Jump to topic:

Ramp models

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 1:58:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What exactly do they do? They just walk in a very unnatural way on a weird "stage" with lots of people sitting and watching them. They also wear very weird clothes.

What exactly is this profession?

Can someone explain this mystery to me?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 6:07:21 PM
At 9/1/2011 1:58:51 PM, Indophile wrote:
What exactly do they do? They just walk in a very unnatural way on a weird "stage" with lots of people sitting and watching them. They also wear very weird clothes.

It makes rich gay men happy and is therefore good for the economy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 6:11:55 PM

lol, you mean runway models? I was thinking like models of ramps (like miniture versions of wheelchair ramps or skateboard ramps).

Basically yes, they are one of the venues where waste is ideal. They produce nothing, they improve nothing, they help nothing. But, I suppose you could classify them as "sales people" since they are technically trying to sell clothes, even though no one really looks like models so they are not very good sales people.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 6:14:36 PM
At 9/1/2011 6:11:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

lol, you mean runway models? I was thinking like models of ramps (like miniture versions of wheelchair ramps or skateboard ramps).

Basically yes, they are one of the venues where waste is ideal. They produce nothing, they improve nothing, they help nothing. But, I suppose you could classify them as "sales people" since they are technically trying to sell clothes, even though no one really looks like models so they are not very good sales people.

it gives people jobs, and is used to entertain the wealthy and vain.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 6:45:40 PM
At 9/1/2011 6:14:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

it gives people jobs, and is used to entertain the wealthy and vain.

Jobs that don't produce anything, or improve anything. At least prostitutes provide a service of relieving stress. But the rich are not "entertained" they are usually buying the clothes (or thinking about it).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 3:10:39 PM

Yes, but you are not helping me with this explanation. How does this thing work?? And why?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 5:43:37 PM
At 9/2/2011 3:10:39 PM, Indophile wrote:
Yes, but you are not helping me with this explanation. How does this thing work?? And why?

Runway models are hired by high end clothing designers to display new fashions. The ultimate target audience is rich women who can afford expensive fashions, but the shows also attract the fashion industry publication who further advertise the fashions and promote fashion trends. High-end clothing designers sell custom fashions, but they also brand other items for more general markets. That justifies large promotion budgets.

Runway models are extremely thin and are hired for their ability to make the fashions look good. That's accomplished by the way the model moves to show off the fashions. They sort of rattle around inside the clothing, or at least that's what it looks like to the untutored like me.

I once had breakfast at a hotel in Tokyo where there happened to be a dozen fashion models in the city for a show. They were all tall and impossibly skinny, like living skeletons. It was frightening, but I ate a good breakfast anyway.