds. What a dimwit question.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:29:10 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:24:24 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
mmm i like to get an order of fries and an oreo mcflurry and eat them together.

The McFlurry is nice.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:30:58 PM
At 8/23/2011 12:29:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/23/2011 12:24:24 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
mmm i like to get an order of fries and an oreo mcflurry and eat them together.

The McFlurry is nice.

the only Shake I ever get is Wendy's frosty..

and not the new-fangled fake-frosties they've been selling. Just the original kind.

That and a spicy chicken sandwich 8)

much better than Mcdonalds :P

Metaphysics: