Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Death of a Thinker.

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 6:38:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
SAN FRANCISCO- A man collapsed in the middle of a crosswalk on Embarcadero St last sunday, eyewitnesses report. "He just fell, like his legs gave up on him" says witness Nicholas Sharpe "It was very absurd". The Hospital he was taken to declared him to be dead. "He was dead before he hit the ground" reports Senior ER specialist, Rod Churchill. Doctors cannot find any apparent cause of death, and the only clue is that the subject's mind shows no leftover electrical residue "Its as if his mind just ran out of electricity" continues Churchill "The only thing that would make effects like this is a seizure, though he shows no other signs that would signify a seizure to have taken place". His medical records show that the subject has has no prior history of medical problems. "My personal conclusion, is that his mind gave up on him, internally". 

Family members deny that the subject had any history of depression. "He was doing great in school, had a wonderful girlfriend, I doubt it could be anything psychological" responded his mother, who would like to remain anonymous. Friends and family members classified him as "Very cheery" and "Always ready to tell a joke, especially a riddle".

While it is unclear what caused his death, this subject is still in autopsy, and there are rumors that the FBI is investigating for any biochemical agents.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 6:45:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Holy. Crap.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 6:45:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bit of a misnomer don't you think? My first impression was that some great psychological mind was assassinated or something. Interesting story however, I hope they find the cause.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 6:49:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I hope the autopsy turns up evidence to the sudden cause of death, and the possible involvement of 'biological agents'...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 6:54:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 6:49:05 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I hope the autopsy turns up evidence to the sudden cause of death, and the possible involvement of 'biological agents'...

Agreed. Although I wouldn't mind the badassery of them saying "Yeah, he thought so much that he literally dropped dead."
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:01:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

I actually had a feeling, as I'm sure that the brain doesn't "run out of electricity."

Guess that goes to show that you shouldn't compromise your beliefs on something which may or may not be factual.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:01:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

Well, that's not important info....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:02:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 7:01:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

Well, that's not important info....

so wait, did you literally take the time to make up a fake story to trick us? Wow, you must be bored.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:08:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

Oh, I was just about to look up the possible condition in my medical dictionary, though I did feel somewhat skeptical about the notion of the brain running out of electricity...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:09:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 7:05:20 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Its a metaphor.

for what?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:28:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 7:09:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:05:20 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Its a metaphor.

for what?

It's better to learn yourself. If I tell you you will learn nothing.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:44:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 7:28:36 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:09:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:05:20 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Its a metaphor.

for what?

It's better to learn yourself. If I tell you you will learn nothing.

I take it that you don't know yourself?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 8:16:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 7:44:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:28:36 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:09:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:05:20 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Its a metaphor.

for what?

It's better to learn yourself. If I tell you you will learn nothing.

I take it that you don't know yourself?

I agree. No offense to Rocky, but obvious cop-out is obvious.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 8:21:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Obvious psychological ploys to get Rocky to ruin it are obvious.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 11:20:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 8:16:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:44:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:28:36 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:09:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2011 7:05:20 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Its a metaphor.

for what?

It's better to learn yourself. If I tell you you will learn nothing.

I take it that you don't know yourself?

I agree. No offense to Rocky, but obvious cop-out is obvious.

...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 3:46:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

It was quite obvious.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 4:39:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 3:46:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

It was quite obvious.

funnily obvious even lol

a metaphor for the ideas you presented to us in your animals thread perhaps, Rocky?
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 9:32:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 4:39:44 AM, el-badgero wrote:
At 9/7/2011 3:46:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/6/2011 6:58:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I forgot to add that this is a fake story.

It was quite obvious.

funnily obvious even lol

a metaphor for the ideas you presented to us in your animals thread perhaps, Rocky?

Yaaaa....no.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 9:48:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow, adding on to the fact that we could go at any minute.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 10:19:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
First person to tell me what it means gets a golden apple inscribed with "To the fairest". It is worth a million interweb points.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 10:26:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 10:19:37 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
First person to tell me what it means gets a golden apple inscribed with "To the fairest". It is worth a million interweb points.

It means nothing, and it never did. It means that you can form a coherent string of sentences into the appearance of a news story. The sheer fact that you refuse to answer what exactly the story means shows that you're simply goading people to analyse and try to interpret a 15 year old's simplistic and imaginative story, it shows that you know it has no meaning, but want to see what people come up with. It shows that you want to see others breathe meaning into an originally meaningless plot. THAT was the message of that pseudo-article.

Now give me my apple.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 11:41:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 10:26:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/7/2011 10:19:37 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
First person to tell me what it means gets a golden apple inscribed with "To the fairest". It is worth a million interweb points.

It means nothing, and it never did. It means that you can form a coherent string of sentences into the appearance of a news story. The sheer fact that you refuse to answer what exactly the story means shows that you're simply goading people to analyse and try to interpret a 15 year old's simplistic and imaginative story, it shows that you know it has no meaning, but want to see what people come up with. It shows that you want to see others breathe meaning into an originally meaningless plot. THAT was the message of that pseudo-article.

Now give me my apple.

It has meaning all right.

I'll tell you if you like, though that will really ruin it. Its not the destination that counts, on the path to knowledge, its the journey.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 10:34:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It being San Francisco, there is a good chance his brain was running on wing energy, probably from a propeller beanie. A sudden calm spell left him without electricity.