Jump to topic:

If You Could Go Back?

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 6:49:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you could go back in time [and not have to suffer from a Grandfather Paradox, you are simply creating an alternate history/universe/timeline] to any point in time [but you cannot carry any modern things but you can take your knowledge and use that to replicate modern/more advanced technology] when and where would you go, what would you do, and why?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 6:56:01 PM
At 8/27/2011 6:49:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
If you could go back in time [and not have to suffer from a Grandfather Paradox, you are simply creating an alternate history/universe/timeline] to any point in time [but you cannot carry any modern things but you can take your knowledge and use that to replicate modern/more advanced technology] when and where would you go, what would you do, and why?

IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!!! DO NOT TRY!!!! OR YOU WILL BECOME LIKE JOHN LOCKE AND BE ALL LIKE "WHEN THE HELL AM I???"

Aside from that I would go back and re-invent fire andbe the greatest person ever. :D
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 7:59:40 PM
At 8/27/2011 6:56:01 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 8/27/2011 6:49:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!!! DO NOT TRY!!!! OR YOU WILL BECOME LIKE JOHN LOCKE AND BE ALL LIKE "WHEN THE HELL AM I???"

Aside from that I would go back and re-invent fire andbe the greatest person ever. :D

I'd probably warn Robert E. Lee about going to Gettysburg. Either that or go back to WW2 Europe and became the greatest person in recorded history because I'd track down and capture Hitler so the US could interrogate and kill him.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 8:21:08 PM
I'd go back about 15,000 years and see what was really going on. See if some humans were advanced like I think or if they were all primitive like mainstream wants us to believe. Then I wold help build a civilization with all the modern knowledge I have and enjoy a true life of free choices.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
koolcat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:07:37 PM
i would go back in time to see my mom before she died of caancer. i would tell her i love her and good-bye because i didnt get to do any of those thing when she past away. i was only 10 :(
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:24:19 PM
I would go back to the time of the medieval age and somehow prevent the massacre of Hughenots and French courtiers (during the Protestant movement, in France), or assassinate Hitler to prevent all the mishaps that occurred during the Second World War.

Nevertheless, unless if there is such a thing as fate, I might succeed. But if the laws of fate are something not to be contravened with, then I doubt that I will effect any change in history...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 2:02:30 PM
I'd warn the Egyptians to have some buckets of water standing by when the Romans accidently burned down the Great Library of Alexandria to the ground, which caused technological progress to slow down by several hundred years.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Just1Voice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 2:14:58 PM
I am not prepared to accept that level of responsibility.

Those events have played out, and the factors that led to their coming about are the result of the inertia of the universe (with perhaps some small amount of individual choice thrown in to keep things interesting). To go back in time, knowing this, is to assume total responsibility for everything that changes. There is no way for our limited perceptions to allow us to conceive of what those changes might be or what they might lead to. That strikes me as extremely irresponsible and highly ill-advised.
Just1Voice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 6:46:58 PM
At 9/4/2011 2:06:08 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
I'd go to before the big bang and see what REALLY Happened.

The big bang is a singularity, and all laws of physics break down as you approach the event horizon. There is no "before" the big bang.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 8:16:07 PM
At 9/4/2011 8:11:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'd totally go back in time and take credit for all scientific discoveries.

This is probably the same stunt you would pull on Galileo and Newton
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.