Jump to topic:

Great quotes.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:05:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are the best quotes you have ever seen?

I like this one:

"Peace is the highest aspiration of the American people. We will negotiate for it. We will sacrifice for it. We will NOT surrender for it, now or ever."
- Ronald Reagan
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:07:17 PM
"A day will come when there will be no battlefields, but markets opening to commerce and minds opening to ideas. A day will come when the bullets and bombs are replaced by votes, by universal suffrage, by the venerable arbitration of a great supreme senate which will be to Europe what Parliament is to England, the Diet to Germany, and the Legislative Assembly to France.
A day will come when a cannon will be a museum-piece, as instruments of torture are today. And we will be amazed to think that these things once existed!
A day will come when we shall see those two immense groups, the United States of America and the United States of Europe, facing one another, stretching out their hands across the sea, exchanging their products, their arts, their works of genius, clearing up the globe, making deserts fruitful, ameliorating creation under the eyes of the Creator, and joining together, to reap the well-being of all, these two infinite forces, the fraternity of men and the power of God. "
--Victor Hugo, Discours d'ouverture, congrès de la paix
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:07:19 PM
"be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Gandhi
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 2:30:16 PM
Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 1:59:35 PM
War is mass murder, conscription is slavery, and taxation is theft. -Murray Rothbard
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
VainApocalypse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 3:46:22 PM
I think these quotes more digestibly define my philosophy and worldview than any verbose tangent I could deliver.

"We are going to become gods. Period. If you don't like it, get off."
Richard Seed

"Let everything break that is able to be broken."
Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Nietzsche

"Man—every man—is an end in himself, not a means to the ends of others."
The Virtue of Selfishness, Rand

"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."
The Myth of Sisyphus, Camus
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 10:12:30 PM
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. " - Thomas Jefferson
turn down for h'what
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 10:17:21 PM
"We work jobs that we hate, to buy sh*t we don't need." - Tyler Durden

This pretty much sums up my views of economics from a social standpoint. I would have to say Fight Club was probably the single greatest movie I've ever seen.
Rob
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:15:52 PM
At 8/29/2011 10:17:21 PM, Lasagna wrote:
"We work jobs that we hate, to buy sh*t we don't need." - Tyler Durden

This pretty much sums up my views of economics from a social standpoint. I would have to say Fight Club was probably the single greatest movie I've ever seen.

Aren't you forgetting Pulp Fiction, American Psycho, and The Departed? Of course since you said Fight Club is the best movie you've seen, I can give you a pass if you just haven't seen the aforementioned better movies than Fight Club.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"