Jump to topic:

Petition to not feed the trolls

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:36:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
We all came to the same inescapable conclusion with Inferno. I think Izbo has reached this point.

I fear that there literally may be no way of reasoning with him due to a mental condition he may have.

I suspect that Inferno and Izbo both may be sociopaths. I have numerous reasons for this theory, and I honestly don't feel like categorically listing all of the warning signs.

Suffice it to say that Inferno got bored with not being the center of attention. Izbo will attempt to coerce us back in to his world of hatred, thus gaining the center of attention again.

He may even pull a desperation stunt like Inferno did, starting threads where he masquerades as being contrite to get you to feel sorry for him. Sociopaths, being manipulators, will do anything t regain control. That's what it's all about in the final analysis -- control and domination, so that they can continue to live under the presumption that they've got it all figured out, and if only everyone were as smart as they were, they'd "see the light."

The good news about sociopaths is that they can't stand boredom. Quite literally, totally ignoring Inferno has succeeded admirably, and I strongly urge everyone to do the same with Izbo.

He is, quite literally, a lost cause.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:39:13 AM
One last comment.

Predictably, the last time I made a thread like this for Inferno, he reveled in it. Why? Because he was the center of attention. Izbo will likely do the same thing.

But there is no other way to get the word out en mass. So allow them to revel in it, if only for a short while.

Like all threads, this one will fizzle out and die too. I only ask that all remain steadfast, from here on out, in totally and completely ignoring them.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:40:47 AM
Do we stop feeding the animals at the zoo simply for having lesser intelligence than us? No. We turn their lesser intelligence into a public display for entertainment. Why not do that here?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:45:22 AM
But....but it's funny!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:45:39 AM
At 8/28/2011 9:40:47 AM, 000ike wrote:
Do we stop feeding the animals at the zoo simply for having lesser intelligence than us? No. We turn their lesser intelligence into a public display for entertainment. Why not do that here?:

Because you'd be playing right in to his hands. That's what he wants. Negative attention is still attention.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:51:54 AM
I am sorry, by constantly attack Izbo however justified I am a troll myself.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:53:32 AM
At 8/28/2011 9:45:39 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Do we stop feeding the animals at the zoo simply for having lesser intelligence than us? No. We turn their lesser intelligence into a public display for entertainment. Why not do that here?:

Because you'd be playing right in to his hands. That's what he wants. Negative attention is still attention.

No one enjoys negative attention. If the world hated one person, he's famous yes, but he shall still feel like crap. I think its the wiser and more restrained action to ignore, but feeding the troll for fun is okay too.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:54:48 AM
At 8/28/2011 9:53:32 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/28/2011 9:45:39 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

No one enjoys negative attention. If the world hated one person, he's famous yes, but he shall still feel like crap. I think its the wiser and more restrained action to ignore, but feeding the troll for fun is okay too.

You have never met anyone that hated themselves?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:54:55 AM
At 8/28/2011 9:51:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am sorry, by constantly attack Izbo however justified I am a troll myself.

I get that--but it's quite amusing to see him b!%ch and moan. I'm sure I'll grow bored eventually.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:55:41 AM
At 8/28/2011 9:51:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am sorry, by constantly attack Izbo however justified I am a troll myself.:

It's hard not to get sucked in. I did it too.

But it's been very nice not dealing with Inferno for close to two weeks I know this guy will get bored eventually.

It would not surprise me in the least that this is his 10th forum. He's probably been banned or willingly left because of boredom ten times before he found DDO.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:59:42 AM
No one enjoys negative attention.:

You're not a sociopath, so perhaps it's difficult to understand. Being as conceited and uncompassionate as he is may be inconceivable for you because your mind operates on a completely different wavelength than this guy.

I think its the wiser and more restrained action to ignore, but feeding the troll for fun is okay too.:

I can't force you to stop feeding him, but I would strongly advise it. Has the forum not improved concurrently with Inferno's absence? Imagine having real dialogue with worthy members again without it being derailed with hateful or inane commentary?
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 10:18:51 AM
Do we stop feeding the animals at the zoo simply for having lesser intelligence than us? No. We turn their lesser intelligence into a public display for entertainment. Why not do that here?
This.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 3:07:17 AM
I stopped engaging him a long while ago. Thing is, i don't think he is knowingly a troll, as most trolls are self-aware of their trollishness, but to be honest, he's just not very smart, not at all. First i tried to engage him in honest discourse, then i realized, after exerting great patience, that he had some sort of mental block in comprehending what i was trying to explain. After that he got more mean, and stupid + mean (on this site) = funny. But then, due to his lack of imagination and literary limitations it became repetitive and not funny, so i don't even read his stuff anymore.

C_N has a history of compulsive troll feeding. It is something that he has had trouble dealing with in the past in that he feels compelled to respond to idiocy. I think we should have a 12 step thread for him. Step 2 - Came to believe that a power greater than himself could restore him to sanity.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:40:39 AM
At 8/29/2011 3:07:17 AM, innomen wrote:
C_N has a history of compulsive troll feeding. It is something that he has had trouble dealing with in the past in that he feels compelled to respond to idiocy. I think we should have a 12 step thread for him. Step 2 - Came to believe that a power greater than himself could restore him to sanity.

Haha yea...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 2:52:54 PM
At 8/28/2011 9:36:14 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
We all came to the same inescapable conclusion with Inferno. I think Izbo has reached this point.

I fear that there literally may be no way of reasoning with him due to a mental condition he may have.

I suspect that Inferno and Izbo both may be sociopaths. I have numerous reasons for this theory, and I honestly don't feel like categorically listing all of the warning signs.

Suffice it to say that Inferno got bored with not being the center of attention. Izbo will attempt to coerce us back in to his world of hatred, thus gaining the center of attention again.

He may even pull a desperation stunt like Inferno did, starting threads where he masquerades as being contrite to get you to feel sorry for him. Sociopaths, being manipulators, will do anything t regain control. That's what it's all about in the final analysis -- control and domination, so that they can continue to live under the presumption that they've got it all figured out, and if only everyone were as smart as they were, they'd "see the light."

The good news about sociopaths is that they can't stand boredom. Quite literally, totally ignoring Inferno has succeeded admirably, and I strongly urge everyone to do the same with Izbo.

Sorry sir ? Were you talking to me. This thread like the last is an epic fail.
The sage continues............
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:48:30 PM
Trolls have enough problems to deal with. They sleep under bridges, and have to live with the stigma of resembling Blanka from street fighter.

OP is clearly a racist.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 10:05:21 PM
At 8/29/2011 5:48:30 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Trolls have enough problems to deal with. They sleep under bridges, and have to live with the stigma of resembling Blanka from street fighter.

OP is clearly a racist.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:38:19 PM
At 8/28/2011 9:59:42 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
No one enjoys negative attention.:

You're not a sociopath, so perhaps it's difficult to understand. Being as conceited and uncompassionate as he is may be inconceivable for you because your mind operates on a completely different wavelength than this guy.

I think its the wiser and more restrained action to ignore, but feeding the troll for fun is okay too.:

I can't force you to stop feeding him, but I would strongly advise it. Has the forum not improved concurrently with Inferno's absence? Imagine having real dialogue with worthy members again without it being derailed with hateful or inane commentary?

Have you read the book the sociopath next door? If not you should, it would probably interest you
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Puppet911
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 1:08:47 PM
Either way, trolls only respond to ATTENTION. Hate them or love them, feeding them will only make it worse. It is overall better to just plain out ignore them, and let things progress as usual. Feeding trolls through either contemptuous or loving feelings will only make the troll STRONGERRRRRR! Ignore them! Just plain out ignore them!
Toe-Fun-Guy
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 2:15:48 PM
At 8/28/2011 9:36:14 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Thanks PM. You have managed to expose to us once again your unlimited stupidity.
Thanks for erecting this statue of Izbo and Inferno in the land of DDO.
You have done us a great service and your concern is greatly appreciated.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:16:02 AM
At 9/4/2011 12:11:51 AM, koolcat wrote:
ok...... people talk about trolls all the time what are they???

Someone who posts things with the sole intent of provoking an emotional response.